BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

Whether his name is an omen or not, there surely has to be a discussion as to whether this lad should be in the squad / on the bench in the near future.

He's not too young by any stretch but could be a little raw. Hard to ignore his form though. And let's face it, it's League One, not the PL.

Thoughts?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

For me he's got to be worth a shot I said in the other thread I think in this league a bit of pace and power goes a long way.

Think he could be more effective than an immobile Graham 

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Whether his name is an omen or not, there surely has to be a discussion as to whether this lad should be in the squad / on the bench in the near future.

He's not too young by any stretch but could be a little raw. Hard to ignore his form though. And let's face it, it's League One, not the PL.

Thoughts?

Stuart his agent Simon Conning will love your thread...... now we will see the dice heads posting positive platitudes.

He should be given a go. If I'd have been manager in summer, I would have brought a load of them through to fill first team positions. I was watching Sky Sports News today and didn't realise another one from our youth set-up had gone:

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-potters-snap-up-young-blackburn-winger/story-30437163-detail/story.html 

This is another lad who's jumped ship to the top flight. Serious questions need to be asked at the  next fans' forum meeting, as to why we're even bothering to fund the academy if we're not bothering with the talent that's being produced. 

6 hours ago, scotchrover said:

He should be given a go. If I'd have been manager in summer, I would have brought a load of them through to fill first team positions. I was watching Sky Sports News today and didn't realise another one from our youth set-up had gone:

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-potters-snap-up-young-blackburn-winger/story-30437163-detail/story.html 

This is another lad who's jumped ship to the top flight. Serious questions need to be asked at the  next fans' forum meeting, as to why we're even bothering to fund the academy if we're not bothering with the talent that's being produced. 

Had high hopes for Tre Pemberton, a player with flair and had some pace. Really gut wrenching to see all the youth that we've spent time and money on go on to produce for some other team. Some people will always say they're not ready for this level but I've found in life it's good to be thrown in at the deep end, shows what you're made of. Just imagine him and Mahonney injecting a bit of pace into this current side! As for this Nuttall lad I think we have to give him a shot in the first team, I know he's not been with the youth set up long but his confidence must be sky high, something we are lacking in abundance at the moment.

7 hours ago, JAL said:

Stuart his agent Simon Conning will love your thread...... now we will see the dice heads posting positive platitudes.

The happier Simon Conning is about Joe Nuttall then that is good for us Rovers fans...surely. Joe is after all a Rovers player.

Personally I think anyone called Joe Nuttall should be the main Rovers striker, it's coming, so smile on Simon.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Mowbray confirms he isn't even giving him a selection problem and he won't be considered

http://audioboom.com/posts/6409299-

Basically he's scored goals but when Tony looks at his attributes he doesn't see him as an option.

Jog on Tony 

We couldn't score in a brothel the other night but a lad who's been scoring for fun isn't considered?

Don't forget he is playing under 23's football only. so its ok scoring goals at that level but League 1 is a much higher standard. how did he do against Bury in checktrade trophy? 

I would like to see involved in first games from the bench. But he shouldn't be starting games when we have Samuel, Dack and Antonsson. 

can anyone regular watcher of the under 23's comment about how he is playing and what he bigger strengths?

• Backroom

Didnt he only get a little while against Bury? Why would you use that as a reason to defend this nonsense 

What about Danny Graham vs Wimbledon, Plymouth and countless others, similar with Samuel.

Those guys aren't doing enough but just been told they won't come under pressure from a lad doing more than enough to warrant a chance.

What else can he do? 

I'd say the lads biggest strengths are the fact he's scoring goals for fun. The nets are the same size at u23 level as well.

Fact of the matter is the comment that he's not even 'giving him a selection headache' is absurd. Of course he should be. Nuttall certainly can't be any worse than Antonsson - who wants sending back to Leeds as a matter of urgency. Graham isn't interested, Samuel's goals have dried up and Dack isn't even a bloody striker.

He should at least be given a chance. We are 16th in the goal scoring charts ffs. Let's try something new. Throwing him on for 25 minutes is hardly going to hurt us.

What a stupid thing to say, Tony

Also odd how the same guy who says "it's ok scoring goals but.." yet criticised anyone who said Antonsson isn't good enough for this level because............he was scoring goals.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't forget he is playing under 23's football only. so its ok scoring goals at that level but League 1 is a much higher standard. how did he do against Bury in checktrade trophy? 

I would like to see involved in first games from the bench. But he shouldn't be starting games when we have Samuel, Dack and Antonsson. 

can anyone regular watcher of the under 23's comment about how he is playing and what he bigger strengths?

You're correct in saying he should get a chance from the bench as it would be crazy to throw him straight in but the step really isn't massive if you've got some good physical attributes about you. This league is full of young lads being blooded it's just TWO steps up from non league if they don't get a chance down here they'll never get one, look at Chapman he's 19 for gods sake and maybe Nuttal has more first team experience than him from his time in jockland although don't quote me on that.

Look at Souness with Gallagher in the Prem, Hughes with Derbyshire in the Prem.

Mowbray lacks the bottle because he's justifying his men.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy, I get your point but how many chances were provided for him against Bury? 

Can you honestly say that Samuel, Dack and Antonsson are great forwards at this level? Antonsson is that good he's been shunted out on the wing, where he's not much cop either. Dack is probably a link man. (what is he supposed to be by the way, forward or attacking midfielder? I genuinely don't know). Samuel I think has tailed off and doesn't offer much and what about Graham, who you didn't mention?

In a club like ours, freshen up the team from the start with players that are straining at the leash.

I'd start with both Chapman on the right and Nuttall up front. If it doesn't work it can be hardly any worse can it?

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

Didnt he only get a little while against Bury? Why would you use that as a reason to defend this nonsense 

What about Danny Graham vs Wimbledon, Plymouth and countless others, similar with Samuel.

Those guys aren't doing enough but just been told they won't come under pressure from a lad doing more than enough to warrant a chance.

What else can he do? 

what nonsense? tbh Tom, you are acting like he the next Alan Shearer or something, we have no idea how he will do in League 1, but we don't have the time to give him game time from the start when we need wins from forthcoming games and getting into the top 2 by end of the seasom . He could become a good player for us in the future but he shouldn't be starting and nowhere near the finish article yet. But with more development he will become the player he 

First choice should Samuel with Dack in 10 role with Antonsson left wing. Nuttalll should be coming off the bench like I said previously. 

The first team players are under pressure from the fans for better performances and wins. plus promtion

Just now, tomphil said:

You're correct in saying he should get a chance from the bench as it would be crazy to throw him straight in but the step really isn't massive if you've got some good physical attributes about you. This league is full of young lads being blooded it's just TWO steps up from non league if they don't get a chance down here they'll never get one, look at Chapman he's 19 for gods sake and maybe Nuttal has more first team experience than him from his time in jockland although don't quote me on that.

Look at Souness with Gallagher in the Prem, Hughes with Derbyshire in the Prem.

Mowbray lacks the bottle because he's justifying his men.

Some very good points.. Or TM has been told to play Antonsson or possibly if Nuttall gets on a clause takes it's course... What a messed up club 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How did Graham play against Bury in the Checkatrade trophy you pratt? Or against Stoke u23s?

Not playing a lad who is scoring for fun when your first choice strikers are awful is just rank bad management. If I was your boss Tony, I would sack you on the spot.

Archived