BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Burnley

18 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Rubbish. He played a couple of decent crossfield balls but when one of his team mates had the ball there was no movement in him whatsoever. Just strolling about hands on hips without a care in the world

Probably knackered from doing everyone else's running and covering their mistakes

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarassing, totally humiliating and as suspected and I know I'm not the only one whose lost a lot of faith in Mowbray after that game.

For the third time this season, not only have we been beaten but we've not put up a fight, are they even playing for him?

Team selection was 2 fingers to the fans, and most of his signings are rubbish.

Antonsson and Gladwin literally did absolutely nothing of any use, I don't understand why Chapman is being praised he bottles tackles and again did nothing of note.

And Raya flaps too much and his kicking his awful, he can't put confidence into the defence.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Another Tom Cairney for me. He doesn't do enough often enough to be a top level Premier League player. 

Ya, he is inconsistent. Both at their best I would have to say Cairney has more talent although Brady is more of a grafter. Which is probably why he is in the premier league 

We were never going to win this game , it was the worst tie we could have drawn ...

For a 3rd Division team to beat a Prem team (albeit a poor one ) you need ..

1  to field our strongest team 

2 opponents to field a weakened team 

3 Luck 

Burnley last season , lost to Stanley in league cup and Lincoln at home Fa cup...

Mowbray has no idea of his best starting 11 or a system that works ..

Dyche demands effort from his charges but he his also no fool , he couldn't afford to lose to Rovers after last season misdemeanors  ..

Best team won by country mile but it is not the end of the world ...

Burnley are a well drilled Prem side , with a very good manager but their players are in the majority just championship quality ...

Just shows what a good manager can do , unfortunately or leaders do not respect that role ...

I also , think Burnley will be relegated , their record in 2017 is very worrying !

5 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

We were never going to win this game , it was the worst tie we could have drawn ...

For a 3rd Division team to beat a Prem team (albeit a poor one ) you need ..

1  to field our strongest team 

2 opponents to field a weakened team 

3 Luck 

Burnley last season , lost to Stanley in league cup and Lincoln at home Fa cup...

Mowbray has no idea of his best starting 11 or a system that works ..

Dyche demands effort from his charges but he his also no fool , he couldn't afford to lose to Rovers after last season misdemeanors  ..

Best team won by country mile but it is not the end of the world ...

Burnley are a well drilled Prem side , with a very good manager but their players are in the majority just championship quality ...

Just shows what a good manager can do , unfortunately or leaders do not respect that role ...

I also , think Burnley will be relegated , their record in 2017 is very worrying !

Disagree slightly. I think 2 should be 'not important enough to opposition team'.

It’s painful to say but I don’t begrudge Burnley’s success as they have done what we should be doing. A small town team with limited funds but being carefully managed both on and off the pitch. Everything we are not at the moment. They may well come down of course but is anyone confident we are going up? And if they do go down I doubt they will display the stupidity and recklessness that we have done in the last 7 years. Wheel of fortune indeed. Pitiful and tragic. But then I know you already know this. I salute anyone trying to reverse the black comedy that is now Rovers.

Good post sympatheticclaret.

Agree with Glen. What is the identity of that team? What is the strategy? A passing side? Not good enough. A power game with strong forwards etc? Nope. Presumably there is no strategy to building a coherent side other than ‘who can we get on a free, or for nothing, teens, or has-beens, rejects, favours, tax reasons etc.’ I’d quite happily accept the old Wimbledon style game or whatever so long as you get the appropriate personnel and it shows coherence. I guess it must be hard attracting anyone here anymore except those left at the bottom of the heap. I mean would you?

There’s been some nadirs over the last 7 years but Wednesday night must be top of the list ….for the moment.

You lot are all fecking nuts if you think there's any future under Venky's. Burnley are vastly superior than us in all aspects, we won't finish in the top 2, it will get worse than before it gets any better. It's too late to try and fight them, the boat has been missed. The only way out if waiting now.

Like any business, if the bosses don't care about it then it goes to pot.

3 hours ago, cmb211087 said:

Just found out I went to school with the idiot who attacked the Burnley players. He wasn't the brightest of the bunch back then but has clearly got worse since!

