BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

Just now, K-Hod said:

Trolling exists on both sides, Joseph. Hope you're suffering with a massive hangover petal. B)

Fresh as a daisy snowflake. Point them both out and deal with it, Kmod. Don't let your own personal stance cloud your judgement :) 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

How on earth can you come to that conclusion?

The damage the Venkys have done to our support base is incalculable.Thousands HAVE left under protest over their utter criminal mismanagement of Blackburn Rovers.

Because I've spoken to plenty of fans who's sole rationale is "I'm not watching that @#/?"..

Yes, this small community has a different feel but that's because we are all so involved, we discuss it 24/7 sometimes! I'm of the opinion that "The general fan" would be back by level and form. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Biz said:

Fresh as a daisy snowflake. Point them both out and deal with it, Kmod. Don't let your own personal stance cloud your judgement :) 

It won't be doing. My personal stance isn't one side or another, I just don't like anyone acting like goons from behind the safety of a screen. (Or in person).

Everybody's reason for non-attendance is completely different and comments (from both sides) like 'you're funding the Venky's' or 'you'll be back when we play United in the cup' only serve to highlight this division instead of helping the fans unite against Venky's, which should be the ultimate goal.

But, we digress!

2 hours ago, MGPensioner said:

For some you may be right but the majority I don't think so. I know I certainly won't on principle and neither will ABBEY. NEVER !

Plus as neither back to back promotions nor just one promotion will never happen under this ownership then you will never have the luxury of being proven wrong.

It is only the NAPMers like myself who are hurt by staying away but it's a matter of principle after what they have done to MY club and MY town.

I will not give MY money to BALAJI RAO, his family or their entourage of blood suckers like SUHAIL ANWAR PASHA SHAIKH

Incidentally, calling Rovers supporters "cockroaches" ?! 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

I'm with MG, I went to Rovers vs. United on a freebie ticket because there was a big protest planned which was then stopped last minute. Other than that, there isn't a single game that can bring me back whilst Venky's are here. 

Bang on.

My final straw was our relegation from the prem, nothing to do with the divisions but the fact that we/I protested interviews on sky and internet shows organized protests 24hr protest out side the ground all to fall on deaf ears. Those at the time witness a slow moving car crash for months only to be proved right when the relegation happened. I was asked by a presenter about the protests etc and said that we WILL go down and its nothing to do with the team being the 3rd worse team on the field, he said how can you be so sure of relegation when we wasnt half way into the season at the time but as many of other fans did we seen what was unraveling before us. Another kick in the teeth was out first loss to dingles so since 2012 its been NAPM until these crooks have gone.

Taking Rovers to win this one.  Mowbray knows a win would be a huge confidence booster for players and fans and could be the catalyst for lift off.

This cup has mixed results for PL clubs in the early stages and they only seem to start taking things seriously in the latter stages.  Dyche is a pragmatist and ensuring PL survival will be his target - last thing he needs will be suspensions / injuries.

win or lose I think having a low gate for this will be an embarrasment in itself. Almost gives them bragging rights straight away...

I think we should try to make this an occasion, a cup game, under the lights against are main enemy, whatever league, win or lose, it is what it is and we are where we are. Get on with it and make an atmosphere that will sound them out for the whole game to show them our fan base is better and the bigger club.

I also think a lower gate will go against our own players especially if Burnley make it sound like there the home team...

Im making an 8 hour round trip for this and taken time off work. I want to make some NOISE. CMON YOU ROVERS!

On 19/08/2017 at 18:05, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair do's to him. He didn't need to say that, but he's big enough to face it. 

Won't be the normal kind of crowd you associate with these fixtures but it'll be a present league type home turn out come the night of about 10\11k home fans. We sre down to the bare bones of support at home now and it isn't particularly cheap, outside the top flight these games probably only really matter to the hardcore support. 

Got to take into account these early cup games are rarely well attended at a lot of grounds people just can't be arsed with them. Not long ago i recal dingles at home to PNE and although Preston turned out in force being on a bit of a roll i think the home sections of the dingle super fans were somewhat less well populated.

