BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

Just slightly off the topic here i actualy think it would be great to have jason lowe back he brought a massive amount of energy to our midfield that not to say richie and corry are not as good but I remember when i played when you have somebody like that it positively effects all the others - anyone have his number lets start a campaign to get him to sign. I reckon he would have the same impact as paul merson did at portsmouth in 2002. Sometimes you need a player like that who sets by example - I only hope this gets to TM. Come on Jason there is a job for you to do here, and come on Tony surely you can see we are lacking bite and leadership out their. Any thoughts please reply !

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blackburnforever said:

Just slightly off the topic here i actualy think it would be great to have jason lowe back he brought a massive amount of energy to our midfield that not to say richie and corry are not as good but I remember when i played when you have somebody like that it positively effects all the others - anyone have his number lets start a campaign to get him to sign. I reckon he would have the same impact as paul merson did at portsmouth in 2002. Sometimes you need a player like that who sets by example - I only hope this gets to TM. Come on Jason there is a job for you to do here, and come on Tony surely you can see we are lacking bite and leadership out their. Any thoughts please reply !

I take it that both West Brom and Bolton said no after you had trials?

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@chaddyrovers please can you answer this.

Just find it quite embarrasing for Mowbray that he signed so many players yet 2 games in and without barely any injuries, hes playing players (Nyambe, Whittingham, Gladwin at LWB, Samuel wide v Southend etc) out of position, and people are suggesting other players (Bennett RB, Mulgrew LB) to cover positions in which we are woefully short in.

Also, you said that you'd have Doyle as first choice left back yet then said Williams should start at Bradford. Another contradiction.

Wrote Williams twice. 

Corrected now. 

At least your fan group will be happy.

Yesterday, we had Conway, Antonsson, Feeney, Chapman, Dack, Samuel and Gladwin all not in the side. 5 of them were signed by Mowbray. And even if we had played 4 at the back, we would have still had to field Ward and Williams, both of whom are not good enough. So if hes got limited finance, or limited places in his squad, then surely prioritise a left back and a centre back over 1 or 2 of them.

So this means either:

Mowbray isn't in control of signings (I'm not saying this is the case, nor do you know otherwise, regardless of what you claim)...

or Mowbray has made a mess of his summer recruitment (not in terms of the quality of signings, but the types of players he has brought in)

Question is simple. Do you think hes made a mess of the transfers in terms of addressing squad weaknesses, if indeed he is in control?

8 minutes ago, blackburnforever said:

check his workrate the stats say what i am saying

You can't survive on workrate alone Jason. You don't have any footballing ability which is why you are without a club. 

Dont worry about us though Jase, the one person who did do half decent on Saturday was your replacement.

14 minutes ago, blackburnforever said:

Genius. Satire at its finest. ??

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Havent I answered you Williams/Doyle question.

No other question. Ask the question and Answer it

Thought you were going to the game, Chadster.

Bored already?

22 minutes ago, blackburnforever said:

Saxooooooo :lol:

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Yesterday, we had Conway, Antonsson, Feeney, Chapman, Dack, Samuel and Gladwin all not in the side. 5 of them were signed by Mowbray. And even if we had played 4 at the back, we would have still had to field Ward and Williams, both of whom are not good enough. So if hes got limited finance, or limited places in his squad, then surely prioritise a left back and a centre back over 1 or 2 of them.

So this means either:

Mowbray isn't in control of signings (I'm not saying this is the case, nor do you know otherwise, regardless of what you claim)...

or Mowbray has made a mess of his summer recruitment (not in terms of the quality of signings, but the types of players he has brought in)

Question is simple. Do you think hes made a mess of the transfers in terms of addressing squad weaknesses, if indeed he is in control?

Firstly, Mowbray is in control of transfers. Journlists Bayes, Sharpe or Myers will tell you this. So stop talking this utter nonsense. Who else could be in charge of transfers at the club? and do you really Think Mowbray would be here if that the case? 

Secondly, no I dont. There is still 17 days of transfer window left. Mowbray still after making signings. So lets judge after the transfer closes and period of games. Yes we lost 1st 2 games but we have very good squad at this level and it will take time to gel the squad after making so many signings. 

After players in midfield were released and strikers on loan returned to their parent club, the main objective were to sign Midfielders and strikers as that were the gap in the squad was at the start of the season. 

Also like I said Feeney wont be here by September imo. 

Mowbray need to settle on a formation and play players like Samuel, Dack, Gladwin and Chapman in the formation ive mention.

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Thought you were going to the game, Chadster.

Bored already?

No Im actually at hospital with my missus. Waiting in A and E at Royal Hospital. Been waiting 90 mins already. Looking like another operation for her sadly. Not a good day

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Im actually at hospital with my missus. Waiting in A and E at Royal Hospital. Been waiting 90 mins already. Looking like another operation for her sadly. Not a good day

Crap news mate. Sorry about that.

Hope she's ok.

11 hours ago, blackburnforever said:

Hilarious...Why are you still without a club? Surely if you brought so much energy to midfield you'd have heaps lining up for you? As for leadership - the one season you were captain, we got relegated to League 1.

9 hours ago, neophox said:

We need steady defenders.. Wingers with pace and strikers with pace...sort it out

How many more players do you want? Already got plenty of them. This isn't football manager you can't keep stockpiling.

Mulgrew plays centre half for Scotland as well. I'm betting his body isn't able for the running required in center midfield. I don't see why he wouldn't have played there at some point recently otherwise

I would consider playing Smallwood and Lenihan as holding midfielders in a 4-2-3-1. We need some bite in there. Thoughts? 

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mulgrew plays centre half for Scotland as well. I'm betting his body isn't able for the running required in center midfield. I don't see why he wouldn't have played there at some point recently otherwise

I would consider playing Smallwood and Lenihan as holding midfielders in a 4-2-3-1. We need some bite in there. Thoughts? 

Pretty sure he played midfield for us a few times last season as well as left back. 

If we got some new CBs in id have Lenihan involved in midfield I guess but not at the moment as he is needed back there.

Archived