The most passion shown all night, in fact the most passion shown for years! however misplaced it may have been.

Sad reading some of the comments. Yes I expected us to Lose last night, I like to try and be a realist. The scum last night was the worst draw we could have had, always on to a loser. Shows how far we've falling when I'm glad they didn't spank us 5nil. Until venkys disappear then there'll be a constant cancer of this club, I hope Mowbray turns it around but I'm lacking in confidence. Anything less then 3 points against that plastic outfit MK and we shall be playing in this division next season.... IMO  

Some fans need to get a grip on reality, we were always going to lose, Burnely are in terms of football way ahead of us, 2 divisions and vastly better organised than BRFC.

Time some accepted it and swallowed the bitter pill.

Dingles have had to swallow it for 36yrs and more, now its our turn. Get over it and move on.

8 hours ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Agreed,we are good at paying high wages(for our level)and doleing out generous contracts.

The real miss last night was Lenihan(still injured???).Thought Mowbray took the three worst performers off,given he had no suitable better defenders on the bench.There always seems a marked reluctance to substitute defenders unless injured. At least Antonsson ran about a bit in the best Jason Lowe traditions,not sure Feeney or Whittingham even did that!

Whilst we might not have the ability of a Premier League side,our fitness levels are just awful..something only Lambert adressed in his short time here. Mowbray saying he had no other options..what about Tomlinson(instead of Whittingham)or Rankin-Costello for Feeney.Can they really perform any worse?

Will we ever see Lenihan in a Rovers shirt again?

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think he will get in there and do well. Good hardworking pro. Definitely no Duffer 

Why such a love in for Brady? Living in Burnley I am unfortunately more qualified than most to speak on this, and I've said already everyone of my Burnley supporting mates don't rate Brady whatsoever. Regular starter in the prem? Not good enough. And yes definitely no Damien Duffer ;)

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Some fans need to get a grip on reality, we were always going to lose, Burnely are in terms of football way ahead of us, 2 divisions and vastly better organised than BRFC.

Dingles have had to swallow it for 36yrs and more, now its our turn. Get over it and move on.

it's not that we lost and Burnley were far superior, it is the fact that the players did not seem to be making any effort.

The only time we seemed to be threatening was when Mowbray played 2 up front (shock!)

All i ask is that every game, we play like our lives depend on it and if we lose then so be it but @#/?! let's go down fighting!

8 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Yes,fair enough...let's just hope to hell we don't have to suffer these Venky morons for another 36 years of sustained embarrassment.

I just don't think the vast majority of us will ever forget nor get over what has happened these last seven years.Every season gets worse than the last,a continuum of utter Rao induced shyte.

We're a club with zero leadership or purpose,a shadow of our proud former being and I for one am sick to the back fookin teeth of it.

:angry:

9 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Should we get a grip on the reality that our players can't pass to each other or control simple balls?

Another poster missing the point that it's not the quality of the opposition. Its the stupid formations and lack of quality in the players we are putting in the pitch. 

People say J-Lowe would be better in this team. I disagree but if you watch Gladwin letting Brady stroll past him for the second goal it's J-Low-esque.

If we fail to set the team up correctly and fail to get the right personal on the pitch, we will fail regardless of the opposition. It happened at Southend. It happened versus Doncaster. It happened on Wednesday.

If people are accepting that we reverted to these obvious failings because the opposition were obviously better than us then it's those people losing their 'grip on reality'.

42 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Should we get a grip on the reality that our players can't pass to each other or control simple balls?

Another poster missing the point that it's not the quality of the opposition. Its the stupid formations and lack of quality in the players we are putting in the pitch. 

People say J-Lowe would be better in this team. I disagree but if you watch Gladwin letting Brady stroll past him for the second goal it's J-Low-esque.

If we fail to set the team up correctly and fail to get the right personal on the pitch, we will fail regardless of the opposition. It happened at Southend. It happened versus Doncaster. It happened on Wednesday.

If people are accepting that we reverted to these obvious failings because the opposition were obviously better than us then it's those people losing their 'grip on reality'.

You clearly think we're better than we are.

