BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

Who do we think we go up and go down?

Any teams you are surprise with their signings or lack of?

I think Boro will win the league. Villa to finish second. With Fulham, Wolves, Norwich and Sheff Wed to be top 6..

With Millwall, Bolton and Qpr to go down

Sunderland to finish between 13th and 18th. Preston to be mid table and Hull City about 8th or 9th

• Moderation Lead

I can't see 'Boro winning the league tbh. I can see Monk getting until about Xmas, getting found out, then getting the chop, maybe the new man will get them into the play-offs.

Villa and Derby for automatic promotion. Fulham, Norwich, Wednesday and Hull for the play-offs most likely.

Millwall to go down, can't say re the other two......

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I can't see 'Boro winning the league tbh. I can see Monk getting until about Xmas, getting found out, then getting the chop, maybe the new man will get them into the play-offs.

Villa and Derby for automatic promotion. Fulham, Norwich, Wednesday and Hull for the play-offs most likely.

Millwall to go down, can't say re the other two......

Why Derby?

I would go 

1-Villa

2-Fulham

Play off winners- Preston 

Relegation-Sunderland, Burton, Milwall

It's such a competitive league. Around 10-12 teams probably expecting to be in with a  shout of promotion 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why Derby?

I would go 

1-Villa

2-Fulham

Play off winners- Preston 

Relegation-Sunderland, Burton, Milwall

It's such a competitive league. Around 10-12 teams probably expecting to be in with a  shout of promotion 

They've finally got a good manager in Rowett, I think this will be his platform to thrive. They've always had a good squad and I think he will get the most out of them.  

• Like 1

Despite all the hype and nonsense I think this seasons Championship is one of the weakest in memory. Of the clubs coming down the only one that looks remotely capable of going back up is Middlesbrough, and I'm not convinced by their chances (hence I don't think they'll even make the play-offs). Sunderland look like they are cutting back and signings like Jason Lowe and Jason Steele aren't going to get them up anytime soon. Hull have lost a lot of their Premier League squad, don't appear to have made any major additions and their Russian manager is an unknown entity which could easily end in disaster.

Beyond that there will be the obvious group of favourites - Wednesday, Norwich, Derby, Villa - are any of them stronger than last year? Wednesday I expect will be up there again and have the benefit of experience of 2 failed play-off campaigns. Derby might do better than previous seasons with a pragmatic and sensible manager running the show. Norwich very much unknown with their new coach.

Villa are clearly the standouts with their squad, resources and Bruce's experience in this league.

Anyone going to gatecrash the party? I really can't see the likes of Preston, Brentford, Ipswich etc. having enough to push for promotion, or any of the other mid table/bottom half sides.

I've predicted Cardiff to sneak in to the play offs due to the Warnock factor and nothing more than that.

Last year Brighton were strong favourites having just missed out the previous season and Newcastle were always going to be top 2 with their squad and manager. I can't really see that this season.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Problem is keepers like him breed a lack of confidence.

Defenders not trusting their keeper is dangerous and Raya has to make sure he has the respect and trust of our lot which isn't always easy for a young lad 

Preston North End: Maxwell, Fisher, Huntington, Spurr, Cunningham, Pearson, Barkhuizen, Browne, Johnson, Robinson, Sean Maguire.
Subs: Rudd, Vermijl, Horgan, Hugill, Gallagher, Davies, May.
Sheffield Wednesday: Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil, Boyd, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri, Rhodes.
Subs: Jones, Fox, Fletcher, Hooper, Nuhiu, Wildsmith, Wallace

Rhodes v Spurr. Come on Jordan lad, smash the Nobbers!

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Preston North End: Maxwell, Fisher, Huntington, Spurr, Cunningham, Pearson, Barkhuizen, Browne, Johnson, Robinson, Sean Maguire.
Sheffield Wednesday: Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Loovens, Pudil, Boyd, Hutchinson, Bannan, Reach, Forestieri, Rhodes.

Look at my avatar.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Rhodes was absolute dross. Looks a terrible footballer who just has a knack of finding space and being able to finish, ask him to do anything else and he's useless.

Just now, north_ender said:

Rhodes was absolute dross. Looks a terrible footballer who just has a knack of finding space and being able to finish, ask him to do anything else and he's useless.

Twas ever thus. Terrible footballer, runs like he's crapped himself, but terrific finisher and movement in the box. At least that's how he was at Rovers. You happy with your new manager?