BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

Just now, Neal said:

My thoughts too Gav, let myself get involved when i promised myself i wouldn't. I'm out until someone hangs the @#/? or they sell up. 

Exactly same as me... let myself get involved coz I love the club... so many happy memories over the years and then having to deal with this dross.  Don't have a problem with being in League One.  Don't have a problem with Burnley beating us.  I have a huge problem with the owners, the players and the attitude.  It doesn't matter to any of them.  It's the fans who care.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, thegrumpyman said:

Exactly same as me... let myself get involved coz I love the club... so many happy memories over the years and then having to deal with this dross.  Don't have a problem with being in League One.  Don't have a problem with Burnley beating us.  I have a huge problem with the owners, the players and the attitude.  It doesn't matter to any of them.  It's the fans who care.

The effort was there, just not the quality.

Just now, matt83 said:

Entirely predictable result. Scoreline less than I anticipated. My heart sank when I saw the draw and this is why. 

I hate losing this game too and tried to play it down in my own mind, but to no avail. At half time, two nil down, I feared a mauling. Much as I hate that, I would certainly have hated it more had they git another couple. Scant consolation right now, but as you say, entirely predictable.

15 minutes ago, thegrumpyman said:

Nah it wasn't a cock-up by Samuel, the attempt from Conway was going wide... he spooned it wide from 8 yards

I thought it was going wide too. Though if I can stomach watching the EFL highlights on terrestrial TV I'll have a better look.

Doesn't count as a shot on target either. ZERO FFS! I thought we'd lose this game, but I expected us to have a better go at it than I saw. Not having the skill is one thing (we are 3rd division after all) - but the lack of fight is unforgivable.

Well Antonsson can't play up front on his own, and was only marginally less anonymous with Samuel. 

Too many long hoofs, too many passengers, too little quality.

Chapman showed glimpses, and we kept it to 2, that's the only positives.

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Did anyone thought we would win? Move on to

next game..

Didn't think we'd win, but didn't think we would end up without a single shot on target. Zero passion from manager or players.

What a poor team Mowbray has put together.

Shocker from Tony despite the gulf in quality. That's 3 out of 4 matches in which he's selected the wrong personnel and set-up. Antonsson up top on his own - every Leeds fan said not to do so when we brought him in, yet he leaves him there on his own for 60+ minutes with balls being zipped to his nose. Just don't think the bloke is learning. Badly needs a victory on Saturday.

Just now, booth said:

Didn't think we'd win, but didn't think we would end up without a single shot on target. Zero passion from manager or players.

What a poor team Mowbray has put together.

Mowbray's not a guy you'd like to talk too if you were feeling a bit down, that's for sure.

Kinda felt sorry for Mulgrew looking for options when he had the ball (if he sticks around and can take care of most free kicks, it also brings the Wittingham signing into question... he was pretty anonymous). He was pretty poor in the air though. Made me miss having Duffy or Hanley back there authoritatively winning headers. Ward seems like he'll get exposed on any play, though i'm not entirely negative about him yet given he had a strong finish last season.

Williams isn't as good at dribbling as he thinks he is. Caddis had some bright patches, but he's hardly a standout.

Antonsson didn't seem capable of anything out there... Gladwin may be able to pull off some tricks against lesser opposition, but he was pretty badly exposed tonight. Can't win s*** in the air either.

Chapman made some moves at least. Samuel, Bennett, and Conway (albeit he's just not the same player anymore) added a bit of attacking nous at least.

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

It was ultimately a PL side facing a L1 side, and judging from the first three games not a particularly good L1 side either. It could have been a lot worse.

And the PL side looked like a Championship side with a PL manager. We looked like a pub team with the landlord in charge.

Archived