Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

http://audioboom.com/posts/6213938-

Mowbray saying that there was nothing wrong with the formation against Doncaster, it was because we didn't run in behind their defence... what did you expect when you played Graham, Bennett and Whittingham as your most attacking players you F-ing halfwit! He also said that we played 3 up front, did we? I didn't see it. 

It pains me to say it, but the sooner this man goes the better.

When the manager starts lying - 3 up front is no positive spin but pure fantasy - I really start to worry about their intentions and lose respect for them. Is TM speaking towards Venkys already? Not sure I could stand another set of interviews which are basically PR to Pune...

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

When the manager starts lying - 3 up front is no positive spin but pure fantasy - I really start to worry about their intentions and lose respect for them. Is TM speaking towards Venkys already? Not sure I could stand another set of interviews which are basically PR to Pune...

When someone says to me 3 up front and 2 in behind, its pure fantasy

So Lenihan is injured and Mowbray is unsure whether Wharton is ready for first team football so that leaves us with Mulgrew and Ward as our only centre halfs?Yet at the moment he is favouring 3 at the back.We are crying out for a proper central defender yet we haven't been linked with one all summer.Even in his soundbites he has only talked about recruiting in midfield and the forward line,we will not get anywhere near promotion unless we bring someone in at the back.I do want Mowbray to succeed and I definitely won't be putting him in the same bracket as Coyle and Kean but listening to that has me even more worried. 

8 hours ago, Blue blood said:

What on earth are you on about?

Are you trying to imply we did play 3 up front? That's simply not credible.

Think what Sid James was famous for and try again.

Maybe you are too young.

Even  if he believes he had set them up to play with 3 as a forward unit that doesn't explain why he picked personnel incapable of playing such a system. Out of Whittingham, Graham and Bennett who was he expecting to win aerial challenges, who was there to play of knock downs? Which one of those 3 speed challenged players was he expecting to run the channels, who was going to beat a man? 

If he had started with Samuel or Dack it would stack up but aiming to play with a front 3 that has no pace whatsoever is foolhardy at best, especially when you throw in 2 defensive midfielders and 2 full back shoehorned into wing back positions.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15480481._We_have_to_find_more_of_a_competitive_edge____Tony_Mowbray_wants_Rovers_to_show_more_steel/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

“It will be very tough against a team who have won their opening two games, a team who have been in the play-offs the last two years and will be at the top end of League One again this season I’m sure,” Mowbray added. "It’s a very intimidating place to go. In the league they’re unbeaten at home in a long, long time so what kind of game am I expecting? A really tough one against a team who will be coming for us, looking to play on the front foot and play forward.”

After reading that I'm expecting the players to be 5-0 down at half-time and the players too scared to come back out. Tony is very inspiring.

• Moderation Lead

All the above comes back to worrying too much about what the opposition are can do, instead of focusing on what we can do.

Get into 'em (sorry) and get on the front foot early days!

Bowyer all over again with those comments from timid Tony but hopefully behind the scenes he's saying get at that back line there's a potential weakness there. Play like they did on Sat and Killa even at this stage will have Graham in his pocket, look to give them the run around.

I've been a fan of Mowbray but the way he is talking up opposition galls somewhat, this is Bradford for Christ's sake. We should be the ones looking to be positive, get out there and take it to teams. Get the ball down, play with pace and purpose. I've watched a lot of league 1 & 2 football over the years due to my old mans job and yeah there are a lot of tippy tappy nicey nicey footballers knocking around the lower leagues these days but the teams that consistently win the leagues and are promoted are the best organised and who generally play with two up top. Football is a very simple game made difficult by stupid people. Build a strong spine with pace and width in attacking areas and you will do well in league 1, it really is that simple.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15480481._We_have_to_find_more_of_a_competitive_edge____Tony_Mowbray_wants_Rovers_to_show_more_steel/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

“It will be very tough against a team who have won their opening two games, a team who have been in the play-offs the last two years and will be at the top end of League One again this season I’m sure,” Mowbray added. "It’s a very intimidating place to go. In the league they’re unbeaten at home in a long, long time so what kind of game am I expecting? A really tough one against a team who will be coming for us, looking to play on the front foot and play forward.”

After reading that I'm expecting the players to be 5-0 down at half-time and the players too scared to come back out. Tony is very inspiring.

I take this and counter you these comments from TM

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15480481._We_have_to_find_more_of_a_competitive_edge____Tony_Mowbray_wants_Rovers_to_show_more_steel/?ref=mac

“We have to find more of a competitive edge – I think there was a feeling of almost ‘we’ve got good players here and we can just turn up and win games’ and you can’t ever do that at any level of football,” Mowbray said.

“You have to compete and apply your talent and moving forward I’m pretty sure that while I can’t guarantee we’re going to win every game, I can guarantee that we are going to give everything we’ve got physically to get the results.

“As I’ve tried to stress from day one we have to compete with the other teams in League One first and foremost and hopefully the talent on show can help win us the game.

“Teams at this level work really hard, put 100 per cent in to every game and we have to make sure that we match that and more, we should be looking to put down markers in games to never physically be found wanting.

“If we get beat then it’s because of a mistake or someone having an off day, but never having to break down a game and think ‘did the opposition want it more and work harder than us on any given day?’

“Moving forward hopefully we can find the right balance that can get us the results.”

• Moderation Lead

'I can guarantee that we are going to give everything we’ve got physically to get the results. '

I look forward to that Tony as that was absent on Saturday....

55 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

'I can guarantee that we are going to give everything we’ve got physically to get the results. '

I look forward to that Tony as that was absent on Saturday....

45 minutes ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

And the Saturday before..

in fairness to mowbray he has been saying this from pre-season. Unfortunately the players don't seem willing 

4 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

That's one of the worrying parts, he keeps repeating, why hasn't he been able to get the message across?

It comes back to the core of the club I.e Venkys 

Venkys don't care about the club, and that attitude runs down from the top.

Until they leave it is just going to be a gravy train for people going through the motions.

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Not been called young in a long time!

Sadly don't think that applies. Perhaps we can go for innocent instead? 

:lol: Will have to start calling you 'Pure blood'.

Archived