BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Redknapp came on Talksport within 10 minutes of being sacked Saturday and was bright as a button, so obviously wasn't too distraught at getting sacked.

In one breath he said the reason they struggled is that the players he inherited weren't good enough and they couldnt get anyone in over summer. In the next breath he said they brought in FOURTEEN  (One four) players two days before the end of the transfer window and he'd only had a week to work with them!

Rowett didn't seem to have too much trouble getting a tune out of the players Redknapp thought werent good enough.

Good when he gets it right but can be very dangerous for the health of your Club can our 'arry.

Karanka and Pardew are currently the favorites for the job. Be interesting to see who they get 

12 hours ago, Butty said:

Our right back options are no worse than Lowe which is saying something. Smallwood and evans are also miles better in the centre.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jason Lowe wouldn't stand out playing for a conference level side. Absolute fraud of a footballer. No disrespect to him as he seems like a nice lad but he's a terrible footballer. 

A whole host of managers who have picked him nearly always as first choice would suggest he isn't a "terrible footballer"  but a good solid pro at second division level. 

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A whole host of managers who have picked him nearly always as first choice would suggest he isn't a "terrible footballer"  but a good solid pro at second division level. 

If he wasn't a local lad, he would have been shipped out long, long before he was. His stint as captain last year, when he should have been peaking, shows how limited he is in many,many ways. 

29 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

He was picked over the likes of Lee Williamson and Hope Akpan, both very average players who I'd still had rather had in the team than Lowe. We've had a few arguably unworthy scapegoats over the years but Jason Lowe really is an absolutely terrible footballer. 

• Like 1

It would appear that Birminghan City will let Carsley do the job for a while with him bring in Paul Williams as a coach today..

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-confirm-lee-carsleys-13636792

I think Carsley would be a good choice for them. 

Karanka and Pardew arent suited to them. 

Dont need a big name manager

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It would appear that Birminghan City will let Carsley do the job for a while with him bring in Paul Williams as a coach today..

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-confirm-lee-carsleys-13636792

I think Carsley would be a good choice for them. 

Karanka and Pardew arent suited to them. 

Dont need a big name manager

Carsley had an impressive stint at Brentford a couple of years ago, but I'm sure he said he didn't want that job permanently so unless things have changed he might not fancy front line management. Most managers at Brentford have done well in recent times. Steady club with low expectations and content fanbase.  It will be interesting to see how he goes on at a basket case club who think they are bigger and better than they really are and who will get stuck into the manager and players if results don't pick up quickly.

• Backroom

Sheffield United come out on top in the steel city Derby.

Great goal from Joao in his first appearance of the season but as we saw often makes the wrong decision on the ball.

Interesting that he got the nod ahead of Rhodes who looks broken, sad to see he looks like someone that doesn't enjoy football anymore. 

The Wednesday fans aren't keen on him after his show of cowardice in the play offs.

Seems he needs another move lower down the league to a club where he's the main man to reinvigorate him.

Just now, Tom said:

Sheffield United come out on top in the steel city Derby.

Great goal from Joao in his first appearance of the season but as we saw often makes the wrong decision on the ball.

Interesting that he got the nod ahead of Rhodes who looks broken, sad to see he looks like someone that doesn't enjoy football anymore. 

The Wednesday fans aren't keen on him after his show of cowardice in the play offs.

Seems he needs another move lower down the league to a club where he's the main man to reinvigorate him.

"Cowardice"?

I've no idea what you're referring to but Id imagine you're exaggerating somewhat.

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Cowardice"?

I've no idea what you're referring to but Id imagine you're exaggerating somewhat.

Referring to the fact Rhodes turned down a penalty in the penalty shootout in the Semi's against Huddersfield. I wouldn't call it cowardice but a big telling point the lad has been and still is massively lacking in confidence after it not working out at Boro, I do fully believe if he goes somewhere and is the main man he will start scoring again. I hope he does that too, said it before despite his limations his goals single handedly kept us up and then nearly got us into the play-offs. Top professional and a nice lad also. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Cowardice"?

