BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If we lose today we will be six points behind some of the fancied teams with a really tough game next week at Bradford. Potentially pointless after three games but played well? Substance over style in every game for me.

Winning games at the start of the season is so important. Three points in August can see you fly up the table placings. As everyone gets more points on the board it becomes that much harder to get up there.

Once you are near the top, it's easier to stay there with just a little consistency and it generates confidence. Conversely, start badly and find yourself near the bottom and the pressure becomes enormous leading to poor form.

Looking forward to a good start today. I suspect it'll be a nervy 1-0 to Rovers. But it's a fearful prediction as we always seem so prone to conceding early at Ewood and playing catch up. We need to assert some dominance from the off.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Biz said:

I know what you're getting at but looking at the table before 10 games is pointless. Just ask Mowbray about being top at Christmas and finishing outside the automatic spots! 

I think we need to be in or around the top of the table all season. I really don't want to be playing catch up after any period of games. In my opinion winning will breed confidence, possibly bring in some more fans and attract some quality signings in January.

Mm, that's not the line up I was hoping for. Looks like 3 at the back - Nyambe, Ward, Mulgrew and two wing backs Caddis and Williams.

Then Smallwood, Evans, Whittingham in midfield with Bennett playing behind Graham.

Does Mowbray know we're playing at home ?

Modern football does my head in. When I first started going the line ups were the other way around, we'd 5 forwards then not 1.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think we need to be in or around the top of the table all season. I really don't want to be playing catch up after any period of games. In my opinion winning will breed confidence, possibly bring in some more fans and attract some quality signings in January.

I don't want to either, I want us to win ever game but we will have to disagree on the importantance of today's result above performance. 

• Backroom

Shrimpers gave us an honest assessment and fair warning last week and fear Mowbray has done the same again, trying to be too cute with formations isn't a good thing in this league.

We can match any team 4-4-2 and wouldn't leave gaps.

Going for a 2-1 loss after seeing the team, worried now!

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

?

Whats the formation then?

4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 at a guess.

At least we seem to have round pegs in round holes nowadays.

Who on the bench should be replacing a starter? Samuel - on account of his goal against L2 opposition? D*ck - based on?

Only surprise is that Antonsson isn't in the squad. Bit pointless making a big deal about him signing in time to feature and then not picking him?

What's most frightening is the number of players in our squad that I've never heard of until we signed them.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 at a guess.

At least we seem to have round pegs in round holes nowadays.

Who on the bench should be replacing a starter? Samuel - on account of his goal against L2 opposition? D*ck - based on?

Only surprise is that Antonsson isn't in the squad. Bit pointless making a big deal about him signing in time to feature and then not picking him?

What's most frightening is the number of players in our squad that I've never heard of until we signed them.

No flair or pace for me which Dack, Gladwin, Samuel and Chapman supposedly bring to the side (one of the two at least). Just think it's a very negative side to be playing at home, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

As Mike says above I reckon it'll either be a stroke of genius or go terribly wrong. Fingers crossed we have the 3 points come 4.50pm.

Archived