BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

For me bradford game we need to be efficient and not over complicate things. We have to go and get a result. I do think there has been a massive over reaction with regards to the two defeats. Not an ideal start but a season is not decided in two games and Sheffield United gained 1 point from their first 4 game last year and were absolutely hopeless. I think we need an efficient and experienced line up vs Bradford who know this division. I would start with....

------------------Raya-----------

Caddis--Lenihan/Wharton--Mulgrew--Williams

Chapman--Smallwood---Gladwin--Bennett

-------------------Dack-----------------------

-----------------Samuel-------------------------

Dack, Gladwin, Smallwood, Williams, Chapman all know and understand League One and these are the players we need to rely on. Especially as during pre season Smallwood, Gladwin, Dack linked up very well. Wharton needs to be given an eye if things don't improve Wharton is a no nonsense defender and I want someone who will clear the ball to row Z rather than constantly over complicate things in such a dangerous part of the pitch like Ward and Mulgrew. 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he plays 442 with Samuel & antossen upfront & antossen scores he will probably get some flack from the bantams with the Leeds connection, I predicted we would beat Doncaster so I'm now predicting we will beat Bradford. 0-1 law of averages we have to win 1 in the league at some time.

13 minutes ago, A cup of beans said:

Was gonna go, but the ex is still living in Bradford. ?

The combination of bathing in booze, coupled with the likeliest defeats might have tipped me over the edge and I'd likely have ended up on her doorstep. ?

What better way to celebrate a victory than a guaranteed .... :D

This is my team for Bradford:

-------------Raya-------------

-Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew-

Bennett---------------Conway

-------Evans Smallwood------

--------------Dack-------------

--Antonsson------Samuel--

I'll stick with Raya for now, but any more balls up like Doncaster will result in the other lad getting a go.

Nyambe played well on Sat,  he could have done better for the 3rd but I think he was amazed at what Raya had just done. He has pace which can get him out of trouble. I have no problems with him lamping it up the pitch if he has too. If he could head the ball he would be a wonderkid.

Sounds as though Lenihan missed Doncaster as a precaution. Would have him back in the heart of the defense. Hope he improves upon his Southend performance.

If we had another competent centre half I would have Mulgrew at left back in a back 4. Until then he will slot into the back three. He also must improve. 

Bennett should be playing right wing back. He would fit in there perfectly. Obviously will have to help out Nyambe defensively, but will see plenty of the ball out there, and is a good crosser. Give him a go, better than Caddis surely. Has played there before I recall.

On the other flank I put Craig Conway out there for now, as he will have the work rate to get up and down the line, would give him 65/70 mins there and see what he can do. Again a wide player with crossing ability might be useful. 

Evans and Smallwood in the middle of the park, have Smallwood sitting deep covering the back three and the wing back spots. Tell him to kick as many people as he can. Evans can play box to box and will get involved with Dack.

Please start Dack in his preferred role, if he had started on Sat I think he would have made a big difference. Needs to get on the ball as much as possible. 

Samuel looked good when he came on at the weekend and scored a nice goal. He looks to have pace and strength. Looked much more comfortable playing a number 9 role on Sat.

Put Antonsson in here as I assume the guy is good judging by the comments from folk. Seems to be a finisher, put also has a bit of pace. 

------------------------------------

Graham is going to take a seat on the bench along with Whittingham. Maybe the wrong league for them, but both useful off the bench. Williams too, just not good enough the last two games

I am stuck on Gladwin and Chapman. I don't know how they fit into the system, both are clearly talented players. Feeney offers pace on the counter attack which would be helpful. Nuttall will be knocking on Tony's door soon too.

I think we will draw this one, but look markedly better. Tony will keep his system in place for a few games.

5 hours ago, skous18 said:

id love to see

raya

caddis lenihan mulgrew williams

bennet evans gladwin dack

graham samuel

bring on the conway, chapman and whitinham/smallwood second half

id start conway every single game if 100% fit.  really rate the guy

Agree on Conway, didnt have the best of seasons last year but is a model pro. Excellent delivery usually and grabs the odd wonder goal as well. With two up top - he has to play.

Based on his interviews following the Doncaster defeat, It doesn't seem likely that Mowbray is going to change the style/formations for this game.

So it will most likely be another back 3 with wing backs.

I'm not convinced that a back 3 is the way to go but we shall have to see if Mowbray is able to get it to work, again i'm not convinced he can.

Someone mentioned earlier a match at Bradford following the 88/89 near promotion involving one George Courtney:

I went and it was hilarious. It was a few months after the Palace debacle and the first time he referred us since he cost us promotion.

His entrance onto the pitch was met with an unbelievable level of hostility from probably a couple of thousand or so of us. He was clearly utterly bemused and I saw him approach the nearest Rovers player to enquire what was going on. That player happened to be Simon Garner and I watched as Garns obviously put him in the picture.

The abuse continued throughout. It was enjoyable to be honest as we had felt so badly cheated the previous year. 

I always thought he awarded us a dubious penalty that day; in fact I am sure he did but a check in my history book shows we won to an own goal. Perhaps we missed the penalty. 

Just now, broadsword said:

hE AWARDED US 3 AT HOME TO bRIGHTON IN THE ROMOTION SEASON, PLUS SENT THE GOALIE OFF.

Perhaps that's what I am thinking of. I was in my late teens, early 20s in those days and my memory of those times is blurred by a huge lager intake on match days.

As an example of this, I drank so much on the Wembley promotion trip under Kenny that, until recently I swore blind that the match went to extra time and penalties!!!

Archived