SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

After the game, Mowbray got everyone to the middle of the pitch. Not a pretty performance in the last 15 mins, but i will take the 3 points.

cuddle.jpg

'Right lads, sorry for @#/? it up for the last two weeks. I'm not Pep and you lot weren't raised at La Masia. I've spoken to some fans on BRFCS and they've put me right. I dedicate this victory to them. Oh, and don't let Bradley out.'

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Massive win when we needed it, finally something to try and build upon with a couple of home games coming up 

Surprised that Antonsson came on before Graham 

I'm not. Graham has looked poor and disinterested from what I've seen of him. He needs the ball on the tart's line these days. Not given up on him yet though. He just needs a bit more effort.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Brilliant result which shows we can be a force in this division. These lost in the play off final last year and were undefeated at home. To go there and win is a huge statement. 

For those at the game, how did Ward play today? 

Did Dacks injury look serious? 

Man of the match? 

MOM for me was probably Mulgrew. Other candidates were Ward, Smallwood, Samuel.

Just now, MGPensioner said:

sounded like Ward was a total liability

From where have you heard that? He did his job today, no complaints, and what I did notice today is that he is quite good on the ball

Just now, AAK said:

From where have you heard that? He did his job today, no complaints, and what I did notice today is that he is quite good on the ball

During the last 10 minutes on radio lancs it sounded like he was giving the ball away or giving fouls away all the time. Not sure if that's true but that's the impression they were giving.

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

MOM for me was probably Mulgrew. Other candidates were Ward, Smallwood, Samuel.

Why did you pick Mulgrew?

How does he appear to be taking to being captain? 

Smalwood seems like a reliable sort. Never spectacular but like a solid 7 every game. Great addition. Is he better than Lowe in your opinion?

45 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

I am tempted but for 100 quid I don't want every Saturday to end in tears. I can do stuff while I am carrying my phone around. I probably will bite the bullet once we are top 5 and I can't prune my hybrid teas anymore.?

Surely the price will go down as the season progresses? 3 games have already gone bye bye . . .

5 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

correct

hearts in mouth time listening

Think it may have sounded worse than it actually looked, even though Bradford were putting us under pressure getting it up field as quickly as possible they were restricted to out of box shots , running into brick walls , we had plenty of men behind the ball.

One thing that stood out today was taking advantage of the bad referees in this league, something we didn't do in the previous two games

We've arrived! The team on paper looked far more balanced today and that proved to be the case. A cracking result to go a side that haven't lost at home on 17 months and win fairly comfortably. Conway makes a huge difference when he plays, no surprise he was involved in the goal. Smallwood is looking like our key player, the type of player we've been missing for quite some time. 

Still don't think our attacking play has quite clicked yet but I have no doubt it will. We have a goal scorer in Samuel which is vital at any level. And I still think Danny Graham will bang in the goals when he gets going. 

Much better today, much more positive.

30 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I thought the formation was looked more of a 4-4-1-1 for those interested

That's the way I saw it too.

We played a but higher up the pitch, and quite a bit more in your face.  The formation was simpler and gave us more width, which I think was a crucial difference.

Ward may have made a couple of mistakes and could be a bit tougher but he made at least one very good tackle.

The back four seemed more comfortable and Bradford didn't have any clear cut chances ( that I could see from my seat at least ).

Dack did well and he was almost up along side Samuel at times, speaking of our lone striker I thought he did quite well, he battled more the Graham had done in the previous game and held the ball up a bit better.

Cory Evans, one pretty terrible ball apart, did well, controlled the game better and showed a good touch on occasion.

Antonsson ran about reasonably well and even managed to hold the ball up a couple of times even though he doesn't look the strongest.

No one really stood out for me but on the whole it was a much better team performance, not amazing but good, we battled hard, played it simple and took our chance.

What a great feeling to get a win, and at a supposedly top side in this division.  We aren't a great team yet but I don't think you need to be in L1 team's might be physical but there's not a lot of quality around.

Walking away from the ground I heard a couple of Bradford fans saying we out fought them until the last 10-15 minutes.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why did you pick Mulgrew?

How does he appear to be taking to being captain? 

Smalwood seems like a reliable sort. Never spectacular but like a solid 7 every game. Great addition. Is he better than Lowe in your opinion?

Didn't give the ball away, rather choosing to lamp it when necessary. Won everything in the air and rarely troubled. Thought he strolled it. He gave Gladwin a bloody bollocking for needlessly losing the ball at one point. Finally the captain in him has emerged. 

Smallwood is tough, very good in the air and decent on the ball. Twice the defensive midfielder that ol boy Jason is.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Biz said:

Laughing inside at all the armchair experts who think that Tony took their advice... 

Remember, you'd only get a job in football if you had SEM representation.

Truly buzzing again. Burnley lose, and we win. To the bar! 

You're not in a position to be moralising about anything lad, heard you're at a festival, in family camping (we both know you've no children) and were in bed for 11 last night! :P

P.S- what on earth are you doing on here while you're at a festival? To the bar indeed, hope I don't see you post on here until Monday earliest!!

Archived