Honestly for me it's not an exaggeration when talking football.

Play off semi final, penalty shootout, your star striker on £40,000 a week turns to the manager and said he doesn't fancy taking a penalty, they go on to lose the shootout.

Thats the kind of moment a striker should thrive on, in football terms it's pure cowardice to me.

He seemed fearless here I think his time at Boro clearly not in favour with the manager whilst the fans were desperate for him to play really damaged his confidence. Once he rediscovers that he'll fly again.

In human terms though Rhodes still comes across really well on someone that cares about the fans and often seems to make kind gestures to young fans.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Honestly for me it's not an exaggeration when talking football.

Play off semi final, penalty shootout, your star striker on £40,000 a week turns to the manager and said he doesn't fancy taking a penalty, they go on to lose the shootout.

Thats the kind of moment a striker should thrive on, in football terms it's pure cowardice to me.

He seemed fearless here I think his time at Boro clearly not in favour with the manager whilst the fans were desperate for him to play really damaged his confidence. Once he rediscovers that he'll fly again.

In human terms though Rhodes still comes across really well on someone that cares about the fans and often seems to make kind gestures to young fans.

It's not good I agree but hardly 'cowardice". To play devil's advocate if he didnt feel right on that particular day for whatever reason and didnt think he could score, you might argue he was doing the courageous thing by passing on the opportunity to someone else. I do agree his career appears to be rapidly on the wane though which is a shame as he was a cracking player for us and a top lad to boot. If only we had a 20 goal plus striker last season and even now.

Fans here dont seem to mind certain players who I would say display a certain amount of football cowardice. Who never try to make anything happen, never over extend themselves, never try to beat a man, rarely risk trying a defence splitting pass, or move into space for a return once they've passed a ball.

In fact they seem extremely well regarded!

• Like 1

I'm not his biggest fan by a long way but if he didn't fancy taking a pen that day he's got every right to say so especially if other guys wanted to take their turn. I agree most fans won't see it like that and he's probably finished at Wednesday.

No point yearning for him back though, he'd struggle up front with us at the moment. How many chances do we make in a usual performance ? One or two each game. 

A striker should never be ducking a penalty. It's an opportunity to score a gimme goal. Wasn't that Alan Shearer's mantra?

It's a real shame what has happened to him. A cheeky loan bid in January to help get him back  on track would be a plan. Particularly as Graham has proven to not be the 'head and shoulders above' League One striker that most would have expected.

• Like 2

Just now, Stuart said:

A striker should never be ducking a penalty. It's an opportunity to score a gimme goal. Wasn't that Alan Shearer's mantra?

It's a real shame what has happened to him. A cheeky loan bid in January to help get him back  on track would be a plan. Particularly as Graham has proven to not be the 'head and shoulders above' League One striker that most would have expected.

Graham has been a mega disappointment this season.

I agree with Tyrone above though,Rhodes wouldn't score goals in this side,currently anyway.We don't create chances,that might change if Mowbray finally decides to start Chapman and play Dack in his position

Notice that Leon Clarke scored a couple. I seem to remember him being linked with us a couple of years ago when Bowyer was manager.

Sheffield United seem to have assembled a side with little money spent. Clarke's one of those who would have ended up useless if he'd come here yet seems to be doing the business elsewhere. A forward line of Clarke, Ched Evans, Clayton Donaldson and Billy Sharp doesn't look like much yet they've had a strong start to the season and could well be up there.

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You know I was thinking earlier who would you rather have in league one Joao or Rhodes and when lining up their attributes you would think Joao.....

then I remember that Rhodes absolutely mullered this league, he hasn't lost any pace as he never had any and whilst he doesn't have what you would expect he just scored and scored in this league.

Fact remains he is above our level, I just hope we can get back to a level where we can argue if Rhodes is good enough for us or not!