BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venkys - Welcome or Not?

Venkys - Welcome or unwelcome?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If Venkys apologised and stated that they would attend the next home game, how would you feel?

• Hostile towards them
    • Willing to forgive and draw a line
    • Wouldnt care at all

33 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Good they’ll export more into the new markets. 

If the debt is in rupees via SBOI surely a drop too.

Thanks, I understand what you are saying.  My initial worry is that their subsidiary, Venkys London Ltd. the debt will be in Stirling in which case the debt when converted to Rupees will have increased significantly virtually overnight.  If debt is in Rupees then all well and good because it will have reduced overnight.

just a little worried as this is Venkys?

1 hour ago, Scotland1 said:

Spent 10 millionon fees alone, retained players, turned down Dack bids. Wage bill surely risen I’d say this is the best window under there tenure. 

Credit to where it’s due, venkys have backed TM and the club.

If they have turned down 15 million for Dack I think we really should respect them for supporting the manager and indeed the club. 750k to 15 million quid with add ons is a very tempting offer. There is no guarantee that form may not dip or injuries happen. That is a risky decision and they should be applauded for taking it. I hope he continues to play like a 15 million pound player. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

If they have turned down 15 million for Dack I think we really should respect them for supporting the manager and indeed the club. 750k to 15 million quid with add ons is a very tempting offer. There is no guarantee that form may not dip or injuries happen. That is a risky decision and they should be applauded for taking it. I hope he continues to play like a 15 million pound player. 

On the money (no pun intended).

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Idiot Walker family part 67 -

In The Times this morning, Watford owner turns down £125 million for 36% stake - that values the club at £350 million.

That’s Watford, average Premier League crowd of 20,000.

It would be interesting to see how the average value of PL clubs has increased year on year since 2010. I suspect it’s rather a lot!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In The Times this morning, Watford owner turns down £125 million for 36% stake - that values the club at £350 million.

Yep, it was definitely lose-lose for them and Rovers. They’d never admit it though.

You have to say Idiot Rao family too though. All the money they threw away that has now become our debt could have been profit plus they’d have had kudos to go with it, as well as the exposure to their Venkys brand.

The Walker family idiocy so them walk away with a pot of cash. Yes, they could have got a bigger pot by staying but the Rao family didn’t result in any pot of cash at all.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

When are we welcoming them back to Ewood? Will it ever happen...?

They can come and go anytime they want their name is over the door and they have done in the past during some of the most tense and poisonous times. I don't buy for one min they've stayed away because of fan reaction themselves it's all about publicity with them. They managed to sneak over to meet the Queen but didn't stay for a game at Ewood a few days later, no one would've known they were there if that's the way they wanted it so I think that says it all.

As does the fact that noises are being made to see if they'll get something like a warm welcome now, all for publicity back home etc. They've a way to go before that happens if it ever does and that's not me being bitter it's just the way it is it's what they've created.

First point still stands though they are free to attend whenever they please........

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

If "The Plan" is to get us back in the Premiership and then sell the club, then selling him at this point,whatever the fee, would be counter-intuitive.

I'm optimistic! 

• Like 1

On 31/08/2018 at 00:09, Norbert Rassragr said:

Like going to a gym in Liverpool. You might enjoy it, feel good and healthy, but then you start wondering if the purple Aki is going to turn up and bum you.

Thankfully I don't live in Liverpool. Or go to a gym.

Haha..Says it all....but now I can't get that image out of my head!

On 01/09/2018 at 09:01, Mattyblue said:

The sale of Rovers for a knock down price was simply brainless by the Walker offspring.

It was given to them on a silver platter and they literally threw it away.

• Like 1

Seems they just wanted to stop any big drains on the Trust and maybe divi up sale proceeds. Strange seeing as the club wasn't actually draining anymore although at some point they'd have had to start underwriting losses again. Even a decent plan regarding the ever increasing TV money probably wouldn't have been enough if they were all squabbling for a share of the pot.