BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

That was simply diabolical.

No pattern of play, in the main no spirit and virtually no hope.

It was men against boys and Burnley won in a canter and it could easily have been 4 or 5.

Defensively, we are a shambles with our two full backs enormous weak links.  Even Mulgrew looked very ordinary though not surprising when playing with such collective c r @ p.

Smallwood at least puts himself about a bit.  Chapman looks to have something about him and I can see him being a huge threat in Division 1, however, didn't like the way he ducked a couple of challenges in the first half hour.  Still scratching my head as to why we've signed Whittingham - looks like another in a recent long line of players here to top up their pension.

Up front, Gladwin and Antonnson were utter garbage.  At least Samuel posed some threat when he was introduced.

Mowbray MUST revert to 442 - our players do not have the quality or intelligence to play otherwise.

The way our security people DID NOT deal with two idiotic Rovers' fans who ran on the pitch when Burnley scored just about sums up our club.  I think we are a shambles from top to bottom and everywhere you look.

A sad, sad night for Rovers' fans.  The simple truth is Burnley are now light years ahead of us.  Our future looks dismal especially if that's the best Mowbray can do for our team when everyone was acutely aware of how important games with Burnley are to the fans.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That was simply diabolical.

No pattern of play, in the main no spirit and virtually no hope.

It was men against boys and Burnley won in a canter and it could easily have been 4 or 5.

Defensively, we are a shambles with our two full backs enormous weak links.  Even Mulgrew looked very ordinary though not surprising when playing with such collective c r @ p.

Smallwood at least puts himself about a bit.  Chapman looks to have something about him and I can see him being a huge threat in Division 1, however, didn't like the way he ducked a couple of challenges in the first half hour.  Still scratching my head as to why we've signed Whittingham - looks like another in a recent long line of players here to top up their pension.

Up front, Gladwin and Antonnson were utter garbage.  At least Samuel posed some threat when he was introduced.

Mowbray MUST revert to 442 - our players do not have the quality or intelligence to play otherwise.

The way our security people DID NOT deal with two idiotic Rovers' fans who ran on the pitch when Burnley scored just about sums up our club.  I think we are a shambles from top to bottom and everywhere you look.

A sad, sad night for Rovers' fans.  The simple truth is Burnley are now light years ahead of us.  Our future looks dismal especially if that's the best Mowbray can do for our team when everyone was acutely aware of how important games with Burnley are to the fans.

Prediction for Saturday then, Merce? 4-1 Rovers at a canter?

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bennett couldn't have looked more disinterested if he tried.

Whereas I thought he was one of only a few who put a shift in. He covered loads of space, chased down etc. Everything the rest of them should have done.

A very mundane and at times, cowardly performance this evening.  Didn't have any of the effort and passion a derby should. When Saturday comes, one up top needs to be binned off. Samuel, Evans, Conway to start next match. 

Gulf was too big but sadly it's to be expected when you take a well managed & coached Prem team v what I fear will turn out to be just a very average, averagely coached league 1 team, I think this season will show nothing more than that.

The team and manager seriously lack a big pair of gonads or three.

12 minutes ago, cesus said:

I've got a few Dingle mates (maybe not the time to admit!) and they make a decent point re Dyche, he isn't a quick fix. They said the original football was dire and he started rather indifferently which isn't acceptable in the premier league. He is a long term appointment and needs time to address the whole ethos and mentality of the playing side of the club, prem teams don't afford managers that time. He becomes a risk when he asks for time at a club like West Ham when they need prem money to fund the 5+ players on north of £100k per week.

Thoughtful point...Dyche got his football grounding under Clough, hence we have had 1 booking for dissent in 4 years & he has his tentacles into every aspect of the Club, hence development of training ground, expansion of scouting system etc & crucially a Board who are receptive and didn't panic when we were last relegated. He's sent the players out into the Town and surrounding area, to meet fan & community groups, to create a real bond between the two..

Sometimes a club and manager just suit...I take no pleasure in Rover's current status, would much rather see us battling it out in the top flight !  .

