BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

Just really hope Mowbray doesnt play a full-strength team,and then bemoan lack of strength in depth if we get some injuries.

The failsafe way is to adhere to big Sams bucketloads of common sense and play an under-strength team.....wrap Samuels,Smallwood,Evans and Mulgrew in cotton wool,and give "Whittingham and Nuttall the game time they need to get match fit".......

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Biz said:

It's an "excuse" that I simply don't buy Hasta, bar a real minority who would watch rovers kick a ball around on pleasington without venkys.

If a bigger % of the missing 10,000 fans felt the same way that the  "NAPM" purport to feel, it would be visible at protests.

Too easy for people who can't take the "thin" to use it as their excuse, despite having nearly thirty years of "thick".

..and on that point, before anyone tries to remind me why we are at the "thin" end, I already know! I don't need MG Suhail Slayer and his trollerific "creative" memes..

Depends who your circles of fellow fans are I suppose Biz.

I know about 10 people who have stopped having season tickets in the last 4 years. I reckon at least 6 of them would definitely return tomorrow if Venkys left. Some of them used to attend with mates / family (who I don't know ) who I presume are also lost.

Maybe if I didn't know those people, and most absentees who I did know were saying they don't go anymore  "because we are *!@% ", then I'd have the same opinion as you.

11 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Depends who your circles of fellow fans are I suppose Biz.

I know about 10 people who have stopped having season tickets in the last 4 years. I reckon at least 6 of them would definitely return tomorrow if Venkys left. Some of them used to attend with mates / family (who I don't know ) who I presume are also lost.

Maybe if I didn't know those people, and most absentees who I did know were saying they don't go anymore  "because we are *!@% ", then I'd have the same opinion as you.

Well thing is - I've given more than one aspect that shapes my view, a few I speak too, the noticeable lack of take up on protests and the returning masses for cup games.

I can understand why some just cannot accept it, and/or handover their hard earned cash to the club right now- Alongside that, I think many find it a convenient excuse.

16 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Just really hope Mowbray doesnt play a full-strength team,and then bemoan lack of strength in depth if we get some injuries.

The failsafe way is to adhere to big Sams bucketloads of common sense and play an under-strength team.....wrap Samuels,Smallwood,Evans and Mulgrew in cotton wool,and give "Whittingham and Nuttall the game time they need to get match fit".......

I would rest Dack too. Although I would like to see him have a few runs at their defense 

Definitely no harm in starting Wharton, Tomlinson and Nutall though... 

People have been going on all summer about the ridiculous prices for players these days. I think our inbred neighbours have just pulled off one of the most overpriced deals of the year.

£15 million+ for someone who has never done anything at the top level and until joining Leeds had spent his career moving around on loan to various Championship sides. People said Andre Grey was overpriced at £18 million.

Smacks of desperation really to be paying that. Looks to me like spending for the sake of it having sold Grey.

Once again a complete lack of imagination from Dyche. His scouting network seems to be limited to Hull/Leeds and a few other UK clubs.

Spending £25 million on Jack Cork and Chris Wood, I say keep it going. All that Premier League cash won't last so long or get so far if that's the market they're operating in.

As of this morning we were somewhere towards 8,000 home tickets sold. Hopefully today and tomorrow will see a surge in sales as the game approaches. Anything less than 12,000+ home fans will be embarrassing. We had more than 11,000 home fans on v Doncaster last week so I don't think its unreasonable to expect more than that to turn up for the derby.

Having said that don't let any dingles comment on the attendance. Just remind them of their crowd of 15,600 in 2013 when they were top of the Championship.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As of this morning we were somewhere towards 8,000 home tickets sold. Hopefully today and tomorrow will see a surge in sales as the game approaches. Anything less than 12,000+ home fans will be embarrassing. We had more than 11,000 home fans on v Doncaster last week so I don't think its unreasonable to expect more than that to turn up for the derby.

Having said that don't let any dingles comment on the attendance. Just remind them of their crowd of 15,600 in 2013 when they were top of the Championship.

And there was probably no more than about 10  thousand home fans actually in the ground that day it looked like a large clump of their ST holders decided to watch it on the box. Place was quite empty apart from the main stand which was probably three quarters full,

Just now, JHRover said:

People have been going on all summer about the ridiculous prices for players these days. I think our inbred neighbours have just pulled off one of the most overpriced deals of the year.

£15 million+ for someone who has never done anything at the top level and until joining Leeds had spent his career moving around on loan to various Championship sides. People said Andre Grey was overpriced at £18 million.

Smacks of desperation really to be paying that. Looks to me like spending for the sake of it having sold Grey.

Once again a complete lack of imagination from Dyche. His scouting network seems to be limited to Hull/Leeds and a few other UK clubs.

Spending £25 million on Jack Cork and Chris Wood, I say keep it going. All that Premier League cash won't last so long or get so far if that's the market they're operating in.

He likes scoring against us though. I agree that he's not Premier League player, in my opinion anyway.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Leeds should sign Gestede and Rhodes as replacements. Get the band back together! 

Actually Burnley might have been better off signing the both of them 

Middlesbrough tried that, but then sacked Rhodes off almost immediately! Such is life.