11 hours ago, Phil T said:

I get the feeling that most fans didn't want this tie. I really don't think it's good for us.

Burnley being Premier League, kicking us while we're down, and 5,000 of those genetic accidents gloating for 90 minutes on our own patch... NAPM or not, I can see why fans might be giving this one a miss.

Since I've been a Rovers fan, this is the biggest gap in quality that we'll have ever played each other - depressingly, in Burnley's favour. I think most fans can see the writing on the wall, and it doesn't bear thinking about, let alone paying £22 for the privilege to watch the inevitable happen. Again.

I think this is a case of "close your eyes and make it through the week".

Couldn't disagree more with this for the reasons I've already stated. It's an attractive fixture, a "free hit" against our oldest rivals and from the point of view of our League form it gives us the chance to try and build up some attacking fluency at home which despite the three points on Saturday probably isn't quite there yet.

Not aimed at you in particular but some posters don't half grasp at straws for a reason to be miserable at times. As for the NAPM's crowing about how not even this fixture will entice them to return etc. then fair enough, in one respect they're sticking to their principles but in the event we start doing better as the season unfolds then there surely comes a point if we are mounting a genuine promotion challenge that they're cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't disagree more with this for the reasons I've already stated. It's an attractive fixture, a "free hit" against our oldest rivals and from the point of view of our League form it gives us the chance to try and build up some attacking fluency at home which despite the three points on Saturday probably isn't quite there yet.

Not aimed at you in particular but some posters don't half grasp at straws for a reason to be miserable at times. As for the NAPM's crowing about how not even this fixture will entice them to return etc. then fair enough, in one respect they're sticking to their principles but in the event we start doing better as the season unfolds then there surely comes a point if we are mounting a genuine promotion challenge that they're cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I'd be there if I could, that's for sure, but I think they're just a host of reasons why people won't bother attending. I forgot to add the minor issue of midweek night game into the mix. ^_^

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not aimed at you in particular but some posters don't half grasp at straws for a reason to be miserable at times.

The thought that people would have to search for a reason to be miserable, in these circumstances, is mind-boggling.

Venky's are a reason to be miserable.

Just now, den said:

Fair do's to him. He didn't need to say that, but he's big enough to face it. 

I must be 0ld fashioned. A lot of people face adversity and don't fall off the straight and narrow and whilst it is a terrible thing to happen, if the premature death of his mum happened when he was eleven the incident at Rovers happened many years later so you can't really connect the two. The fact he is airing this in public now seems rather rather self indulgent and a cry for mis placed sympathy for me.

He's done really well to resurrect his career and do so well after quite rightly being kicked out of Rovers though so full credit to him for that.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

What was the crowd last time we played Burnley at home, and what was the crowd when we played Liverpool in the cup? Then come and say sorry for being rude, and wrong:)

I'm never wrong, ask anyone :lol:

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If we get a win, people may regret not being there! Nothing to lose 

I'm getting images of Stoke in the FA Cup- almost as many of them, as there were of us. They turned up expecting to walk it, and set out a near full strength side. When it got to about the 70th minute and they were 4-1 down, their fans couldn't cope, and fighting started in the bottom tier of the Darwen End. 

There is almost a Burnleyesque fixation about attendances sometimes. It will be what it is and nobody should have to justify their attendance or non attendance.

Personally I'm looking forward to the football because it's that lot and beating them makes me really happy.

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

But they quite clearly aren't in the NAPM category are they?

It's an "excuse" that I simply don't buy Hasta, bar a real minority who would watch rovers kick a ball around on pleasington without venkys.

If a bigger % of the missing 10,000 fans felt the same way that the  "NAPM" purport to feel, it would be visible at protests.

Too easy for people who can't take the "thin" to use it as their excuse, despite having nearly thirty years of "thick".

..and on that point, before anyone tries to remind me why we are at the "thin" end, I already know! I don't need MG Suhail Slayer and his trollerific "creative" memes..

Archived