BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

For those not going tomorrow I've seen on twitter that the game is being shown on "BEIN Sports" which should mean that finding a stream online will not be too difficult. I can't wait for the game, should be a cracking atmosphere as always and anything can happen in the cup never mind a local derby! All the pressure is on them, COYB! 

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Butty said:

Think he's referring to when we got him back, but that was a loan anyway and I doubt it was very costly either. Strange to put him on that list for sure, as you said in his first spell we signed him for peanuts and made a good profit on him after some brilliant performances for us. Class player Bentley 

Ah! Well that second spell certainly won't be how I'll remember him!

My team given what Mowbray has said about certain players. 

Raya

Caddis Ward Mulgrew Williams

SmallwoodWhittingham

Bennett       Gladwin    Chapman

Samuel

Subs:- Lietwiler Wharton Evans Conway Graham Antonsson Tomlinson

My team would be:

Flowers

Price Berg Hendry Le Saux

Ripley Sherwood Tugay Wilcox

Garner Shearer

That side would hammer any burnley side that has ever had the good fortune to grace the Ewood Park pitch :tu:

Come on you Super Blues.

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

My team would be:

Flowers

Garner Shearer

That side would hammer any burnley side that has ever had the good fortune to grace the Ewood Park pitch :tu:

Come on you Super Blues.

That side on it's day would beat any side never mind them scummers. We are the Burnley haters! :brfc:

1 hour ago, Gav said:

My team would be:

Flowers

Garner Shearer

Come on you Super Blues.

Damn.... Bl***dy long way down. 

3 hours ago, Butty said:

For those not going tomorrow I've seen on twitter that the game is being shown on "BEIN Sports" which should mean that finding a stream online will not be too difficult. I can't wait for the game, should be a cracking atmosphere as always and anything can happen in the cup never mind a local derby! All the pressure is on them, COYB! 

Let the search commence ;)

Live on TV in the USA plus around Europe......suggesting 'availability' elsewhere

http://m.livesoccertv.com/match/2557579/blackburn-rovers-vs-burnley/

7 hours ago, Biz said:

David Goodwillie.

To say the last time we "genuinely overpaid" was Souness era, is absolutely ridiculous in hindsight of that 2012/13 season alone. 

Cameron Stewart? Who on earth...?!

The discussion was £15m for Chris Wood. Show me where we have thrown away that kind of money (relative to the market of the day).

If Wood scores the goals that keeps them in the division then it's money well spent. Let's see though, eh.

I haven't felt the normal buzz for this game for some reason,maybe the 200 mile round trip on a wednessday night 

but i woken up and i can't wait...i know we have to get out of this league but i personally couldn't give a stuff about saturday at this moment in time

if they win tonight they have a free pass in my eyes

come on you blues

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The discussion was £15m for Chris Wood. Show me where we have thrown away that kind of money (relative to the market of the day).

If Wood scores the goals that keeps them in the division then it's money well spent. Let's see though, eh.

Kevin Davies springs to mind but, to be fair, his failure at Rovers was hindsight. I remember him being a rising star at Southampton. Remind you of anyone?!

If he hadn't broken his leg before we signed him, I wonder how differently things might've turned out for him.

6 hours ago, Gav said:

My team would be:

Flowers

Garner Shearer

Come on you Super Blues.

Correct me if I'm wrong......

And only three players that actually did it for real?

The thought of Sherwood and Tugay playing together in CM. would love to have seen that.

As for Chris, what we do now for a RB like him at the same (pardon the pun) Price.

Shearer was the best Dingle baiter that never was (other than winning us the Prem). Remember him winding up the Mancs. Would love to have seen him doing the same to Burnley. Can imagine him now arm aloft and grinning from ear to ear!

39 minutes ago, levi said:

I haven't felt the normal buzz for this game for some reason,maybe the 200 mile round trip on a wednessday night 

but i woken up and i can't wait...i know we have to get out of this league but i personally couldn't give a stuff about saturday at this moment in time

come on you blues

Even though I still think the League is more important, I stepped out of bed this morning and the first words to leave my lips were, "Bring on the b******s."

Old habits die hard.

