BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradford City V Rovers

lraC

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Gladwin - I'll look out for him. Looks lazy and a fancy dan. 

He came on against Doncaster and looked quite good. Nearly curled one in the top corner from the edge of the box. Maybe not the player to being on when you're trying to defend a lead.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AndyNeil said:

I've been doing a blog since the Nottingham Forest game at the back end of last season.  Here are my thoughts on yesterday - any feedback, comment and opinion is very welcome :)

https://andyneil74.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/up-and-running/

thanks for the feedback and comments regarding my blog. I'm not a wordsmith (as you can probably tell) but I enjoy writing it and the support, feedback and suggestions that I receive with hopefully help me improve as the season goes by. :)

5 hours ago, Phil T said:

Away form is half the story. Our home form, on the same basis, is 1 win in 6. Or 2 losses in 6.

I think it's been like this for a while. We seem to get better results away from Ewood than we do in it. Dare I mention the fans anger at home?

Sure, I'm being miserable. I don't want to be. I want us to win. But Mowbray has to sort out this confidence and belief issue that we seem to have, particularly at home. That's got to happen if we want promotion. Hopefully he can do the job.

Not been to Ewood for a while? Anger was replaced by apathy a long time ago. The NAPM protestors took most of the noise with them - negative and positive.

39 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He came on against Doncaster and looked quite good. Nearly curled one in the top corner from the edge of the box. Maybe not the player to being on when you're trying to defend a lead.

He's got good feet, didn't play lazily (not on that long though) but contrary to what another poster said, he's a big lad and I think he could use his size better, he also could be a threat in the air coming in at the back post.

Personally I thought most played quite well but nobody was 8 or 9 out of ten, it was more of a solid team effort and we had the slight edge in quality to win it.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Thought he was doing a reasonable job aside from that 1 total **** up. Held the ball in the corner well on the left towards the end and looked like he could also be a useful deputy to Dack or Bennett. 

40 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not been to Ewood for a while? Anger was replaced by apathy a long time ago. The NAPM protestors took most of the noise with them - negative and positive.

Have you packed in going then Stuart?

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Dack was bright like i said but there was no real end product. Gladwin came on to do a job rather than anything else.

Thought our best attacking player was arguably Conway, mainly based on the cross for the goal.

We ground out the win and everyone seemed to know what they where doing in order to be organised and hard to beat.

That said, there was no real movement or ideas going forward, hence the lack of clear cut chances.

That's virtually what Gallagher said about the game on radio lancs.

14 hours ago, klc_2012 said:

Yesterday was what i expected against Southend - hard work, occasional glimpse of championship quality and a little more no thrills defending.

Thought Ward did fine, Samuel much better than expected and can play the lone forward. Smallwood looks like the player we have needed and amazed to see Evans on the pitch and no yellow....

Mulgrew class and the rest look good and up for it plus like they could handle a full scale brawl!

Thought Antonsson looked a little light but far from slow (as previous posters suggested). 

I noticed that regarding antonsson looked light weight thought he actually lacked pace, I can remember when he hadn't been on for long a Bradford centrehalf both chasing back or forward whichever way he couldn't get a grip but resulted in a corner, might be OK for deft flicks in & around the box but no Powerhouse for sure. Can't fully judge off time given just first impressions.

• Backroom

I like the look of Dack, I imagine he's a very hot and cold player but looks quite tenacious and busy.

I think a huge positive from yesterday is a clean sheet, Raya and Ward in particular needed that after last week.

Smallwood appears to have the makings of a bit of a cult hero among away fans in particular 

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I noticed that regarding antonsson looked light weight thought he actually lacked pace, I can remember when he hadn't been on for long a Bradford centrehalf both chasing back or forward whichever way he couldn't get a grip but resulted in a corner, might be OK for deft flicks in & around the box but no Powerhouse for sure. Can't fully judge off time given just first impressions.

Sounds like a Niko Kalanic type 

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Offers potential and clearly has some ability.

His reaction to giving the ball away unnecessarily (before receiving a roasting from Mulgrew) spoke volumes. He knew he'd messed up. It's about experience and decision making (remember Gallagher vs PNE!).

1 hour ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

Offers potential and clearly has some ability.

His reaction to giving the ball away unnecessarily (before receiving a roasting from Mulgrew) spoke volumes. He knew he'd messed up. It's about experience and decision making (remember Gallagher vs PNE!).

There was another occasion when Mulgrew roasted Raya which pleased me. It was during the first half and Raya rushed one of his kicks which went straight out of play. Mulgrew turned to him, shouted something and then motioned for him to calm down.

It was good to see after the timid performances against Southend and Doncaster.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

There was another occasion when Mulgrew roasted Raya which pleased me. It was during the first half and Raya rushed one of his kicks which went straight out of play. Mulgrew turned to him, shouted something and then motioned for him to calm down.

It was good to see after the timid performances against Southend and Doncaster.

Didn't go on Sat. and good to hear they played for the shirt.

Great to hear that Mulgrew is showing some leadership. His 'presence' as captain was conspicuously lacking against Doncaster and left me wondering if TM had made the right choice in handing him the armband.

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I always though Kalinic looked like he had something about him. Very mobile and technically good, particularly his first touch if I remember correctly. Wasn't good enough in the air for Big Sam though

He was technically very poor in my opinion. Couldn't trap a bag of cement and wasn't strong enough. That's why he moved on. Nothing to do with his heading ability.

14 minutes ago, den said:

He was technically very poor in my opinion. Couldn't trap a bag of cement and wasn't strong enough. That's why he moved on. Nothing to do with his heading ability.

We must have been watching something different then. So you think he just became a serious player AFTER leaving, rather than not getting a proper chance here? 

41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We must have been watching something different then. So you think he just became a serious player AFTER leaving, rather than not getting a proper chance here? 

I don't know what he's like now, but I do know what he was like here. 

The free replacement we got in Yakutia was a far better player both physically and technically. 

Archived