BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Did Lambert bring Bennett in by any chance?  if so we know why Rev doesn't rate him.

I agree, Bennett at least looked interested though did snatch at one chance and dragged woefully wide.  Stands out like a beacon in a sea of sewage.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I though Bennett had a good game either tbh. The other two subs caught the eye much more and had significantly more impact (not that it made much difference!) He certainly wasn't one of the poorer players though by a long stretch. Didn't cause me to groan much like the performance of the aforementioned culprits in previous post. Far from the worst Rovers player out there Imo, but didn't shine or look particularly promising.

One player I did notice a lot was Smallwood. Got stuck in well but appalling technique and distribution.

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't get this 'resting players' nonsense, never have and never will. But why do the average Joe's never get rested?

Especially this early into the season. I mean wtf? If professional players aren't fit enough then something is seriously wrong.

If they are worried about them getting injured - then how far does it go? Should they be rested at home to MK Dons because the big Lancs derby vs Fleetwood is just 1 week later? WTF?

43 minutes ago, Butty said:

A sign of how far we've fallen when our fans are resorting too stuff like this, one of their fans did the same to Savage when we played them in the FA Cup 13 years ago or however long it was. That was when they were a @#/? team and now that applies to us we are doing things like that. Sign of the times or what. :mellow:

IMG_8486.PNG

You know something is wrong when a fan and steward rolling on the floor becomes the most entertaining part of the match.

very disappointed result.

Didn't understand why we change 5 players from Saturday. Feeney, Gladwin, Whittingham poor. Antonsson had no chance against their centre backs of Long and Tarowski.

Williams was poor and I would be bringing in Jack Doyle on Saturday

I thought bringing on Bennett, Conway and Samuel help us going forward but we didn't press them enough and force the to play it long. Thought Chapman and Smallwood were the only players who had good game from the starting 11

Rovers are very likely to be fine by the FA for 2 fans running on the pitch and 1 attacking Brady. crazy scenes. as is fans bringing flares to the game. unacceptable and Burnley FC should also face punishment for their fans for them

12 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Thoughtful point...Dyche got his football grounding under Clough, hence we have had 1 booking for dissent in 4 years & he has his tentacles into every aspect of the Club, hence development of training ground, expansion of scouting system etc & crucially a Board who are receptive and didn't panic when we were last relegated. He's sent the players out into the Town and surrounding area, to meet fan & community groups, to create a real bond between the two..

Sometimes a club and manager just suit...I take no pleasure in Rover's current status, would much rather see us battling it out in the top flight !  .

I think its pushing it to the extreme to attribute or compare Dyche's managerial abilities to Brian Cloughs. Just because he spent time at Forest whilst Clough was losing the plot there. He never made a single first team appearance and was swiftly shipped out to Chesterfield where he began a journeyman career in the lower leagues.

Dyche isn't an idiot and one of his strongest skills is to 'play the officials'. Every time I have the misfortune to see Burnley play he spends almost as much time berating the 4th official as he does communicating with his team. He knows that if he applies sufficient pressure to the officials then eventually decisions will start to go their way. Some will call it smart, others will be less complimentary. When you have clueless/weak officials, as are in abundance particularly in the Championship/Lge One and a manager/players who know how to deal with them then decisions come your way. 

An example tonight would be the foul late on Conway, which received a yellow. I believe from people who have seen the video replay that this was twice as bad as Cahill's challenge that earned Chelsea a red card last week yet once again the decisions aren't consistent.

The other things you list - training ground, scouting etc. are things all managers should have involvement in. Not something unique to Burnley.

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

As I posted earlier, we are going to get hammered:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4817526/Blackburn-0-2-Burnley-Match-report.html

Don't know the name of our security supremo (bloke with grey hair, glasses and grey suit) but he should be told to clear his desk tonight.  The response of the stewards was abysmal.  Our security man ambled on as though he was on a Sunday stroll and it actually looked to me as though he was beckoning ambulance personnel to go on to the pitch and sort it out.  IMV, as spineless and clueless as our football team. 

Certainly makes a complete mockery of the ticket, segregation and police overkill when people literally stroll on. Thee'll be upper tiers only opened for this fixture next all next because of a couple of @#/? heads and a whole host who can't do what they are paid to do.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley FC should also face punishment for their fans for them

Will the Burnley player(s) who tackled the pitch invader be dealt with by the FA?

