BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

30 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Looks like those who said the protestors and NAPM brigade would come crawling back if we ever got the dingles have been proved wrong.

Not sure how you deduce that? I've not decided if I'm going yet. It's extra expense I can't really afford after buying a season-ticket, plus I can't be arsed with the toxic atmosphere.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Not sure how you deduce that? I've not decided if I'm going yet. It's extra expense I can't really afford after buying a season-ticket, plus I can't be arsed with the toxic atmosphere.

I deduce it because they obviously  haven't bought tickets  looking at the amount sold.

I don't want too sit there alongside 5k rovers fans and watch us lose it would be too embarrassing, for those who've not bought tickets stop being selfish and leaving the few of us who have bought tickets to sit and suffer alone, buy tickets and suffer with us. The slim chance of us winning is worth buying a ticket alone. We're playing Burnley and league cup or not i wouldn't miss this game for anything.

All these NAPM excuses are getting out of hand. Back to back promotions and they will all come crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches. Should just be honest with yourselves and call it what it is. NIPaM ( not in prem any more) 

4 hours ago, Butty said:

I don't want too sit there alongside 5k rovers fans and watch us lose it would be too embarrassing, for those who've not bought tickets stop being selfish and leaving the few of us who have bought tickets to sit and suffer alone, buy tickets and suffer with us. The slim chance of us winning is worth buying a ticket alone. We're playing Burnley and league cup or not i wouldn't miss this game for anything.

Most fans are level headed about the likely outcome. But if you are still a season ticket holder/regular attendee at Ewood, personal finances and other immovable commitments elsewhere aside, I fail to understand why you wouldn't want to go.

Granted it's not a 'pleasant experience' but it's a cup tie, which could provide an upset against our oldest rivals which would make it all the sweeter!

I'm with MG, I went to Rovers vs. United on a freebie ticket because there was a big protest planned which was then stopped last minute. Other than that, there isn't a single game that can bring me back whilst Venky's are here. 

56 minutes ago, Boaty said:

All these NAPM excuses are getting out of hand. Back to back promotions and they will all come crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches. Should just be honest with yourselves and call it what it is. NIPaM ( not in prem any more) 

I've seen us play the Rochdale's  etc in this division before and nothing kept me away then. That was  a few seasons after watching the Bryan Douglas / Ronnie Clayton side,  they could take any team apart at top level.

I can only speak for myself but I'll not set foot in Ewood again whilst they are there. At 68 and not being in the greatest health, it's not an easy stance to take.

Off the top of my head I wouldn't mind betting that I've seen us play more seasons out of the Premier League / First Division than I've seen us play in it.

5 hours ago, Butty said:

Are you paying?

1 hour ago, Boaty said:

How insulting! We could win the Champions league and I and many others still won't be back

8 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm with MG, I went to Rovers vs. United on a freebie ticket because there was a big protest planned which was then stopped last minute. Other than that, there isn't a single game that can bring me back whilst Venky's are here. 

So why didn't you go to the wolves and Blackpool game where there was also protests planned and if your so principal and new it wasn't going ahead why did you still attend.

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, Boaty said:

That's just complete nonsense and you know it. You'll need to do better next time you make such an attempt at trolling, Boaty.

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

That's just complete nonsense and you know it. You'll need to do better next time you make such an attempt at trolling, Boaty.

I'm sure there are some but there aren't vast numbers of NAPM. The Liverpool and Utd games proved the crowds are still there for the right match. If we got back in the Prem tomorrow we'd be straight back to 15k-20k home fans.

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can see where you're coming from. We could have done without this game coming up just when we look like getting the show back on the road. 

Exactly...getting out of this league is ALL that matters this season.

Give me three points in the league before pointless bragging rights over the Six fingers.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm sure there are some but there aren't vast numbers of NAPM. The Liverpool and Utd games proved the crowds are still there for the right match. If we got back in the Prem tomorrow we'd be straight back to 15k-20k home fans.

The right match is Blackburn Rovers vrs Burnley, always has been, always will be, and the gate will be extremely poor, so thats just bunkum blueboy.

The boycotters are doing just what they said they would, so instead of arguing and try to point score, we should all be bloody well mourning the loss of thousands of fans that simply cannot bring themselves to support this shell of a football club under those rats in Pune.

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

You call that trolling, and you allow MG Suhail to say that going to watch the team is giving money to Balaji? Give me a break.

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If this was further into the competiton, or at a weekend like FA cup, or after a good run of form- this would be more than 2/3rds full.

If the club is missing 10,000 fans - 1% maximum of that are doing it on the "principle" that the club is being shafted.

They miss the irony for me, these people will moan and bitch when hardworking staff lose their jobs through restructure, yet justify their own "principles" because "it's funding corruption"...

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

The right match is Blackburn Rovers vrs Burnley, always has been, always will be, and the gate will be extremely poor, so thats just bunkum blueboy.

The boycotters are doing just what they said they would, so instead of arguing and try to point score, we should all be bloody well mourning the loss of thousands of fans that simply cannot bring themselves to support this shell of a football club under those rats in Pune.

What was the crowd last time we played Burnley at home, and what was the crowd when we played Liverpool in the cup? Then come and say sorry for being rude, and wrong:)

Just now, Biz said:

They miss the irony for me, these people will moan and bitch when hardworking staff lose their jobs through restructure, yet justify their own "principles" because "it's funding corruption"...

I've made this point too. The NAPM crowd should be making a big song and dance about actually going on the games so they can try and save the jobs of those being potted. It's manna from heaven from an anti-Venky's propaganda point of view. I'm amazed the protest 'leader' that goes round on here calling our fans thick hasn't made the connection.;)

As for the Burnley game, it's the 2nd round of the League cup with a good chance we'll both be playing our stiffs. This is on a par with the Manx Cup. (Tony Finnegan - 30yard screamer at t'turf!)

12 minutes ago, Biz said:

If the club is missing 10,000 fans - 1% maximum of that are doing it on the "principle" that the club is being shafted.

How on earth can you come to that conclusion?

The damage the Venkys have done to our support base is incalculable.Thousands HAVE left under protest over their utter criminal mismanagement of Blackburn Rovers.

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, Biz said:

You call that trolling, and you allow MG Suhail to say that going to watch the team is giving money to Balaji? Give me a break.

Trolling exists on both sides, Joseph. Hope you're suffering with a massive hangover, petal. B)

I think the majority have packed in due to not being in the Premier League, becoming a laughing stock, employing crap managers, wasting millions on crap footballers, playing crap football, developing an awful home record, two relegations and simply having enough of it. The NAPM is just what happens when you've had enough of that journey and  you become fed up of wasting weekends. It is crossing the line in the sand.  Success on the pitch will bring thousands back (nothing like the magical JW era)  but there will be a low percentage who will always stick to their principles and not return until we are Venky free.

Archived