The players did ok against Premiership opposition, but got shown up for what they are, 3rd division players.

The sooner posters/fans buy into the fact we've got bang average players, playing for a bang average manager, and we've not got a god given right to win matches the better.

No idea why people think the players could care less about playing Burnley. Fair enough its a big game for the fans but to the millionaire players just another game. Obviously you get people like dunn who are supporters as well as players but that's an exception. To most of them its a job end of.

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

He used that game to look at other players and give them some game time, oh and rest Evans after we've got him fit for International duty again ffs !!!

Ok that swapping around is the norm in this comp for a lot of teams and fair enough but not when you play your fiercest rivals, doesn't matter that they'll make changes as well because they are two leagues above, that actually presents you with an opportunity if you play your near strongest side. Imagine Souness or Hughes or even Big Sam approaching this fixture like that ?

Use the checkatrade farce to experiment !

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Use the checkatrade farce to experiment !

We made 5 changes to the starting 11 that won at Bradford. The joke is that under the old Checkatrade Trophy rules we would be in line for a fine for fielding a weakened side!

They've relaxed the rules a bit this season but we still have to play at least 4 from the previous starting 11 so I wonder who the lucky 4 will be to play Stoke's reserves next week?

16 hours ago, cmb211087 said:

Just found out I went to school with the idiot who attacked the Burnley players. He wasn't the brightest of the bunch back then but has clearly got worse since!

He is a guy called Jordan Woods and as well as it being his Birthday it was his daughters first birthday too.

28 minutes ago, Boaty said:

No idea why people think the players could care less about playing Burnley. Fair enough its a big game for the fans but to the millionaire players just another game. Obviously you get people like dunn who are supporters as well as players but that's an exception. To most of them its a job end of.

You are right. Some people on here won't like this (not that I care) but our fans aren't the best at supporting players on the pitch and too many would put more effort into tearing a strip off of them than driving them on. We need to stop sulking and be the 12th man, EVERY single week.  Most of those players won't give their all for us YET because they've been here for five games. As daft as it sounds, although underdogs, this game came way too early because we need to build a relationship between supporters and players. If they got the season off to a flier it would have been much easier as we would have trust and belief in them and they would have our full support.  Unfortunately, some of them are virtual strangers and those who have featured had an awful start and now they are tentatively playing in fear of a fan backlash.  It was obvious that the other day, the majority of them didn't stand up and be counted but to be fair, we are two leagues and millions of investment apart.  Physically, Burnley were bigger and better - but so they should be, it's them who now splash the cash.  What I personally will never accept is players panicking and not busting a gut for us - on Wed they panicked too much and didn't put in enough effort or didn't have the energy to do it after not letting the ball cover the distance.  Regardless, we can't wait for one of them to do something special to fire us up as supporters, we must be the ones to fire these young lads and misfits up.

Moving forward into a massively important season, we MUST also get behind them and drive them on in the league matches, not just when the pig ticklers turn up.  This season simply has to be the one we push the reset button, stop dwelling on all the @#/? that we have put up with (it has been horrible, it happened, we know - but imo, only success will rid the club of the owners!) and help create something great again, or else we will encourage a poisonous atmosphere, then at best bob around and then drop further.  Let's separate the Blackburn Rovers on the pitch and in the stands, from those that have no right to be connected to us.  Those players really need us this season and we really need some pride back.  I honestly believe that the likes of Bennett, Dack, Conway, Samuel, Mulgrew, Chapman, Evans and Smallwood have shown either attitude or ability to give real glimmers of hope for us potentially doing very well in this league and I hope they and us can drive the rest on.

We are 3 games in and we seem to be on Tony's case .I understand we have had our funds mismanaged from The glorious Years of Jack Walker and we will probably never see a team and Backroom staff as strong for sometime , but seriously a new squad which yes Tony picked , However I doubt any manager can turn a team around from last season in such early stages .

Yes we should be better(understatement) and I agree with a lot of comments on both sides but can we give Managers at least till Christmas before giving them such a hard time, let them do the job they have been brought in to do.

We all know where the problem lies and I feel it will take a little longer before we can Judge Tony .

Archived