BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

I'm glad Walters has confirmed why he left us (got kicked out by us).

Now it makes sense. I feel sorry for the lad and I'm glad he has been so successful in his career.

Sometimes things aint quite what they seem to be.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder was Graham rested for this game? Might be his type of game.

I feel Mowbray has a bit of a selection headache, which is great. Gladwin and Whittingham are pushing for starts now as well. Hopefully Dack is fit

I have a feeling this game will be tighter than our rivals are expecting..I would play a strong team

Raya

Nyambe-Ward-Mulgrew-Williams

Smallwood Evans

Conway -Dack -Gladwin

Samuel

I would consider starting Tomlinson and Graham. I have a feeling that Graham will feature, I'm not sure Tomlinson will. 

An amazing win at Chelsea, followed by a demoralising defeat at home against West Brom. "Why win at Chelsea if we're going to lose against West Brom?"

I wonder if we can catch them off balance.

I don't care as long as we give a good account of ourselves.

Head says that they are two divisions above us and will have the talent to make the difference.

It will be strange feeling for them to be the clear favourite's. Just hope the likes of Tomlinson and Nuttall are given the orders to get really stuck in and let them know they have been in a game.

A win is probably too much to hope for but at least a chance to get some pride back in the shirt. That is probably the most realistic objective at this stage.

The ginger dingle made 10 changes for their second round league cup game at Stanley last year. Wonder how he's going to play this.

I reckon he knows the score and will make sure that, despite the changes he will make, the starting xi will have plenty of first team experience.

Chris Wood will be eligible to play when he signs although I expect they will go Barnes / Walters up top.

Hoping someone can help here, i have purchased most of my away tickets online, mainly due to living a good 25 miles from Blackburn.

I am a season-ticket holder and after getting home from the Bradford match i ordered my Rochdale ticket online that went through, however, when it came to purchasing the Burnley one it said not available as i don't qualify, i know the game is Wednesday but in the past you have the option of picking up instead of being delivered ...could anyone shed any light on why ....

I would like to add that i do have a purchase History as i went to Coventry

Just now, den9112 said:

Hoping someone can help here, i have purchased most of my away tickets online, mainly due to living a good 25 miles from Blackburn.

I am a season-ticket holder and after getting home from the Bradford match i ordered my Rochdale ticket online that went through, however, when it came to purchasing the Burnley one it said not available as i don't qualify, i know the game is Wednesday but in the past you have the option of picking up instead of being delivered ...could anyone shed any light on why ....

the ticket sight is playing up

i normally buy 4 tickets and it wouldn't let me buy any....i rang the ticket office and bought them that way 

its no wonder tickets aren't selling if they haven't sorted it by now...i told them last wednesday on the phone and through twitter about it

• Backroom

I'd play as physical a team as we can:

Raya

Caddis Ward (preferably Lenihan) Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Tomlinson

Bennett      Gladwin      Conway

Samuel

(Would love to find room for Nuttall up front).

Looking very empty for this one is Ewood - Burnley sold out their 5,000 as well. 

Must be a maximum of 5,000 home tickets sold looking at the seating plan. Will be a few who buy next 2 days but could be a struggle for the home fans to make themselves heard.

ewood.png

ANotwithstanding we're playing Burnley this is as close as a free hit as we'll ever get against them with them  being (temporarily) two divisions above us.

All the pressures on them. If they win it's only to be expected. If we win it's a great result for us. It's not like We're playing Man City or Real Madrid and I hope for and expect an extremely competitive match.

Looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

meaningless game

cant afford injuries to key players like Mulgrew

we should play fringe players and treat as a pre-season to build match fitness and understanding 

only the league is important 

NAPM

Yep.  In the grand scheme of things this game matters not one jot.  We should not play anyone carrying the slightest knock.  At the end of the day we have zero chance of winning the trophy and we should concentrate on the league, that is far more important than playing our six fingered neighbors in a early round of a cup that we or them will not win.

Play some of our young lads, as it's them (can't say their name) and our youngsters will be up for it!

Just now, MGPensioner said:

meaningless game

cant afford injuries to key players like Mulgrew

we should play fringe players and treat as a pre-season to build match fitness and understanding 

only the league is important 

NAPM

I can see where you're coming from. We could have done without this game coming up just when we look like getting the show back on the road. 

Great game for all the Rovers staff and players to be involved in on home territory. We know our young lads are better than there young lads but their first team works harder than ours so here's to Burnley mix and matching and we 'get into them'. 

11 minutes ago, AAK said:

The amount of tickets sold is embarrassing

Looks like those who said the protestors and NAPM brigade would come crawling back if we ever got the dingles have been proved wrong.

Against Man Utd last year I knew a few casual fans that took their kids, and local football fans who went just because it was Man Utd. However all of the ex-season ticket holders I know who were absent due to the owners also gave that game a miss.

The problem is this time people don't want to take their kids to a Wednesday night insult-fest, and your local football day-tripper from Longridge, who flew down to see Mata and Zlatan, don't want to see Mee and Vokes.

I get the feeling that most fans didn't want this tie. I really don't think it's good for us.

Burnley being Premier League, kicking us while we're down, and 5,000 of those genetic accidents gloating for 90 minutes on our own patch... NAPM or not, I can see why fans might be giving this one a miss.

Since I've been a Rovers fan, this is the biggest gap in quality that we'll have ever played each other - depressingly, in Burnley's favour. I think most fans can see the writing on the wall, and it doesn't bear thinking about, let alone paying £22 for the privilege to watch the inevitable happen. Again.

I think this is a case of "close your eyes and make it through the week".

Archived