SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

First League game at Bradford for nearly 30 years and we'll have around 1200 there.

Was fairly obvious that these 'take overs' of away grounds would not be happening unless we were storming the league .

I believe we sold 1200 by last Friday so we should have a few more than that going.

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why play Feeney? When we got Chapman, Gladwin,.Bennett and Conway who are better than his. 

Chapman and Gladwin with their skills and pace would cause problems for them. 

I think Feeney wont be Rovers player come September

Feeney has pace. I've never properly seen Chapman play and neither have you so I'm not sure how you can say he's better than Feeney... from what I've seen so far of Gladwin, he's far from pacey.

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

First League game at Bradford for nearly 30 years and we'll have around 1200 there.

You have freaked me out there. I can't believe it is 16 years + since Bradford were in the Premier League and it is going on 30 since our last league meeting.  

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why play Feeney? When we got Chapman, Gladwin,.Bennett and Conway who are better than his. 

Chapman and Gladwin with their skills and pace would cause problems for them. 

I think Feeney wont be Rovers player come September

I'll break my self imposed posting ban to agree with that. If Feeney wants a driver to take him to his next club I'll volunteer for free and provide the petrol.

12 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I believe we sold 1200 by last Friday so we should have a few more than that going.

Feeney has pace. I've never properly seen Chapman play and neither have you so I'm not sure how you can say he's better than Feeney... from what I've seen so far of Gladwin, he's far from pacey.

I'm better than Feeney!

54 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Was fairly obvious that these 'take overs' of away grounds would not be happening unless we were storming the league .

Bit of a farce if there is less at Bradford than down at Southend but typical Rovers after losing a few games :lol:

Sure the number will be 1500+ come the day.

1 hour ago, NinjaTattoo said:

1-1 for me, desperate for 3 pts but a draw will be a start.

Start of what? Start of false hope? Start of gangrene? Start of the beginning of the end? Start of eternal sunshine?

We're gash. We're gasher than gash. We're the gashest collection of gash gashers cobbled intoo a gash unco-ordinated incoherent team of gash hoofing unfit gash fat lads the world has ever seen. Today is bad, but tomorrow will be worse, our new motto.

We'll get turned over again.

I remember playing Bradford in the old division 2. They always seemed to beat us. This will be no different.

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We have to improve....1-1 :rolleyes:

https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/blackburn-rovers.53874/

https://claretandbanter.uk/threads/next-weeks-attendance.53869/

A few nuggets having a pop at our crowd on Saturday without knowledge of what the hell has really gone on at Ewood....clueless.

Yet again we have to mention them booing their team in a 0-0 draw at home to QPR in the championship in Dyche's early days and getting on his back, something he himself has often referred back to, gate 10k .

Then we look back to Laws time and the dogs abuse he and his team regularly got which was mentioned in the paper regularly. If they were in our position now having endured the last 7 years they'd struggle to get 7k on and they'd boo them on never mind off.

Ficklest lot in the country bar non !

Edit :  wrong thread.   Bradford not Burnley but similar delusion they've no room to crow being a city probably twice the size of Blackburn at least and doffing out adult season tickets at 150 quid each.

What would their crowds be without that ?  Similar to ours probably.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Yet again we have to mention them booing their team in a 0-0 draw at home to QPR in the championship in Dyche's early days and getting on his back, something he himself has often referred back to, gate 10k .

Then we look back to Laws time and the dogs abuse he and his team regularly got which was mentioned in the paper regularly. If they were in our position now having endured the last 7 years they'd struggle to get 7k on and they'd boo them on never mind off.

Ficklest lot in the country bar non !

Edit :  Seems it's Bradford not Burnley but similar delusion they've no room to crow being a city probably twice the size of Blackburn at least and doffing out adult season tickets at 150 quid each.

What would their crowds be without that ?  Similar to ours probably.

Funny thing is, with their average season ticket price of £149, and ours of say £300, we would bring in around £2.5million if we have shifted about 8500, Bradford with their 19,000 would bring in £2.83 million, so just shows how cheap their tickets are, selling 10,500 more but only bringing in an extra £281,000. Plus I bet we get more walk ons, so that will probably be even less. Granted they will make more on matchdays from food and drink.

However if our season tickets where that cheap, I reckon we would probably only have shifted an extra 1500 or so, that's why business wise it made sense for the club.

22 minutes ago, AAK said:

Funny thing is, with their average season ticket price of £149, and ours of say £300, we would bring in around £2.5million if we have shifted about 8500, Bradford with their 19,000 would bring in £2.83 million, so just shows how cheap their tickets are, selling 10,500 more but only bringing in an extra £281,000. Plus I bet we get more walk ons, so that will probably be even less. Granted they will make more on matchdays from food and drink.

However if our season tickets where that cheap, I reckon we would probably only have shifted an extra 1500 or so, that's why business wise it made sense for the club.

In the current climate your probably right altho us shifting 10 k plus season tickets in this league would still be a good effort even if they were cheap. Good will versus finance decision, every penny counts to the club now if not to the owners but every fan, as many as possible counts for more in the long run.

Let’s hope TM pick players in the right positions and gets more support to the lone striker.

Due to the lack of pace at CB I’d be interested in seeing Nyambe alongside Lenihan with Mulgrew at left back. I know Nyambe is lacking in positional sense but his speed and strength was very clear to see on Saturday. It’s got to be better than Ward wallowing around the pitch or Williams mis-kicking the ball every 5 minutes.

Smallwood needs to sit deep and protect the back four. Everyone else - ATTACK!

I predict we’ll win this one 1-2. TM learns his lesson and we go on a run of 10 games unbeaten :)

Given that Mowbray had a pre-season,got probably the biggest budget in the League,and is playing much weaker teams than last season,any one think he is worse than Coyle?

If he continues playing everyone out of position,imitating Pep Guardiola without that teams fitness and quality does a tub-thumping 0-5 defeat against Bradford seem reasonable?

The most positive thing I could take from Saturdays(non)performance was that at least most of his signings didnt even start(just 3 from 10 I think).

12 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Given that Mowbray had a pre-season,got probably the biggest budget in the League,and is playing much weaker teams than last season,any one think he is worse than Coyle?

The most positive thing I could take from Saturdays(non)performance was that at least most of his signings didnt even start(just 3 from 10 I think).

probaby has bad as Coyle...why not play his signings very strange that

17 minutes ago, McClarky said:

When was George Courtney's game at Bradford?  Remember the rumours going round before that he was referee and then the pure vitriol when he appeared. Never heard anything like it.

It must have been this one... https://www.11v11.com/matches/bradford-city-v-blackburn-rovers-14-april-1990-124142/

Be nice to win this convincingly and calm everyone down. We were absolutely terrible last Saturday let's hope the manager and to a lesser extent the players have learnt from it. I'm gonna stick my neck out and say we'll win this.

If won't don't win this and we get a hiding from that lot I worry about the reaction.

Archived