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Agreed. I think after selling Keane and Grey for around 43m, plus raking in 150 -200m in TV money over 2 seasons, signing the likes of Bardsley, Cork and Wood is absolute desperation scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff by PL standards. If Dyche can do well with that lot he is a miracle worker.

Interesting Wood has gone for 15m when he was always held up as a shining example of why we shouldn't have spent 8m on Rhodes. It's like I've always said, people who are considered proven goalscorers and who it is thought are guaranteed to get you goals are very expensive.

Not at all convinced Wood will do it at Premiership level though.

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

I protested at the Blackpool match but did not attend the match

I no. I saw you:D. Still doesn't answer why jb went to the man u game to protest yet failed to show for the wolves 1875 or Blackpool one. I don't doubt people like yourself gumboots but the moral high ground and principals get lost when you don't show for the others yet show for man u and still enter knowing the protest wasn't taking place.  You , Abbey and a small minority, and I mean small I totally understand the rest are bullshiters . NAPM my arse

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Absolutely.

If any Burnley fan has selective memory loss and starts giving it the big one about attendances just give them a friendly reminder.....there must have been nearly 3,000 Rovers there that game too.

We are as a club currently on our arse.

I apologise for offending any genuine NAPM people. I still maintain there are only a handful of them though and people would get more respect coming out and saying they can't be bothered spending money on lower league football, which is fine.

Anyway hopefully its a great match and result for the ones who are going. Far too early in the season to be thinking about resting players IMO. Full strength team pls Mr tony and get at them from the first whistle. 

5 hours ago, Biz said:

Well thing is - I've given more than one aspect that shapes my view, a few I speak too, the noticeable lack of take up on protests and the returning masses for cup games.

I can understand why some just cannot accept it, and/or handover their hard earned cash to the club right now- Alongside that, I think many find it a convenient excuse.

Many of those that attended the two cup games you spoke about were probably never season ticket holders anyway. Even in the premier league you got a lot of local interest from the casual football fan to attend those games.

A better FA Cup game would be the 5th round tie against Premier League Stoke City for a place in the quarter fins. Saturday. 3pm. Not on TV. 4500 away fans.  -  attendance of 13,934

This Brfcs infighting is embarrassing, have a @#/? word with yourselves. 

Its the week of the burnley game, you'd think you'd be spitting bile in those backward swines directions not at your own fans.

If you want to go then go, if you want stay away then stay away, its not a completion.

Just for the record - Any burnley ****s reading this, you'll always be in our shadow, form is temporary, cups and history are permanent :tu:

Personally I'm gutted about not going on Wednesday but I'm just not prepared to pay to get in while those people are in charge. First match against them I've missed since the late 70s but there you have it. Fair play anyone who feels different and does go and hope that we can win.  I really don't get the stuff about it not being a big enough game for some perople though, it's a massive game and anyway who says otherwise is just kidding themself.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Just for the record - Any burnley ****s reading this, you'll always be in our shadow, form is temporary, cups and history are permanent :tu:

Sadly Gav, they are now light years ahead of us in every respect.  Like it or not, at the moment, they are now an extremely efficient and well run club - though as with Rovers, a change in ownership there could scupper things.

2 hours ago, Boaty said:

I apologise for offending any genuine NAPM people. I still maintain there are only a handful of them though and people would get more respect coming out and saying they can't be bothered spending money on lower league football, which is fine.

Anyway hopefully its a great match and result for the ones who are going. Far too early in the season to be thinking about resting players IMO. Full strength team pls Mr tony and get at them from the first whistle. 

If they sold in the morning I'd be there, until then they can kiss the sweat off my sack. Thanks for thinking of us though.

:wstu:

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Sadly Gav, they are now light years ahead of us in every respect.  Like it or not, at the moment, they are now an extremely efficient and well run club - though as with Rovers, a change in ownership there could scupper things.

I don't give a flying @#/? mercer, when they've been at it for 30yrs+ come back, until then they should know their place.

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not quite. They're ahead of us in league position and directly because of that financially. That can change very quickly indeed as we know all about. They ain't ahead of us in facilities, trophies or standing and won't be for a long time yet.

Spending £25 million on Jack Cork and Chris Wood isn't what I'd call efficient. I'd call it desperation stuff and if it ends in relegation, which it will do eventually, then the money will soon run out if that's the sort of transfer business on offer.

16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed. I think after selling Keane and Grey for around 43m, plus raking in 150 -200m in TV money over 2 seasons, signing the likes of Bardsley, Cork and Wood is absolute desperation scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff by PL standards. If Dyche can do well with that lot he is a miracle worker.

Interesting Wood has gone for 15m when he was always held up as a shining example of why we shouldn't have spent 8m on Rhodes. It's like I've always said, people who are considered proven goalscorers and who it is thought are guaranteed to get you goals are very expensive.

Not at all convinced Wood will do it at Premiership level though.

To be fair to Dyche the premier league is littered in players who looked like journeymen before their time at Burnley (Ings, Keane, Rodriguez, Austin, Trippier etc).

I'm not sure I would bet against him.

Really the majority of the credit for Burnley's recovery goes to Dyche. He has been sensational.

Archived