BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where to drink in Bradford

Hello Rovers fans, Bantam fan in peace.

I understand there will be a more than healthy following coming across from the Pennines for this match so thought you would appreciate a heads up on the best places to drink - for those of you who are intending on having a few anyway!

If you are arriving by train and come into Bradford via the Interchange then I would suggest making the short walk from the station to City Park – easily found as it fronts on to City Hall. Just look for the tall clock tower in front of you as you leave the station. For cheap and cheerful there is the Turls Green (Westherspoons). However, I would recommend taking in Sunbridge Wells – a subterranean complex of bars (7 in total I think) which is located behind the Turls Green (just go through the passage between Turls Green and Starbuks and you will see it straight ahead). These bars are about 20 minutes’ walk from the ground though, so keep that in mind.

Link to Sunbridge Wells:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Sunbridge+Wells/@53.7938312,-1.7551871,3a,75y,79h,90t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipPv4aadnw7DmO0YtMFz5aVzXrJyytERdELoDBbC!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipPv4aadnw7DmO0YtMFz5aVzXrJyytERdELoDBbC%3Dw129-h106-k-no-pi-2.9999962-ya146.49998-ro-0-fo100!7i4608!8i2304!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf13c94a73081e1f6!8m2!3d53.7936307!4d-1.7553442

If you are short on time then you will need to be making your way towards Valley Parade, therefore I would recommend North Parade. A street full of independent bars and only a 10 minutes’ walk from the ground. Great beers and vibrant atmosphere on match days.

Also worthy of note is City Vaults, opposite Waterstones and close to the Broadway Shopping Centre. This is about 15 minutes’ walk from the ground.

If you arrive at Forster Square station then City Vaults and North Parade are your best bets. This is the nearest station to the ground as well.

Parking is bit rubbish close to the ground; you may find the odd space down some of the nearby side streets but be warned there is a road closure planned on Midland Road on the day of the game. For cheap, safe and secure I would recommend parking at the Broadway Shopping Centre - £1.50 for the entire day. If you park there then expect a 15 minutes’ walk to the ground.

Hope you enjoy the day, but not the result ;-) Fingers crossed for a great match and atmosphere at the very least.

A kind and friendly post @Jimbobaroo

Our Owners, the Chicken killers, do not condescend to go to matches so the Bantams are in no danger from them.

TMs team are only a danger to themselves, so far at least.

We are due at least a point though but I suspect it will not be at Valley Parade.

I have always liked your teams colours btw.

I enjoy a good away trip so appreciate how important it is to know where the watering holes are. 

Blackburn's start has been far from perfect but I think most expect you to adjust to league 1 pretty quickly. As soon as you have I have no doubt a rapid rise will follow - Sheffield United is a perfect example from last season.

Don't think anyone is fooled by the poor start from a Bradford perspective. More a case of 'beware of the wounded animal! I think you'll get a response this Saturday so it should make for an interesting game.

11 hours ago, Jimbobaroo said:

Blackburn's start has been far from perfect but I think most expect you to adjust to league 1 pretty quickly. As soon as you have I have no doubt a rapid rise will follow - Sheffield United is a perfect example from last season.

It took Sheffield United 6 years to adjust...

• Backroom

I'm driving over tomorrow so might take your advice on parking at the shopping centre. Thank you very much for coming in and giving us the info! May the best team win.

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Thanks for your thoughtful post Jimbobaroo. Could you recommend anywhere with good quality pub grub for us please?

We're arriving by train at Bradford Interchange. Many thanks.

For good pub grub I would suggest City Vaults. Alternatively you could go and eat in Sunbridge Wells. Enjoyed a great burger in the Alibi Bar which has an upmarket vibe. Not eaten in Wallers Brewery yet but they also serve food. There are other bars serving food as well - Sunbridge Lounge for example - but that is tapas so not exactly 'pub grub'.

48 minutes ago, jumpin' said:

I had 'Saltaire?? Blonde' & a couple of Bradford ale's in the bottom bar, and  summat similar in the Rose & Crown.

Yep, Saltaire Brewery.  A mate works for them.  He regularly delivers to the Bowland Beer Hall in Clitheroe so it can be found on the right side of the Pennines

Archived