COYB xx

1 hour ago, levi said:

come on you blues

Make no mistake, if we beat them, be that by skill or a fluke, it will be the best victory over them in our history. My 1st Ewood game since a self imposed exhile and I cannot wait.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Exactly - relative to the market of the day. 15m is peanuts compared to 15m 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. Just look at the averages for 2005 compared with now. Now take into account 15m for a team that's in its second year of pulling 100m+ in sponsorship and just sold a striker and defender for 40m+

Leon Best may have only cost 3.5m upfront but don't forget the 3 years of around 2m a season. In a relative scenario to turnover, I'd call spending that and another 8m on Rhodes + 40k a season for his time, pretty blooming spendthrift! Especially for a relegated team (not premier league) and especially considering we hadn't just pulled in 40m on sales of two players. Then looking at our final position (only saved by Gary Bowyer, which is an argument for another thread ;) ) I'd say we assembled one of the worst championship squads in history for the money. Not quite Aston Villa's recent standards though eh? With likely Boro next...

I know we don't like Burnley, but the initial point will remain, I can't laugh at Blueboys joke about Burnley wasting money in the current scenario. I don't rate Chris wood, but that's the current going rate, look at Assombolonga (spell check!), who went to boro after being priced out of a move up to Burnley because he's on 65k a week! 

They don't have the scouting we had, even now though which is quite pitiful, and just shows that their owners are pretty much expecting relegation at some point in the future. The investments in training facilities have been paltry compared to us - they are run by some of the "tightest tykes" in football! Laugh at them for being run like Blackpool, at the behest of their directors pockets! (It works for me!)

As for tonight - I'm looking forward to it. Back in my old seat also, which I'm more excited about strangely, and I see a quality atmosphere pre game in WMC for a change! Can't remember looking forward to a league cup game for ages!

9 hours ago, Phil T said:

It makes you wonder how much money they've given to the EFL; a lot, I would imagine.

Can't say I normally catch cup draws live, so I'm not selfishly bothered, but any stipulations of an English competition being given preference to Chinese audiences because of the sponsor aren't right. Can't blame Carabao for this; the blame lies solely at the feet of the EFL.

Assuming my assumptions are right. ^_^

I expect this is just the start. Shifting the draw to Thailand/China is just laying the groundwork for eventually a stage where fixtures are played out there. Given some of the dreadful attendances in this competition recently (9000 at Palace with 2000 away fans, 8000 at Birmingham, 5000 at Cardiff, 6000 at Bolton with 2700 away fans) this process will be made easier/quicker than once might have been the case.

Make no mistake, whilst there might not be appetite at this stage to watch Bristol City v Derby in Asia in the 3rd round, there will be appetite to watch United/City/Arsenal/Chelsea, and my suspicion is that work is going on behind the scenes to take them out to Asia, fill stadia, sell TV rights and make a fortune out of it. The big boys will consider it a price worth paying if it helps them to sell shirts etc in Asia as their own fans in the UK aren't really interested until the latter stages/final.

I suspect the League have been watching the pre-season friendlies dressed up as trophies/competitions and now want a slice of that action, only they can go one better as this is actually a real trophy with history behind it taking place during the real season rather than some made up Champions Trophy hosting glorified friendlies.

We all know from experience that the integrity of English football, tradition, wishes of genuine fans and such other things will go out of the window if the cash on offer is sufficient.

They've attempted to justify the draw being made in Asia on the grounds of some twaddle about developing the competition overseas etc. I always thought the whole point in the 'ENGLISH Football League Cup' (as they have recently christened it) was that it was an ENGLISH competition, organised and held in ENGLAND for the benefit of ENGLISH clubs and ENGLISH fans but it seems that only goes as far as the chequebook coming out.

The horribly named 'EFL' have already wrecked the League Trophy and made it into a micky mouse competition by forcing lower league clubs into playing full strength sides against Premier League/Championship reserve sides and the attendances have predictably dropped through the floor. Now they're interfering with the League Cup in pursuit of a quick few quid and that will continue to suffer too.

8 hours ago, Gav said:

My team would be:

Flowers

Garner Shearer

Come on you Super Blues.

That's just ridiculous Gav.

You left out Super Atko

8 hours ago, Gav said:

My team would be:

Flowers

Garner Shearer

Come on you Super Blues.

Nelsen in and Berg at RB and your onto something ;)

Being a Rovers fan from Burnley I would absolutely love it if we beat them tonight, I've been around Burnley fans all my life and even if I wasn't a Rovers fan I'd still hate them, some of the most arrogant deluded football supporters in the country. COME ON ROVERS!!!!

IMG_8484.PNG

Archived