BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better starting 11 than last week. A back four and far more pace and creativity up top than last week. Good to see Conway back but I think Bennett is lucky to keep his place, I'd have started with Gladwin. Feeney on his way out probably, not in the squad today. 

Expecting three points. 

No Nyambe today. I think JAL's kidnapped him.

After 3 matches he's finally picked a team that looks, on paper, coherent and organised. A bit of pace up front, players in their correct positions and with some width. However,  that defence looks slower than your average Dingle.

Let's hope TM (Tactical Magician) has got it right for once.

Glad Samual got the nod over Graham and Whittingham has been dropped. Those two have been the biggest disappointments (apart from Ward) for me so far. Ward staying in is worrying though - but i guess we dont have much choice other than sticking Wharton back there.

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why Dack wide when he is a number 10 player? 

Smallwood needs to play as he is the ball winning midfielder you need. Must play

That wasn't mum preference

and I wanted 442

if whittingham cant play in a two in midfield then he shouldn't have been signed 

happy enough with the line up though

I'm here though and I haven't seen us win in years so...

Much better looking side, although Ward in defence worries me after last week's performance.

Gladwin will be disappointed not to get a start, as he looked quite lively when he came on last week. Wouldn't be surprised to see him come on and grab a goal tonight!

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

That wasn't mum preference

and I wanted 442

if whittingham cant play in a two in midfield then he shouldn't have been signed 

happy enough with the line up though

I'm here though and I haven't seen us win in years so...

Hope you finally get to see a win. :rover:

Be interesting to see if he plays Bennett and Conway as orthodox wide-midfielders/wingers or if they tuck in narrow-ish like Mowbray likes to play his 4-2-3-1. If so we could see another Southend performance where our full-backs are exposed because the wide men don't protect them.

Mowbray is under pressure today and it's largely his own doing.

8 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

I come home every summer and including preseason games it's about 15 now

Well at least the weather here won't get you down.Imagine those coming back here from sunshine states.

I can't believe how @#/? August has been - it's rained every single day (at some stage) for 3 weeks. And this is summer???!?!? No wonder everyone looks so miserable . . . winter is here!

Archived