BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

55 minutes ago, Stuart said:

What a strange list. The point you were trying to make is lost.

He's saying that Burnley's crazy spending (on Championship standard players) this summer would be funny if we didn't pay £80m to assemble an even worse Championship side. I'm not sure about the figures, but that is his point. 

Edit: oops, he's already explained it himself.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

He's saying that Burnley's crazy spending (on Championship standard players) this summer would be funny if we didn't pay £80m to assemble an even worse Championship side. I'm not sure about the figures, but that is his point. 

Edit: oops, he's already explained it himself.

The actual list makes my skin crawl;

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/blatm/transfers/verein/164/saison_id/2012

39 minutes ago, Biz said:

Lost on you and the perennially dull 47er perhaps. Bentley came back on a loan fee, just like the 80k pw Roque the season before, just like the plethora of other signings we made under the most criminally negligent spell of our history, spewing money out right, left and centre.

The point is, any "wasting money" jibe towards a Burnley team/club under Dyche and current structure is like laughing at poor roof tiles from a burnt out husk of a building. I find it almost incredible that I'd have to spell that out. 

Rhodes, King and Jones...why were they included in your list ?

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Rhodes, King and Jones...why were they included in your list ?

Because they were part of an incredibly expensive Championship side that almost got relegated. The point is that Burnley would have to do awfully to do as bad as that, so it is difficult to laugh at their spending. 

Looking at the planner an optimistic estimate might be about 10k home tickets sold so by this time tomorrow hopefully another couple of thousand.  I think you can get 6 on one ST although not cast iron sure on that.

47 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

Has TM been a bit quiet leading upto this game? I dont recall hearing or seeing an interview from him regarding this cup tie.

Done his pre match conference today. 

Lenihan and Dack out. Nyambe and Wharton unlikely to play

Police overkill at play again, having to warn those naughty people to not break the law tomorrow night or they might be punished. Meanwhile if anyone needs the toilet at half time officers will be on hand to assist.

I dread to think how much Lancashire Constabulary are claiming to carry out this ridiculously over the top 'operation' which sounds as though it is going to bring Lancashire to a standstill tomorrow night judging by the story in the Telegraph and on the club's websites. How to make what should be an enjoyable and major event for this part of the world into something from 70s Belfast.

4 hours ago, Biz said:

I don't envy the author of the update of " Blackburn Rovers- A Complete History " . It's going to be really difficult to find something good to say about a lot of them !

I need to edit this - " It's going to be really difficult to find something to say about a lot of them.

• Backroom

Gotta laugh at council/police.

My uncle lives down Craven's brow and his car 'will be towed away' if parked on the road.

'We apologise for the inconvenience and won't be requesting this again'... what if we draw Burnley at home in the FA Cup?

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Because they were part of an incredibly expensive Championship side that almost got relegated. The point is that Burnley would have to do awfully to do as bad as that, so it is difficult to laugh at their spending. 

Ok got it.

Rhodes was a success. Expensive bur his goala ans points earnt kept us up.

Jones, on loan to us, was also a success.

Shame to name those 2 with the likea of Ethu, Murphy and Best....

12 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Mowbray apparently had no idea about the rivalry between Rovers and Burnley, strange.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/august/i-know-how-important-this-game-is/

And why should he have known? He is from a different part of the country. He just saw Rovers on TV, playing in the premiership, winning the premiership, winning a league cup, playing in Europe .  He probably never heard of Burnley til a couple of years ago 

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And why should he have known? He is from a different part of the country. He just saw Rovers on TV, playing in the premiership, winning the premiership, winning a league cup, playing in Europe .  He probably never heard of Burnley til a couple of years ago 

He is from the North East, about an hour and a half away! For someone who thinks he knows so much about football, to not know that two founder members of the football league are rivals is very poor.

6 hours ago, Biz said:

Lost on you and the perennially dull 47er perhaps. Bentley came back on a loan fee, just like the 80k pw Roque the season before, just like the plethora of other signings we made under the most criminally negligent spell of our history, spewing money out right, left and centre.

The point is, any "wasting money" jibe towards a Burnley team/club under Dyche and current structure is like laughing at poor roof tiles from a burnt out husk of a building. I find it almost incredible that I'd have to spell that out. 

Wasting money is a fair point. Sticking in players who don't fit that category just because you don't like them muddied that argument. For those without your enormous intellectual capacity as yourself, obviously. :rolleyes:

The fact is that Bumley have grossly overpaid for Wood. You just like to be contrary. The last time we genuinely overpaid was during the Souness meltdown period.

I've not too many expectations going into the game. However should TM play a weakened team (other than injuries) I will be very disappointed. It's a tough ask as it is - never thought I'd see us the underdogs and 2 divisions below them as a lad - and any deliberate resting of players is insulting and asking to be panned.

Archived