BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The problem with Pardew is not that he is not young, its that hes proven to be shit.

Am I right in thinking Pardew has only just finished being paid off by Newcastle because of his weird 5yr contract?

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Am I right in thinking Pardew has only just finished being paid off by Newcastle because of his weird 5yr contract?

Wrong I’d imagine he was on 250k a year at Newcastle for 8 years. Palace paid 2 million when they poached him, amazingly the only job bar reading early in his career he’s not been sacked from.

Bet he’s rolling in it from Palace and WBA though.

• Backroom
19 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think it was an 8 year contract!

It was indeed. Crazy decision.

Speaking of crazy decisions, I think Moyes still technically has a year left to run on his Man Utd contract!

Not an appointment that I would be particularly excited by if I were a Sunderland fan. Ross seems to be another one like Paul Heckingbottom - getting linked to every job going despite not having really done anything of significance.

I think it is good that a young British manager is getting a job higher up the levels but it is one heck of a gamble for Sunderland on a bloke who has never managed above the Scottish 2nd tier at small clubs.

Don't think things are as rosy at Sunderland as some would believe.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not an appointment that I would be particularly excited by if I were a Sunderland fan. Ross seems to be another one like Paul Heckingbottom - getting linked to every job going despite not having really done anything of significance.

I think it is good that a young British manager is getting a job higher up the levels but it is one heck of a gamble for Sunderland on a bloke who has never managed above the Scottish 2nd tier at small clubs.

Don't think things are as rosy at Sunderland as some would believe.

Very, very strange appointment.

Fulham and Aston Villa are fighting for at least £160 million from a share of the Premier League’s multibillion-pound broadcasting rights deals when they contest the playoff final this weekend.

That could rise to £280 million should the victors then avoid relegation next season.

Puts our meagre winnings from gaining promotion from the third division into very painful context. 

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Fulham and Aston Villa are fighting for at least £160 million from a share of the Premier League’s multibillion-pound broadcasting rights deals when they contest the playoff final this weekend.

That could rise to £280 million should the victors then avoid relegation next season.

Puts our meagre winnings from gaining promotion from the third division into very painful context. 

No pressure then.

Not much from the "what if" types about Jokanovic compared to the remarks about Warnock, etc. I guess people were happy with Lambert (certainly at that point) but difference is Tan backed Warnock and Khan seems to have learnt from some of his errors. Not quite convinced Venkys have. 

Of course Jokanovic still hasn't quite been promoted yet. Rather him though with pricks like Terry and Bruce at Villa.

Edited by Vinjay17
  • Like 1

Apparently Terry has requested a contractual clause (or at least a verbal agreement as Bruce has outright said they would agree to it) where he won't be expected to face Chelsea if promoted. Not quite sure exactly how that worked for the FA, League Cup, etc this season had they drawn each other. As long as there's an "out" (for instance Villa needing to beat Chelsea in a vital game) I kinda agree with Terry at his age refusing. People laugh at anything that isn't quite normal but why should he be expected to play against Chelsea? If Villa don't like it then they don't have to sign him do they? OK Terry's an egomaniac (almost surprised he didn't have his own parade when Chelsea cancelled because of the safety advice after Manchester Arena bombing) but like I've said at his age what's the problem? Funny too seeing a few United fans saying they hope Villa lose today mainly because of Terry being there. Sums them up considering Bruce won titles there and it's laughable to call Terry scum when Giggs displays similar behaviour.

As someone else pointed out if Totti, Maldini, etc had insisted on such a clause (obviously not for games against Chelsea) the reaction would have been different. Just because Terry's vile does not mean everything he does has to be treated with sneers and contempt.

Edited by Vinjay17

• Backroom

Ridiculous clause, extreme hypothetical situation but if Villa go up and then need a point on the last day of the season at Stamford Bridge against a Chelsea team that need to win to win the league would not play?

He’s a villa player!

Good luck to Fulham today would be nice for Cairney to get to the top and I like them as a club - hard not to.

Fulham looking the better team, although Grealish looks a tricky customer, when he gets the ball for Villa. 

Villa have got a very expensive squad playing- would they have to sell if they didn’t go up? This is their second season down after all...

Edited by scotchrover

21 minutes ago, lraC said:

I think a few Rovers fans are hoping Villa win, as it is then more likely that Cairn will be transferred and we will get part of the profit. Sounds like a close game so far.

We could get a larger whack should he become a premier league captain for a season before he then moves.

Villa will be worried if they don't go up as their parachute payments will be halved next season. With a weekly bill of around £700k on the first team squad some cloth may need cutting. With lots of big earners to pay I wouldn't be surprised to see Grealish being touted about. 

https://sillyseason.com/salary/aston-villa-players-salaries-99599/