BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

let us put 100% effort in playing them next season , cos I think they are going down...

Not while Dyche is in charge but he won't stick around forever.

Things we learned.

Back 4 weak.

Whittingham should not be starting nor should the Swedish lad.

Chapman should be starting out wide. Ditto Samuel up front.

We should only play one up if Dack plays in hole.  Otherwise 2 strikers

We are a million miles behind Burnley.  

Would rather have seen the entire under 23 team.  

Just now, Blow-in said:

Bennett 

Bennett couldn't have looked more disinterested if he tried.

Thought Raya was outstanding tonight and Samuel looked excellent when he came on. On the evidence to date we'd better hope he doesn't get injured as he's our only decent out and out forward.

Williams, Caddis and the new lad from Leeds up front whose name I can't spell particularly poor I thought.

From the point of view of the League worrying to me that Mowbray is still trying to scratch around to find a formation and method of play which suits the players he's signed. Even more worrying is his insistence on playing with one up front when every man and his dog can see We're completely toothless playing like that.

• Moderation Lead

We just didn't have enough quality at all to compete with them. Absolutely devastating to say that about our opponents when our opponents are Burnley. 

I'd love to feel something positive about Rovers again, just anything really. 

It was a shocker from Tony. No contest game. The starting 11 would struggle to score against St Peters so they never were going to do anything against a well organised premiership club. Tony knew that I'm sure. Gally on radio lancs spoke about looking at Burnley and aiming to be at that level. You're wrong Gally. We should be looking at MK Dons on Saturday and no further. We need to win on Saturday.  

4 minutes ago, GreenRover said:

Disappointing result. Put it behind us and push on for the weekend. That is the one we really have to win. 6 point gap that needs to be made up on the leaders so 3 points is needed. Come on Boys!!!!! ???⚪️⚽️

Haven't a cat in hells chance of getting anywhere near promotion with that team and manager.

24 minutes ago, Husky said:

This game is live on Bulgarian TV.

I often wonder how many people are actually watching in these kind of countries. Neither us nor Burnley are any kind of pull.

well actually as a Bulgarian i can tell you that when Rovers were in the premier league they were as popular as every other mid-table team (aka. villa, city,everton,newcastle,sunderland...)if not even more.

i have seen some stores selling fake Rovers tshirts ,mugs , keyings etc along with the  United ,Liverpool, Chelsea ones, back in the days

Obviously in Bulgaria noone knows or cares how big the city of Blackburn is or how big Newcastle or even Birmingham are and we cant really tell how many fans are at the stadiums supporting the clubs just by watchin on tv, so we kinda have a diffirent understanding for "big" and "popular" club

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Thought Raya was outstanding tonight and Samuel looked excellent when he came on. On the evidence to date we'd better hope he doesn't get injured as he's our only decent out and out forward.

Williams, Caddis and the new lad from Leeds up front whose name I can't spell particularly poor I thought.

From the point of view of the League worrying to me that Mowbray is still trying to scratch around to find a formation and method of play which suits the players he's signed. Even more worrying is his insistence on playing with one up front when every man and his dog can see We're completely toothless playing like that.

After tonight Mowbray's skating on really thin ice. I wasn't looking for  a result but I was looking for a performance, we got neither. If we carry on in this vein in the league he'll be out by bonfire night.

If we had a board and some directors I'd be expecting him to be dragged over the coals tomorrow, as it is it's just business as usual.

31 minutes ago, Husky said:

I thought it was going wide too. Though if I can stomach watching the EFL highlights on terrestrial TV I'll have a better look.

Toe-ender definitely going wide when seen from right (wing) touchline camera.

Bad miss from Conway if anything.

Well beaten by a professional PL outfit. What an upsetting thing to have to say about that lot. Limited our chances and picked us off - against the run of play maybe but we could have been here til Friday and not looked like scoring.

We flattered to deceive and Raya being MoM should be no surprise. He kept us in it for those moments when they got past man-mountain Mulgrew. If he's here on 1st September I'll be very happy but I can see him going last minute. He's head and shoulders above anyone else at the back.

No point in moping about it. Tonight made me hate Venkys just that little bit more but we have to get our focus back on what's important: the league.

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Probably true , wait for the managerial merry go round at West Ham , Newcastle , Southampton 

I've got a few Dingle mates (maybe not the time to admit!) and they make a decent point re Dyche, he isn't a quick fix. They said the original football was dire and he started rather indifferently which isn't acceptable in the premier league. He is a long term appointment and needs time to address the whole ethos and mentality of the playing side of the club, prem teams don't afford managers that time. He becomes a risk when he asks for time at a club like West Ham when they need prem money to fund the 5+ players on north of £100k per week.

35 minutes ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

Was it? We barely had a shot on target. Absolutely pathetic and we're very lucky to have only lost by 2.

Fuming! Need a drink.

I saw the game but still believe most of those players are just, well........ you know.

I don't think they weren't trying.

Just now, cesus said:

I've got a few Dingle mates (maybe not the time to admit!) and they make a decent point re Dyche, he isn't a quick fix. They said the original football was dire and he started rather indifferently which isn't acceptable in the premier league. He is a long term appointment and needs time to address the whole ethos and mentality of the playing side of the club, prem teams don't afford managers that time. He becomes a risk when he asks for time at a club like West Ham when they need prem money to fund the 5+ players on north of £100k per week.

Sooner or later if he's got any self belief he'll be off. The Dingles won't ever pull any trees up at top level.

1 hour ago, Blow-in said:

This sounded like bullshit at the time.

This was before the game, fair enough he scored tonight and set up one but all I was saying was that a lot of my dingle supporting mates haven't been keen on him since he signed last season. My step dad is a season ticket holder at Burnley and he's always going on about how @#/? Brady is. I'm sure they will be more keen on him after tonight though :(

Unsurprisingly outclassed tonight.

Nothing to do with the level of the opponents though - that's 3/4 games (75%) we have been outclassed this season, I'll keep this updated as we go along.

Nothing seems to ever get a 'response' from the team any more. Venkys really have killed off any spirit and pride there ever was.

A sign of how far we've fallen when our fans are resorting too stuff like this, one of their fans did the same to Savage when we played them in the FA Cup 13 years ago or however long it was. That was when they were a @#/? team and now that applies to us we are doing things like that. Sign of the times or what. :mellow:

IMG_8486.PNG

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Rays outstanding Rev? I just don't rate him. Always a mistake in him.

Archived