Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, AAK said:

Can I just say, Raya was absolutely diabolical

And to think people were worried about losing him. Has to be the most overrated player to wear the shirt in years. Never done a thing to justify the hype. 

Feel dead inside after that.

Ward at fault for first 2 goals for me. Watched the replay, and he commits to a slide tackle but loses possession of the ball leaving Mulgrew exposed. No idea what Raya was doing there for the third.

Chapman has to start next match. He was the only one who looked like he might make something happen.

Not sure where we go from here... surely if we fail to win our next match some serious questions have to be asked of Mowbray. There was a lot to be optimistic about at the start of the season, but that's all gone now. I can only hope the poor start is due to the overhaul of the playing squad and they are taking time to gel together. 

• Backroom

So so so angry, had to leave after the third was getting too wound up.

Samuel and Gladwin (possibly Smallwood) were literally the only ones who could come out with any credit.

Everyone who started was shocking; the defence are pitiful yet Mowbray makes a big target out of them going 3 at the back.

Raya's confidence is now shot.

Graham shouldn't wear the shirt again.

Whittingham looks more Danny Murphy than Tugay.

We've seen how bad we are and how bad the referees are, promotion isn't even a consideration.

A new low 

Don't get me wrong Tony did not help today, but some of his signings looked pretty exciting if wasn't for them and bennet I would of stopped watching. The voids he's had to fill look promising he needs money to replace the @#/? that he has been left with, Raya, Nyambe, Ward, Graham the list goes on!

Beaten 3-1 at home to Doncaster while our rivals Burnley beat the premier league champions at Stamford Bridge. What a horrible day. Will there ever be a let up in this nightmare. Six points behind the leading pack already. We will be lucky to stay up the way we are going. 

I didn't watch today, but after Southend, I'm easily prepared to believe that we were an absolute shambles. 

Venkys out etc etc but Mowbray needs to get this sorted asap.

He needs to be given a chance but if we're seriously thinking about automatic promotion then we can't wait for months on end.

2/3 more games and if things haven't improved then I'd get rid.

I'm a big fan of Tony but today was a complete utter shambles- why he's persisting with 1 upfront is anyone's guess. I think this has got to be the lowest it's got under Venky's, in my view, but with our 6 fingered neighbour's coming up, it could get a hell of a lot worse....

Just now, scotchrover said:

I'm a big fan of Tony but today was a complete utter shambles- why he's persisting with 1 upfront is anyone's guess. I think this has got to be the lowest it's got under Venky's, in my view, but with our 6 fingered neighbour's coming up, it could get a hell of a lot worse....

0-4 is my conservative prediction 

To me btw Blackburn need a manager for the long term. I don't know if Mowbray is the answer but the damage that has been done across the club is not something that can change over night. Fans nerves and patience is already down to the bare bone and the problem more than anything is if we had someone who gave us a direction and stating this is what we are going to do but we need time I believe people will buy into and go for it. The problem is our team has been shot of confidence and a team full of strangers for over 7 years. We have had endless managers try but no one prevailed. That to me indicates the issue is more than just the manager, it is the owners where the buck stops. Do I like Mowbray yes I do, but I feel Rovers need an Allardyce and before Mowbray got appointed I pushed heavily for Keith Hill and I would still today. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

If they give us a spanking, I dread to think what the reaction will be.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

0-4 is my conservative prediction 

Wouldn't surprise me- they'll be up for going one better than that 5-0 drubbing we gave them I think.... does anyone know was was going on in the Darwen End by the way? That was equally bloody embarrassing!

Archived