I don't get this 'resting players' nonsense, never have and never will. But why do the average Joe's never get rested? Williams simply isn't good enough and certainly Jack Doyle should have started. The midfield pairing of Evans and Smallwood worked a treat on Saturday so Mowbray brings in Whittingham who has hardly contributed anything in his previous appearances. Conway and Bennett also did well at Bradford so he benches them and brings in the woeful Feeney. Antonsson looked like a little boy lost at times. Samuels at least gave their centre halves something to think about. Mowbray has to accept his part in the defeat tonight with his nonsensical changes. Anything less than a win on Saturday and the knives could well be out for him.

But what really hurt tonight more than anything was 5,000 dingles singing 'stand up if you love Venkys'. 

I despise them Indians so much.

Sad but not unexpected. Can't blame Tony or the players really, Sky TV, huge transfers and wages, and crap owners. Lethal mix.

Moved to Halifax recently, what an eye opener, in all respects, next match I'm off to the Shay stadium.

Footie in it's death throws.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I know you don't like Bennett but wtf were you watching? The game changed when he went into midfield. @#/? clueless.

You beat me to it but I tried to remain kind. One of the daftest points of view I've seen on here for quite some time. This team needs more players with Bennett's attitude and effort.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I know you don't like Bennett but wtf were you watching? The game changed when he went into midfield. @#/? clueless.

Rubbish. He played a couple of decent crossfield balls but when one of his team mates had the ball there was no movement in him whatsoever. Just strolling about hands on hips without a care in the world

50 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

It was a shocker from Tony. No contest game. The starting 11 would struggle to score against St Peters so they never were going to do anything against a well organised premiership club. Tony knew that I'm sure. Gally on radio lancs spoke about looking at Burnley and aiming to be at that level. You're wrong Gally. We should be looking at MK Dons on Saturday and no further. We need to win on Saturday.  

Agree . Our Manager is a likeable man but useless in the job.who was our central  striker tonight? Both candidates were too wide and too deep and ended up marking Burnleys full backs.

my first game tonite but our squad is much weaker than it was last season , no creativity and no threat whatsoever. No idea where Mowbray thinks his 80 goals are coming from.He can't set a team up and going forward we are clueless.

Everything Venkys have done to us and turned us into was laid bare tonight.

Burnley strolled it. Thanks very much Venkys now disappear.

The biggest problem bar our lack of ability was team selection and tactics.

Lumping it up to a lone striker who couldn't out jump a pygmy was a shocking tactic and we persisted with it for 60+ minutes.Genius tactics.

I said before the team didn't have enough bite in it and it didn't. Both goals came because only Smallwood could put a foot in, there wasn't a tackle between the rest of them and so Burnley waltzed through. Not sure how the back 4 needing adequate protection escaped our genius of a manager's notice and we were badly punished for it.

Yes the opposition was poor but some of our players were rank awful. Feeney should never play again, his second touch was always a tackle. Whittingham looks a waste of space - lightweight and offered virtually nothing with his passing. The full backs are poor. Caddis has the nous but is totally unfit- my 94 year old Nan is faster and in better shape. Williams tries but just isn't very good. As for the striker from Leeds after a bright opening 5 minutes he became the invisible man. All nowhere near th standard requires for a promotion push.

As I posted earlier, we are going to get hammered:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4817526/Blackburn-0-2-Burnley-Match-report.html

Don't know the name of our security supremo (bloke with grey hair, glasses and grey suit) but he should be told to clear his desk tonight.  The response of the stewards was abysmal.  Our security man ambled on as though he was on a Sunday stroll and it actually looked to me as though he was beckoning ambulance personnel to go on to the pitch and sort it out.  IMV, as spineless and clueless as our football team. 

1 minute ago, Pedro said:

You beat me to it but I tried to remain kind. One of the daftest points of view I've seen on here for quite some time. This team needs more players with Bennett's attitude and effort.

Did Lambert bring Bennett in by any chance?  if so we know why Rev doesn't rate him.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Rubbish. He played a couple of decent crossfield balls but when one of his team mates had the ball there was no movement in him whatsoever. Just strolling about hands on hips without a care in the world

How the @#/? can you single out Bennett of all people as being poor tonight? You're deluded mate. Bennett is one of if not the most consistent player we have, and no not consistently rubbish. He's going too be key for us this season, if we had 11 players who played with the effort and commitment of Bennett we wouldn't go far wrong. The lad is a true professional and too single him out on a night where all our players underperformed is ridiculous. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

If you think that you honestly do not have a clue what you're talking about, a shocking opinion, just wrong.

Archived