BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

I don't necessarily agree with the idea the players weren't trying on Saturday, especially in the first half. I think we were so blunted by the lack of pace and dymnamism in the opponents half that no amount of effort would have seen us score whilst playing that system. For instance, Caddis and Williams both put in a lot of effort getting up and down the flanks, however neither made any impact due to lacking the requisite skills to be effective in the wing back role.

The only player who stood out as not particularly trying was Ward, he was complacent to the point of nonchalance, which ultimately led to the mistake for their opening goal.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

It comes back to the core of the club I.e Venkys 

Venkys don't care about the club, and that attitude runs down from the top.

Until they leave it is just going to be a gravy train for people going through the motions.

Whilst that is true I still think it let's off the manager and the players too easily.

I don't think the system or formation is the problem, but rather that Mowbray hasn't been able to get a hierarchy and a first 11 into place after the summer squad overhaul. Currently, injuries more or less make the wing backs and central defenders pick themselves, but he needs to decide what our strongest combination in central midfield and attack is, get it right, and do it quickly. 

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

It comes back to the core of the club I.e Venkys 

Venkys don't care about the club, and that attitude runs down from the top.

Until they leave it is just going to be a gravy train for people going through the motions.

Totally agree with this. There's no accountability at the top. Ridiculous decisions such as the appointment of Coyle and who carrys the can? Nobody.

Without wanting to repeat what many others have already said, the start of the season has been an absolute disaster. It's been the lack of desire and fight that's been the worst thing imo.

Then you see this... https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/its-a-long-season---caddis/  Look at the state of him. It's embarrassing. As meadows points out on twitter he looks like he could be from a fans XI end of season game at Ewood.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

'I can guarantee that we are going to give everything we’ve got physically to get the results. '

I look forward to that Tony as that was absent on Saturday....

Phoney Tony Sheron's lapdog.

3 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Totally agree with this. There's no accountability at the top. Ridiculous decisions such as the appointment of Coyle and who carrys the can? Nobody.

Without wanting to repeat what many others have already said, the start of the season has been an absolute disaster. It's been the lack of desire and fight that's been the worst thing imo.

Then you see this... https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/its-a-long-season---caddis/  Look at the state of him. It's embarrassing. As meadows points out on twitter he looks like he could be from a fans XI end of season game at Ewood.

Bad owners appoint bad managers, bad managers are unable to instil organisation, fight and desire in the most expensive squad in the division. Bad owners appointing a good manager might have a different outcome. But then would bad owners appoint a good manager? If they took advice from the right people then probably yes. The Rovers job is still a good one, especially at this level. Mowbray, unfortunately, looks like another bad 'un

I would play:

Raya

Bennett Ward Mulgrew Williams

Feeney Smallwood Evans Gladwin

Dack

Samuel

About the strongest XI we could put out I think (maybe Nyambe for Ward?), that backline is very poor, it needs reinforcements fast.

5 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I would play:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

About the strongest XI we could put out I think (maybe Nyambe for Ward?), that backline is very poor, it needs reinforcements fast.

Think I would rather have Nyambe along side Mulgrew.  Some pace at least.  Bennett a good shout at RB

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

I would play:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

We need 2 upfront. 1 upfront has been the biggest downfall.

I'd like to see Bennett given a game at right back. I think he would be a lot  more mobile than Caddis whilst alot more experienced than nyambe and more of an attacking threat. He's played their before and no one can ever question his effort and work rate especially with the attacking options we have available to us at the present and the limited defensive options. Plus he is a leader or the closest thing to one we have and would organise the back four better than nyambe could at this stage in his career

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

I would play:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

We need 2 upfront. 1 upfront has been the biggest downfall.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I'd like to see Bennett given a game at right back. I think he would be a lot  more mobile than Caddis whilst alot more experienced than nyambe and more of an attacking threat. He's played their before and no one can ever question his effort and work rate especially with the attacking options we have available to us at the present and the limited defensive options. Plus he is a leader or the closest thing to one we have and would organise the back four better than nyambe could at this stage in his career

As much as we all like Bennett, I just don't think he's got the physical build for this league, nor that position. I've been to every game so far, and he's been constantly outmuscled and outpaced. In midfield, the loss of a ball can be dealt with further back. Shifting him to right back would make him a scapegoat in my eyes, which I feel would be unfair as he comes across as one of the few players who genuinely care about us right now.

