BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

What is evidently clear is that there is some common sense decision making going on behind the scenes. Having settled proper footballing staff in place is helping to stabilise the club, get it on the right footing which is paying dividends on and off the pitch.

The Rovers public now need to do their bit and join in because we are seeing a huge wave of positivity at the club and the team ethic on that park is as good if not better than when we won the Premiership.

We Owe a huge thanks to TM and his staff who have worked a miracle in ridding the ghosts of Keanscum and Coyle and the self righteous scum that had riddled our club from top to bottom for 7 years bringing it to its knees and destroying the great and good name of BRFC

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

...so I'm allegedly belittling the magnitude of those events and "yer a nob" is your final damning summation? I'm not belittling those events at all. It's extremely hypothetical for one thing besides what already exists and that's Howard Walker's hatred for this club.

Them having hatred for the club is one thing. Saying you believe they hope large numbers of innocent supporters die in a tragic event related to the club is something else.

S8 & Blue's summary is pretty spot on.

Edited by Hasta

After all that had gone on for several years, to then appoint Coyle at the last minute spoke volumes about the Raos. They learned nothing from the disaster they caused.

I could never trust them after that.

I think, and I said this months ago, that they have bought into TM's vision for the club. At last they have seen that their interests and our's coincide. Good on TM, he's done what no-one else managed to do.

He's persuaded them what we all knew all along, that the only way they will ever get their lost millions back is if they invest in player stock and get us back in the Premiership. (This is my theory anyway.)

At that point I hope they bugger off and never darken our doors again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

As it stands it will be goodbye to Mulgrew, Downing, Caddis, Whittingham, Gladwin, Palmer, Rodwell, Reed, Evans, Conway and Graham. Irrespective of the abilities of those players we haven't got a big squad now and almost half of it will need replacing from somewhere. A complex and expensive job.

An opportunity and I suppose potentially exciting if we get serious money to do it with but that would, in my opinion, require a budget bigger than the one we've had this summer and serious money spending on multiple positions.

This won't necessarily be such a huge or costly rebuilding job.

Whittingham, Gladwin and Caddis don't factor in. They are deadwood that never makes the squad, and if we are desparate enough with injuries to go there for bench spots briefly, I'm fine to use youth players. We should stop mentioning them in this context immediately, they simply don't need replacing.

Downing would be super easy to get to sign another deal if we decide we want him. If not, Wharton will be more experienced by then. Almost a non-issue again.

The big ones there are Graham, Mulgrew and Evans. If by the end of the season they still seem to have enough in them to go again next season, I am sure we will offer new deals. We then may or may not keep them. Much will depend on how their bodies are coping and what wages they expect. If we do lose all (or more likely just some) of them, Evans isn't that big a deal as we have a billion players in that area - some are young and should be better by then.

Rodwell is a funny one. If he does well enough, we will either keep him or be priced out of his wages. Either way, centre halves aren't that expensive, and again we have a billion DMs.

Conway probably won't be offered another deal. Squad player at the moment, so probably not tough or pricey to replace (I'd go for a cheap, youthful gamble). Might have Chapman before then, if not, he could be available for just a tribunal fee.

That leaves the loanees, Palmer and Reed. Maybe signing them (Reed anyway) on perms will become possible if we want them, or even loaning them again. If not, just dip into the loan market again (also potentially an option for other areas remember).

The only thing I'd say is certain for replacing these guys (except a cheap Conway replacement) is that we WILL need to sign another striker. Even if we keep Graham on, it would surely be his last season, with his legs potentially going at any time, and a highly capable understudy would be paramout. Good strikers aren't cheap. If Brereton and/or Arma come along nicely enough this season though, we may only be looking at a cheapish gamble.

What you have left out is the dreaded but very feasible prospect of losing Dack in the summer. The money would help us source a replacement (and maybe fund other positions too), but the likelihood is our quality in that position would diminish.

To me, a nightmare scenario for rebuilding in the summer would be losing Graham, Mulgrew and Evans to bosmans, and having to sell Dack and maybe Raya if he has a great season. That would rip the whole spine from this team, front to back. Losing Lenihan may also be a risk.

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

This won't necessarily be such a huge or costly rebuilding job.

Whittingham, Gladwin and Caddis don't factor in. They are deadwood that never makes the squad, and if we are desparate enough with injuries to go there for bench spots briefly, I'm fine to use youth players. We should stop mentioning them in this context immediately, they simply don't need replacing.

Downing would be super easy to get to sign another deal if we decide we want him. If not, Wharton will be more experienced by then. Almost a non-issue again.

The big ones there are Graham, Mulgrew and Evans. If by the end of the season they still seem to have enough in them to go again next season, I am sure we will offer new deals. We then may or may not keep them. Much will depend on how their bodies are coping and what wages they expect. If we do lose all (or more likely just some) of them, Evans isn't that big a deal as we have a billion players in that area - some are young and should be better by then.

Rodwell is a funny one. If he does well enough, we will either keep him or be priced out of his wages. Either way, centre halves aren't that expensive, and again we have a billion DMs.

Conway probably won't be offered another deal. Squad player at the moment, so probably not tough or pricey to replace (I'd go for a cheap, youthful gamble). Might have Chapman before then, if not, he could be available for just a tribunal fee.

