Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

9 hours ago, Gav said:

My team would be:

Flowers

Price Berg Hendry Le Saux

Ripley Sherwood Tugay Wilcox

Garner Shearer

That side would hammer any burnley side that has ever had the good fortune to grace the Ewood Park pitch :tu:

Come on you Super Blues.

All you need is Duff (Dah, dah, derr derr derrrrr)

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made their name frightening Saturday afternoon women, children and oap shoppers on Scarborough market by going on the rampage out of the ground during the game because they were getting thrashed !

Brave stuff that :lol:

Not the right thread I know, but saw this bit of wisdom from Steve Kean about their match the other day. He's still talking rubbish:

DPMM FC head coach Steve Kean has highlighted that it was their game plan to let Home United FC exert control in the manner that they did during the 3-1 loss in the quarter-final second leg tie of the Singapore Cup at the Bishan Stadium in Singapore on Wednesday.

46 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Made their name frightening Saturday afternoon women, children and oap shoppers on Scarborough market by going on the rampage out of the ground during the game because they were getting thrashed !

Brave stuff that :lol:

:lol: Nothing compared to a proper firm.

I knew someone who was in the young suicide squad, though. Nasty sods them, and one very tragic incident (death of a Forest fan).

11 hours ago, Gav said:

My team would be:

Flowers

Price Berg Hendry Le Saux

Ripley Sherwood Tugay Wilcox

Garner Shearer

That side would hammer any burnley side that has ever had the good fortune to grace the Ewood Park pitch :tu:

Come on you Super Blues.

Flowers instead of Brad? have I missed something?

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Being a Rovers fan from Burnley I would absolutely love it if we beat them tonight, I've been around Burnley fans all my life and even if I wasn't a Rovers fan I'd still hate them, some of the most arrogant deluded football supporters in the country. COME ON ROVERS!!!!

IMG_8484.PNG

This man needs a place on the bench for tonight.

A 5 minute cameo is all he needs........

27 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Not the right thread I know, but saw this bit of wisdom from Steve Kean about their match the other day. He's still talking rubbish:

DPMM FC head coach Steve Kean has highlighted that it was their game plan to let Home United FC exert control in the manner that they did during the 3-1 loss in the quarter-final second leg tie of the Singapore Cup at the Bishan Stadium in Singapore on Wednesday.

Up to his old tricks the k**b

1 hour ago, kokkini said:

Anybody know how many tickets have sold?

Looking at the interactive map this morning, would say around 14,500 home tickets and 5000 away so around 19,500. Maybe a few more if they've shifted a few today.

Just now, AAK said:

Looking at the interactive map this morning, would say around 14,500 home tickets and 5000 away so around 19,500. Maybe a few of their shifted a few today.

There was a decent queue when I went for Scunthorpe tickets this morning ticket office said about 20 thousand so far, no excuse not to go as were playing the dingles.

Even an excuse for a few pints in the golden cup before hand whilst seeing the dingles carted in on 19th century buses

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dunno but a steady queue at the ticket office 

Do you actually have to have a physical ticket these days?

I would have thought that with the scanning system that's been around for donkey's years already that you'd only need the barcode and could buy online and save on a phone. Or maybe I'm making too much sense?

2 hours ago, A cup of beans said:

:lol: Nothing compared to a proper firm.

I knew someone who was in the young suicide squad, though. Nasty sods them, and one very tragic incident (death of a Forest fan).

The majority of that lot weren't even football fans just general town scum who go nowhere near their games but ambush visiting fans at various points. Tossers.

Anyway they've got more than their fair share of plastics these days who won't have seen them lose to Rovers, hopefully tonight's a new experience for em !

1 hour ago, caithnessman said:

There was a decent queue when I went for Scunthorpe tickets this morning ticket office said about 20 thousand so far, no excuse not to go as were playing the dingles.

Even an excuse for a few pints in the golden cup before hand whilst seeing the dingles carted in on 19th century buses

20k would be a bloody good effort if true.   

38 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

20k would be a bloody good effort if true.   

It would but I think it's off the mark and 16/17 will be closer, still not that bad. Small town derby at the end of the day and without the gloss of the 'big league'.

First game at Ewood in a long, long time and the butterflies are already kicking in. Was in St Annes today and people were discussing the game. This is THE Lancashire Derby and matters loads.

Have few expectations for today. Will be annoyed if the players don't work their gonads off, or TM fields a weakened team. If there's plenty of fight I'll be happy - a win and I'll be ecstatic.

Archived