As blunt as it sounds, he's starting to remind me of Chris Brown- tries bloody hard, but just isn't up to it. He seems a shadow of what he was like last year. Having said that, Tony's God awful formations really haven't given the guy a chance though! I'd be giving someone from the youth set up a run out. 

Finally, you talk about organisation, but that really is/ should be Mulgrew's job. 

Bennett was a first teamer in league one under Lambert in Norwich promotion winning season. He can perform in this league.

Been saying all week he should play at RB. We don't have one single decent full back in the first team. Bennett is perfect for full back hard working, will get forward and track back, is very good at tracking with the attackers and has a solid tackle. Also will get forward and put in some good crosses. 

17 minutes ago, AAK said:

Bennett was a first teamer in league one under Lambert in Norwich promotion winning season. He can perform in this league.

Been saying all week he should play at RB. We don't have one single decent full back in the first team. Bennett is perfect for full back hard working, will get forward and track back, is very good at tracking with the attackers and has a solid tackle. Also will get forward and put in some good crosses. 

What he said

2 hours ago, AAK said:

So why the hell does Mowbray put Caddis at wing back instead?? 

Really looking forward to the team sheet tomorrow. Think Mowbray will keep the system but will make a fair few changes in personnel.

This is a really tough fixture which will once again test the mettle of our players. A tight ground, intimidating atmosphere, opponents playing with intensity and passion. If we don't match that intensity and passion we will be hung out to dry. Mowbray needs to understand that simplicity is key in this league and the smart arse, clever nonsense we have had to endure so far needs to be parked and go back to solidity and no frills football.

Do I think that will happen? A big no and that is why I am not expecting anything apart from another afternoon of frustration.

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This is a really tough fixture which will once again test the mettle of our players. A tight ground, intimidating atmosphere, opponents playing with intensity and passion. If we don't match that intensity and passion we will be hung out to dry. Mowbray needs to understand that simplicity is key in this league and the smart arse, clever nonsense we have had to endure so far needs to be parked and go back to solidity and no frills football.

Do I think that will happen? A big no and that is why I am not expecting anything apart from another afternoon of frustration.

Well in many ways this is a good chance for TM to demonstrate his ability either to change based on feedback, or to prove his 'vision' for a football-led approach to esscaping the realities of life in League 1. To be honest I'm with Arbitro on this and fully expect another experimental and ineffective approach to pay the expected negative dividend. As the old saying goes, "if you keep on doing what you're doing, you'll continue to get the results that you're getting' or words to that effect.

Time, maybe, to wake up, take stock and adapt to the conditions in front of us, not the imaginary scenario that seems to be the club's grasp on reality at the moment.

Venkys out! Backwards stawt.

13 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Well in many ways this is a good chance for TM to demonstrate his ability either to change based on feedback, or to prove his 'vision' for a football-led approach to esscaping the realities of life in League 1. To be honest I'm with Arbitro on this and fully expect another experimental and ineffective approach to pay the expected negative dividend. As the old saying goes, "if you keep on doing what you're doing, you'll continue to get the results that you're getting' or words to that effect.

Time, maybe, to wake up, take stock and adapt to the conditions in front of us, not the imaginary scenario that seems to be the club's grasp on reality at the moment.

Venkys out! Backwards stawt.

An interesting game at Burton last night where Birmingham went in 1-0 at the break having pretty much dominated the match. Burton played a system with three defenders in the first half but Clough dispensed with this and went to a simple 4-4-2. Burton were excellent in the second half and played with pace and intensity that Birmingham couldn't match. Burton won 2-1.

My point is that Clough swallowed his pride and realised his mistake by changing the formation which resulted in three points rather than none. I really don't think that Mowbray would do something similar which is worrying me.

Archived