Whilst there's no excuse for a fan running onto the pitch to confront a player, I'm not sure how a Burnley player grabbing hold of the individual and throwing him to the floor can be overlooked by the 'authorities'.

why all the negativity just got back from match. Good effort ok we got beat but lets be positive we want out of this league and championship football next season so lets get behind the team, we know where we want to be so lets bring positivety to the games and see the picture we wish to create ie championship football next season come on everybody be fair,

Negative:

Whittingham is @#/? awful, this game confirmed what I was saying in the other thread, a shocking signing. Nothing of a player and we should ask him to find another club. Games he has started: lost 3 out of 3, games he hasn't started: won 2 out of 2, says it all really.

Ward is hopeless. Caddis is an old man playing a young man's game. Williams is just a bad, bad footballer. Antonsson looked like a waste of space. Gladwin, what is he? Soft as @#/?.

Mowbray is clueless (like we all knew), picked the wrong team again.

Positives:

Second half was pretty even.

Bennett and Conway need to start. Mulgrew is Mulgrew, a class above. Samuel looks a player. Chapman has something about him and should start on Saturday.

We should be able to go up, with clueless Tony, or without him.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Will the Burnley player(s) who tackled the pitch invader be dealt with by the FA?

Whilst there's no excuse for a fan running onto the pitch to confront a player, I'm not sure how a Burnley player grabbing hold of the individual and throwing him to the floor can be overlooked by the 'authorities'./

what his he meant to do? the fan on the pitch could have a weapon or something?

what would you do if you attacked by a strange? just stand there?

Just now, blackburnforever said:

why all the negativity just got back from match. Good effort ok we got beat but lets be positive we want out of this league and championship football next season so lets get behind the team, we know where we want to be so lets bring positivety to the games and see the picture we wish to create ie championship football next season come on everybody be fair,

You mean apart from the result, the weakened team, the appalling tactics, the ease with which Burnley scored, the lack of chances, the appalling performances by half our team, some clowns running on the pitch, the security competing with our midfield as to who's slower to react - and again the fact it's sodding Burnley? No reason at all Tony!

The response of our stewards was frankly embarrassing... seriously never seen anything like it... where was the common sense approach or have they been told not to go onto the pitch... yet again we are the most embarrassing thing in the whole of British football .. 

Just now, Pedro said:

You beat me to it but I tried to remain kind. One of the daftest points of view I've seen on here for quite some time. This team needs more players with Bennett's attitude and effort.

Very surprised an experienced observer like yourself is receivex by Bennett PB. We only gained a modicum of attacking impetus tonight when Samuel came on. He had a bit of fire in his belly. The rest looked as though they had accepted the result when we went 2 down.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Very surprised an experienced observer like yourself is receivex by Bennett PB. We only gained a modicum of attacking impetus tonight when Samuel came on. He had a bit of fire in his belly. The rest looked as though they had accepted the result when we went 2 down.

Heads went down when Burnley scored their first goal !

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

We gained the attacking impetus when Whittingham went off and Bennet went into midfield, @#/? me.

Mowbray has a lot to answer for with his selection tonight. I felt the introductions of Bennett, Conway and Samuel all improved our performance and functioning but by then it was far too late and it was damage limitation really. If they had a positive manager who wanted to really make us suffer they probably could have humiliated us tonight, so for me having been 2-0 down at half time I'm actually relieved to have escaped with that at full time. Such a shame that's what I and we have been reduced to but suffering is to be expected in this era of the club's history. Smallwood ok. Antonsson invisible for large spells. Defence a shambles.

Beyond that it is nights like tonight that just bring into sharp focus the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers. A club bereft of any direction, pride, determination. An atmosphere of weary resignation around the ground and on the pitch for large spells. A joke setup handing over freedom of Ewood to that lot whilst our own disillusioned support base sees just 11,000 turn up for the derby. The whole thing makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Highly concerned about this manager's eagerness to make numerous changes to personnel and formation game by game. We need a settled system and side and need to stick with that to get some consistency going. He's heaped the pressure on himself for MK Dons which is now a must win game.

As I said the moment the draw was made last week I didnt want to play them. I would have preferred away at Plymouth if the rules allowed it as I expected more or less what we got tonight. It really did baffle me to see so many Rovers fans getting excited for this fixture when the odds were always heavily stacked against us. I didn't want us to play them again until we're back in the same division and I repeat that now. 

Just now, Blue blood said:

One final point - the flares. We were searched on entering the ground and I assume their fans were too. In which case how did they get the flares in? Could be mistaken but seems another black mark against our security.

Good point !

I got frisked/searched and so did others even older than me !

Fecking ridiculous - those with the flares were probably 30+ years younger than me and were probably not touched !

like i say dont forget the bigger picture  I wouldn't have put a full stength team out crackers when our objective is to get promoted, dont forget we are playing against prem league the second half wasn't bad in terms of effort 43 games to get out of this league dont forget this game you dont get any points for come on rovers championship football next season if we give everything to this cause it can be achieved.

Archived