BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley's PL life is over at this season's end.

Losing at home to WBA is the start of the loss of their home form which kept them up last season.

The win at Chelsea was an early season fluke and more to do with Chelsea confusion than anything Dingles did.

They are buying cheap and will pay for it.

We will be playing them in the Championship, as early as next season.

Meanwhile Rovers are still years ahead in terms of years at higher league status than that shower. And that will not change at least in my lifetime

59 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

To be fair to Dyche the premier league is littered in players who looked like journeymen before their time at Burnley (Ings, Keane, Rodriguez, Austin, Trippier etc).

I'm not sure I would bet against him.

Really the majority of the credit for Burnley's recovery goes to Dyche. He has been sensational.

I think Coyle has a lot to do with it as well. They went up when no one expected them to somehow, meaning they hit the financial jackpot first with him. Imo, they wouldn't be where they are now without him. 

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Burnley's PL life is over at this season's end.

Losing at home to WBA is the start of the loss of their home form which kept them up last season.

The win at Chelsea was an early season fluke and more to do with Chelsea confusion than anything Dingles did.

They are buying cheap and will pay for it.

We will be playing them in the Championship, as early as next season.

Meanwhile Rovers are still years ahead in terms of years at higher league status than that shower. And that will not change at least in my lifetime

They are buying the most expensive Championship side ever assembled.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Would be funny if we hadn't spent 80+ million on Rhodes, Murphy, Best, Etuhu, Kazim Richards, King, DJ Campbell, sandomierski, Dave jones, rekik, david Bentley, about 7 Portuguese fans of Nuno Gomes, Nuno Gomes, 5 managers... need I go on? 

16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Aiming to be football's "Yo-Yo" Champions.

Hopefully that strategy lands them deep in the FFP -hit in times to come.

Meanwhile I hope TM plays a competitive team tomorrow and we do compete. A win would be nice if unexpected.

21 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

As someone stated before dyche is setting them up so they never get stuck in the championship that they will bounce straight back. In fairness to him he's a very good manager. I remember him in a interview two seasons ago saying he wanted to build a legacy and to lead the club through all their building work 

With the size of some of the clubs, now in the Championship, it is not beyond all realms of possibility that if they do get relegated, it would be a struggle to get back up. Yes they will have the parachute money, but so will too other sides and those who don't make it back up this year.

All things are possible - but happen less and less ...

Not delighted with the Wood signing but the fee is a sign of the ridiculous times football is in. For all you talk about how we've spent this and that - with the recent sales our net spend over the last 12 months (so including last summer) is probably less than 15 million. If the rumour mill is to be believed then we will soon have another central defender, another striker and another centre mid too.

But neither our impending doom as predicted above nor profligate spending on the 'most expensive championship side in history' (I assume whoever said that hasn't looked at boro and their 15 million/65K a week championship striker) will be the difference tomorrow - playing  the best will. May the better team on the day win and everyone who goes get home safely.

Here's to hoping we scrape a 1-0 win with the winning goal coming from a surprise Tomlinson screamer. The lad from Burnley buries the unwashed.

Celebrates by kissing the badge and running 90 yards to the BBE before jumping in the crowd. Dunny comes trundling down the touchline, every step creating a bigger divot than a Kuqi swan dive, to celebrate with a swig of a mans pint and a bite of his cold steak pie. He later falls asleep in chicken vindaloo in Darwen.

Meanwhile the unwashed are smashing up our toilets, a few of em get some bog spray that counts towards their annual wash, some of them get caught up in it all and decide to start fighting each other. Families are broken up, although that turns out to be the most progressive societal change in Burnley's modern history, and the towns prestigious shops are burnt out: Poundland, Poundstretcher, Poundsaver, Cost Cutter, Poundworld, Pound Cutter, Mothercare & YMCA. All that remains is Sports Direct so the yobs are happy.

The miners runs out of benny and hot so that weird old bloke Rocky is on the warpath. Blackburn with Darwen council are roped in to help the Yorkshire police out - we respond by sending Birdy to sort him out. Turns out Rocky isn't made from rock after all.

Back in Blackburn we've had a few cold ones in the Fox, got home for 11 because we are trusted to make our own way back (we like our town) and are currently having a pint of water and a brew knowing we have a job to go to in the morning. Lovely jubbly.

17 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

All things are possible - but happen less and less ...

Not delighted with the Wood signing but the fee is a sign of the ridiculous times football is in. For all you talk about how we've spent this and that - with the recent sales our net spend over the last 12 months (so including last summer) is probably less than 15 million. If the rumour mill is to be believed then we will soon have another central defender, another striker and another centre mid too.

But neither our impending doom as predicted above nor profligate spending on the 'most expensive championship side in history' (I assume whoever said that hasn't looked at boro and their 15 million/65K a week championship striker) will be the difference tomorrow - playing  the best will. May the better team on the day win and everyone who goes get home safely.

You've come a long way since the days when you thought it was acceptable to mock the death of Jack Walker.

Let hope when we hammer you tomorrow night you disappear into the wilderness like you have so many times in the past with your tail firmly between your legs.

Now **** off dingle :tu:

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Would be funny if we hadn't spent 80+ million on Rhodes, Murphy, Best, Etuhu, Kazim Richards, King, DJ Campbell, sandomierski, Dave jones, rekik, david Bentley, about 7 Portuguese fans of Nuno Gomes, Nuno Gomes, 5 managers... need I go on? 

What a strange list. The point you were trying to make is lost.

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

Chris Wood is never a Premier League quality player as long as I have a hole in my backside.

he, much like Rhodes has a level, a very good level at which he will be successful but in terms of scoring goals regularly in the prem, miles off.

If had to choose between the two I'd take Wood, more physical and more mobile. I would agree that regular Premier League  goal scoring is beyond both of them. I'd expect Wood to be a stand in /sub for Vokes barring accidents.

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How on earth doe Bentley make that list? A stellar signing for us.Signed him when he was going nowhere, left us as an England regular at a big profit.

Does Biz really equate him with the likes of best and Murphy?  :blink:

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

How on earth doe Bentley make that list? A stellar signing for us.Signed him when he was going nowhere, left us as an England regular at a big profit.

I presume he means when he came back on loan? Even though that still wouldn't make sense 

He did come back, didn't he? Santa Cruz too? Or did I just have a nightmare. Hopefully I did 

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

Think he's referring to when we got him back, but that was a loan anyway and I doubt it was very costly either. Strange to put him on that list for sure, as you said in his first spell we signed him for peanuts and made a good profit on him after some brilliant performances for us. Class player Bentley 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I presume he means when he came back on loan? Even though that still wouldn't make sense 

He did come back, didn't he? Santa Cruz too? Or did I just have a nightmare. Hopefully I did 

Jesus I forgot we got Santa Cruz back on loan, shadow of the player he was in his first spell here if I remember rightly. 

27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Lost on you and the perennially dull 47er perhaps. Bentley came back on a loan fee, just like the 80k pw Roque the season before, just like the plethora of other signings we made under the most criminally negligent spell of our history, spewing money out right, left and centre.

The point is, any "wasting money" jibe towards a Burnley team/club under Dyche and current structure is like laughing at poor roof tiles from a burnt out husk of a building. I find it almost incredible that I'd have to spell that out. 

Archived