BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Blackburn

It so sad what has happened to Aya, her family came to this country to make a better life for themselves, by all accounts she was a bright and intelligent young lady who was working hard to make a better future for herself, senselessly gunned down.  So many of these car washes and hair barbers are fronts for all sorts of illegal activity so it would not surprise me if this is related to some crime fued and Aya happened to be in the wrong place and wrong time.

I don't usually comment on some of the racist crap that gets posted on this forum but of the comments on this thread do make me laugh, just because it was an asian woman the automatic assumption was that it was an honour killing, no facts, just purely based on her cast and religon.

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

I don't usually comment on some of the racist crap that gets posted on this forum but of the comments on this thread do make me laugh, just because it was an asian woman the automatic assumption was that it was an honour killing, no facts, just purely based on her cast and religon.

Not racism, just learnt off previous "honour" killings across the country with victims of very similar traits (young, female, Muslim, leading her own life).

Let's see and if it's just as you say I'll hold my hands up.  Not one shooting in Blackburn for 25 years.....

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not racism, just learnt off previous "honour" killings across the country with victims of very similar traits (young, female, Muslim, leading her own life).

Let's see and if it's just as you say I'll hold my hands up.  Not one shooting in Blackburn for 25 years.....

Bang in the middle of the car wash triangle . Def drugs . 
Likely a couple or so families involved but I wouldn’t name as it would be speculative .  Prob not a coincidence a certain brand new property in the beardwood area has all its windows smashed in

Edited by Inglorious basturk

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

We will see, the inspector leading the investigation has already said that the evidence suggests that she was not the intended target and was an innocent bystander:

"“There is no evidence to suggest Aya was the intended target of this attack and every indication is that she was an innocent passer-by, making this all the more tragic. We are determined to find who did this to Aya, particularly for her family, who are understandably devastated at their loss. Our thoughts remain with them."

Hang the bastards no ifs buts maybe's we didn't mean its. Still cold blooded murder and there is no reason nor excuse.

Looks like the world has lost another one who was trying to make a positive contribution to society.  

RIP Aya.

Hang the bastards.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

It so sad what has happened to Aya, her family came to this country to make a better life for themselves, by all accounts she was a bright and intelligent young lady who was working hard to make a better future for herself, senselessly gunned down.  So many of these car washes and hair barbers are fronts for all sorts of illegal activity so it would not surprise me if this is related to some crime fued and Aya happened to be in the wrong place and wrong time.

I don't what the back story is but in the last year or so here in Rochdale we have had barber's shop opening up at a rate of about 1 every couple of months. There was a stabbing outside one about a month ago. There was about 5 police cars and vans at the incident plus an ambulance and another 3 police cars hemming in the get-away car just around the corner. I never knew we had so many coppers on duty !

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't what the back story is but in the last year or so here in Rochdale we have had barber's shop opening up at a rate of about 1 every couple of months. There was a stabbing outside one about a month ago. There was about 5 police cars and vans at the incident plus an ambulance and another 3 police cars hemming in the get-away car just around the corner. I never knew we had so many coppers on duty !

It's strange isn't it.

I live in a small town, population circa 30k or so.

For as long as I can remember, the town had three barber shops, two in the town centre and one on the outskirts as part of a small complex for people who lived at that end of the town.

Now all of a sudden in the past two or thee years another six have opened, and before the lockdown whenever you would walk past them they would all be empty, whilst two of the original three in the town centre would always be very busy.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

Same in Chorley they've popped up all over in the last few years yet you rarely see anyone in them when driving past. Must charge a lot for a crop to be able to survive.

Maybe if they are claiming Govt help now in the lockdown it would be a good time to look at their books and see how they arrive at the figures they are claiming ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Same in Chorley they've popped up all over in the last few years yet you rarely see anyone in them when driving past. Must charge a lot for a crop to be able to survive.

Maybe if they are claiming Govt help now in the lockdown it would be a good time to look at their books and see how they arrive at the figures they are claiming ?

Money laundering,  same with sun bed shops.  Well known fact actually.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kamy100 said:

Agreed Kamy.

Her Lebanese background (not that honour killings are unknown there) always made that theory highly improbable in a Blackburn context.

19 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have Chinese hair dressers arrived in Lancashire?

Edited by philipl

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Agreed Kamy.

Her Lebanese background (not that honour killings are unknown there) always made that theory highly improbable in a Blackburn context.

Yes but to be fair those that reacted to the news on here initially (including me) didn’t know what her background/nationality was and the shooting dead in the street of a young girl of apparent Asian heritage did initially smack of an honour killing. There was nothing racist about that reaction - maybe jumping to conclusions too early yes but not racist. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, Gav said:

Nice of them to share names and pictures of those arrested before they get a trial!
The LT and the police haven’t even mentioned anything about them yet!

Let’s hope they are guilty, eh?

• Like 1

Bamber Bridge has to be the Hairdressing/Barber capital of the World. 

I have a strange habit whenever i drive down/up Station Road and i do a count. The last time there was 14 from the Hob Inn to the Pear Tree.

Also Dog Shit bins are very popular from the Old Oak at Coupe Green all the way down through Higher Walton. Total overkill imo. 

Edited by KS Cracovia

34 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

One in Chorley is "Turkish Hairlines" which I find  mildly amusing when I pass by...

Its like the chap who sells fridges :D

Funny shop names that spoof Selfridges department store in London

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, philipl said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/21/two-more-arrested-over-aya-hachem-killing-in-blackburn?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Gmail

The number of arrests now point to the low lifes with the gun being part of something much bigger and deeply criminal.

The Romanians and Polish run a lot round there....my mum lives about a mile and half away