That leaves the loanees, Palmer and Reed. Maybe signing them (Reed anyway) on perms will become possible if we want them, or even loaning them again. If not, just dip into the loan market again (also potentially an option for other areas remember).

The only thing I'd say is certain for replacing these guys (except a cheap Conway replacement) is that we WILL need to sign another striker. Even if we keep Graham on, it would surely be his last season, with his legs potentially going at any time, and a highly capable understudy would be paramout. Good strikers aren't cheap. If Brereton and/or Arma come along nicely enough this season though, we may only be looking at a cheapish gamble.

What you have left out is the dreaded but very feasible prospect of losing Dack in the summer. The money would help us source a replacement (and maybe fund other positions too), but the likelihood is our quality in that position would diminish.

To me, a nightmare scenario for rebuilding in the summer would be losing Graham, Mulgrew and Evans to bosmans, and having to sell Dack and maybe Raya if he has a great season. That would rip the whole spine from this team, front to back. Losing Lenihan may also be a risk.

The only worry we should have on Dack is if a Premier League club comes in strong for him. For that to happen he would have to have an excellent season in the Championship. Even then it isn't very often these days that players in the Championship get picked up by Premier League clubs unless they have excelled consistently for a long time.

We'd be no different to any other Championship club in that situation - we would probably have to sell him or offer him a mega deal to try and get him to stay here. That's life and I would have no complaints if he ended up being sold to a top flight club provided we got a decent fee and REINVESTED the proceeds. We'd probably be looking at the likes of Bournemouth on that as they seem to like going for promising British players.

If we're in the business of selling our star players to Championship rivals then no doubt there would be a collection of clubs queuing up to try and get him and that's where the anger develops as we don't need to do that.

Fortunately at the moment we don't seem to be in the business of inviting interest as we were a couple of years ago. So long as we get the message out that he isn't for sale to Championship clubs then the majority will understand that message and won't waste their time trying. When we do like we did with Cairney, Rhodes and Hanley and openly invite bids and are seen to be willing to discuss it then all sorts of clubs will chuck bids in to try and get deals done and it becomes a snowball effect.

Depends how serious we are on keeping them. Make your better players feel wanted and resist interest fiercely and that's half the job done. Invite interest and start selling and it encourages more.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I know one member of this very forum, who actually got to speak to Balaji at Wigan, asking him how SK was still in a job.

If rumours are true members of their crew were accosted before the game outside and in the corridors of the DW along with the obvious unrest in the away end which prompted them to flee at half time. But of course they didn't know all was unwell !!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If rumours are true members of their crew were accosted before the game outside and in the corridors of the DW along with the obvious unrest in the away end which prompted them to flee at half time. But of course they didn't know all was unwell !!!

Exactly.

I guess that was my point. Arrogant refusal to listen and denial.

Throw in a potion of secrecy and there we go etc.

The whole idea of "wrongly advised" victims, being merely "acted upon" by evil others just doesn't wash...imo

• Like 1

Someone, somewhere must have told them how to run a football club and they listened. Since Mowbray came in, things have been sort of normal. No more parallel board structures fighting each other, agents employing their children or 5th rate TV pundits signing Portuguese bus drivers to play. After 7 years of madness it is very strange.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Someone, somewhere must have told them how to run a football club and they listened. Since Mowbray came in, things have been sort of normal. No more parallel board structures fighting each other, agents employing their children or 5th rate TV pundits signing Portuguese bus drivers to play. After 7 years of madness it is very strange.

Strange, indeed. Enjoying being a Rovers fan again. But I do feel a bit uneasy..

Waters are calm, ....but a shark attack could be imminent..waiting for that music!

• Like 2

Loving it, I mean 9 points in 5 games in a higher division is a good start. It could've been better too, (Ipswich away could've been easily 2-1). In perspective, how long did it take us to get our first win in 'unspeakable' 2016/2017 season?

Yeah, I feel uneasy too..almost like it's all too good to be true.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Strange, indeed. Enjoying being a Rovers fan again. But I do feel a bit uneasy..

Waters are calm, ....but a shark attack could be imminent..waiting for that music!

I really relate to that. Feeling happier and excited about Rovers for the first time in years.

But can't help keep looking over my shoulder!

Aslong as things are going well on the pitch, nobody cares about any horrible things, or wrong doings that the owners are doing/have done behind the scenes.

That is the way it is, and always will be with 99% of football fans up and down the land.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

what did he say in response?

Nothing meaningful, I don't think. From memory, I think  minders ushered him away before there was any proper dialogue.

Anyway, Balaji (and the others) could not have failed to register extreme dissatisfaction from at least one sensible supporter to go with all the anger from  the away fans in the stand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Like going to a gym in Liverpool. You might enjoy it, feel good and healthy, but then you start wondering if the purple Aki is going to turn up and bum you.

Thankfully I don't live in Liverpool. Or go to a gym.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

For the accountants among us.  What do you think the implications are of the crashing Rupee?

Good they’ll export more into the new markets. 

If the debt is in rupees via SBOI surely a drop too.

Edited by Scotland1