BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

FGS we are in league 1. We attempt to play the ball from the back like Barcelona with have no commitment or willingness for the ball. Why on earth did TM play Graham as a lone striker. I don't want to see Graham in the team again.

Pathetic attempt and I've now got doubts about TM. Some will say team needs time to gel. This team will never gel because they don't have a leader.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to fitness levels I said to my son that I thought Doncaster looked a lot fitter than us and won most of the second balls.  He then came out with something rather inappropriate, that the rovers players were all "Chubby Fat Maradonna W***ers".  I don't know about fat, but they certainly don't appear fit or interested.  I have never heard a rovers crowd shout your not fit to wear the shirt at an entire team before either!

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

FGS we are in league 1. We attempt to play the ball from the back like Barcelona with have no commitment or willingness for the ball. Why on earth did TM play Graham as a lone striker. I don't want to see Graham in the team again.

Pathetic attempt and I've now got doubts about TM. Some will say team needs time to gel. This team will never gel because they don't have a leader.

Agree with all of that but I think Mulgrew, Evans, Smallwood and Graham could be leaders. I think we can turn it around but the main issue seems to be what you started with - tippy tappy BS, playing around our back line.

We need to mix this up with some direct football, utilise flanks more and mix it up!

People telling me on social media that I am being negative, why do we have so many fans like this at Rovers, are they @#/? thick or what? It really annoys the @#/? out of me

• Backroom

If we get the basics right I still think we've got enough players to be at the right end of the table.

Although I'm not convinced we have a single decent centre half.

Samuel has to start ahead of Graham who seems to be retired 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Mowbray has taken a team of gutless surrender monkeys and added even more surrender monkeys.

Not really. He made the mistake of starting with 8 of the "tried and tested' crew who took us down last season and most of them let him down once again. Didn't think Evans and Mulgrew were too bad but the rest jeez.......

Message to Messrs.Williams Ward Bennett and Graham, if you think you're too good for this division you really aren't. We need to ship this lot out get what we can for them and bring in lads who actually want to put a shift in at this level. If just one more person tells me Bennett iz a good player I tbink my head will explode.

All that said, Mowbray must take equal share of responsibility for the debacle, with a ridiculously negative formation. Was it 4 -5 -1 or 3-6-1? Couldn't tell.Either way what the hell are we doing playing one up front at home against Doncaster? He has to get his act into gear very quickly as well or not only will any hopes of automatic promotion disappear over tbe hill but we'll be looking over our shoulders at the wrong end of the table yet again.

Couldn't fault the effort of some of the new lads Samuel, Gladwin and Dack when they came on. At least they looked like thwy were trying unlike tbe old guard.

So so angry tonight. Never have the cries from the crowd of you're not fit to wear the shirt been more justified.

31 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Venkys have most definitely created this mess but Mowbray has been backed this summer so the buck stops with him,we have been terrible and his selections are so strange 

Not say he isn't  to blame, but IMO the only way forward is for new owner (don't think it will happen anytime soon) to come in,  which in turn breaths new life into the club. The new owners should / will engage with fans with hopes and aspirations and in turn left the stench of the last 7 year and hopefully steadily increasing optimisam within the club.

This will take years to achieve but is the only way forward.

Sorry state of affairs.

21 minutes ago, J*B said:

Did you enjoy your afternoon, Chaddy?

Think the chaddometer might need a refresh.

The Mowbrometer.

Right now, he isn't looking like he knows what he is doing. Man for man there is no way that Doncaster have a better team than us but they were a better 'team'. Like many times in recent seasons the opposition have looked fitter, better organised and 'wanting it' more than us. In contrast our lads looked like the match was a distraction.

Very concerned about the temperament of the potentially game changing D*ck, in particular. Can't help but think Mowbray dealt with his antics last weekend by dropping him for this game. He needs discipline and to get his head right. Flicking the ears of players during a half time beach-style kickabout - which he looked to have organised - suggests a lack of maturity and professionalism.

If he (and Samuel) were dropped for tactical reasons then TM got it very very wrong. Early days but he does not seem to have grasped what is required at this level, and we have certainly not hit the ground running.

2 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Attendance 12,223.

Did it look like there were that many on ?

Just to provide a bit of balance after my earlier  photo, the BBE and JW lower looked quite busy.

IMG_6728.JPG

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Half time after a dreadful second half and the Donny subs charge onto the pitch and start zipping the ball about.

Meanwhile Rovers rabble saunter out for a bit of a chat...

...without a ball.

(Eventually someone went and got one :rolleyes: )

IMG_6724.JPG

I have a video of it. 

Doncaster players doing drills, passing etc. 

Rovers subs stood in a circle dicking around doing keepy uppies.

Indicitive if the unprofessionalism and lack of leadership from top to bottom at the club  

We are screwed.

Definitely a new low in supporting Rovers, and all the more bitter as it seemed we had made the best moves since Venkys came in retaining Mowbray and a lot of apparently good signings for this level.

Topped off by Burnley having one of their best ever results.

How much worse can it get? Anything seems possible. Venkys just have to go. 

Just now, toogs said:

I have a video of it. 

Doncaster players doing drills, passing etc. 

Rovers subs stood in a circle dicking around doing keepy uppies.

Indicitive if the unprofessionalism and lack of leadership from top to bottom at the club  

We are screwed.

That is actually incredible. So telling 

Well, that was not what I expected!! I will get banned if I say what I think at the moment.

Very poor back four display, Ward is way past sell by date and Williams is just as bad as last season.

Caddis - could be my age on that performance. Nyambe - extremely limited but still young I suppose. Mullgrew tried to cover the dross around him.

Smallwood was ok, looked interested and quite energetic. Evans, invisible. Whittingham looks like he needs support around him (not a girdle).

Bennett runs around a lot but didn't look dangerous. Graham was in a training game, albeit had no support.

Subs - Dack, must play every game on that performance, a chink of light!! Samuel put himself about and scored.

Gladwin, could be ok but I hope he has more pace than he showed.

Very disappointing but I suppose it's early doors.

Need some pace at the back!!

Mowbray started with a three at the back system, as he had in the cup win.  But he said that wasn’t the reason for the defeat, saying an inability to defend properly was what cost them.

He added: “I don’t think it’s the formation that is the issue.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15469925._First_of_all_you_have_to_be_solid_defensively_and_we_weren___t____Tony_Mowbray_said_Rovers__defeat_was_self_inflicted/

52 minutes ago, DE. said:

And to think people were worried about losing him. Has to be the most overrated player to wear the shirt in years. Never done a thing to justify the hype. 

Raya made one bad mistake 

today's shambles was not his fault

he actually made a couple of excellent saves

• Backroom

Football is a simple game Tony, particularly in League 1. He's right to say tactics aren't the problem though, it's the rotten attitude of the entire team that makes us an embarrassment to watch. No commitment, no guts, no desire. Makes me sick to think what this team of losers and outcasts are being paid, even at this level. 

Archived