SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not defending anyone but saying he shouldn't games, Coming off the bench is the right way to do it. Tom is after him starting games

I've been saying for weeks that Nuttall should be coming off the bench and Graham shouldn't even on the bench. did you miss this? Now just on the bandwagon recently. 

Actually agree with this tbh. But end of the day coming of the bench is giving him a chance similar to how Sparky did with Derbyshire, he came of the bench and scored against Fulham end of season if I recall. 

He was pish at Aberdeen and on loan and bar at best kids and part timers he's not had much games against anyone worthwhile, he's 21 so he shouldn't really be playing "development" teams, lads a man. If he's going to make it here give him 30 mins or a cup game to start with.

Well that's a big incentive for the youngsters isn't it? play your @#/? off and the manager still wont consider you. Lack of goals? Lets not play an in form U23s striker, cause he's untested. Test him then. He might come good. The likes of Rankin-Costello, Tomlinson, Travis might as well @#/? off to another L1 team now. Shut the academy, save £3m a year and settle into L1 mediocrity if we're not gonna bother using the youth team.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

It's the way he's gone about it, instead of saying Joe is making it tough for him and is banging down the door for a chance he's said he's not even considering him as his attributes don't make him worth thinking about.  

Anyone still wondering why Mahoney left . 

• Backroom

'untested at this level'

This level is league one Tony, how far do we need to sink before we try some of our young lads?

Ironically Chapman is younger than nuttall and is our most dangerous player, how do they get 'tested' at this level without getting a shot?

2 hours ago, Gav said:

The manager is clearly saying he's not ready.

Do we take his word for it? or the box packers, engineers and shop managers who post on here, incidentally most whom have never seen him kick a ball? 

Tough one  :rolleyes:

I have more faith in the box packers, engineers and shop managers !

Think Mowbray is finished as a football manager.

Conman has probably got him in here on wage after fat Barry owes another agent another favour so others clubs can monitor him. Maybe a deal already lined up and maybe even a few quid profit. 

Some will call it good business or a masterstroke but i'd call it agents vehicle stuff, commission in the bag job sorted then he bangs in a couple against us next season for Bradford or someone.

Hope i'm wrong, it's not particularly about this one player but yet again the bigger pic. We relentlessly give games to another clubs young player who isn't reet good himself, we have another clubs lad on the bench all 17 years of him and we have a blonde dolloper who no one can figure out if he's a midfielder or striker or why they even signed him.

Odd club, TM is certainly setting himself up for a fall if things come apart in ghe next few weeks.

12 minutes ago, Tom said:

'untested at this level'

This level is league one Tony, how far do we need to sink before we try some of our young lads?

Ironically Chapman is younger than nuttall and is our most dangerous player, how do they get 'tested' at this level without getting a shot?

Nuttall is 20 !!!

The likes of Duff and Jones, to name but two, were mixing it successfully in the PL for Rovers well before they reached the age of 20.

I think either Mowbray has lost the plot or the alleged air of mystery still fills the corridors at Ewood/Brockhall - IMV, I think it's a combination of the two.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Yep, cause we've loads of in-form strikers :rolleyes:

If he's good enough he'll get a chance blueboy.

I bet you've never seen him play like the rest on this thread, which makes the calls for his selection a bit of a mockery wouldn't you say?

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Nuttall is 20 !!!

The likes of Duff and Jones, to name but two, were mixing it successfully in the PL for Rovers well before they reached the age of 20.

I think either Mowbray has lost the plot or the alleged air of mystery still fills the corridors at Ewood/Brockhall - IMV, I think it's a combination of the two.

Most probably the stumbling point at this moment in time will be about how much his agent can screw out of Rovers for the big lads continued service.

How much is Nyambe on anyone ?

18 minutes ago, Gav said:

I bet you've never seen him play like the rest on this thread, which makes the calls for his selection a bit of a mockery wouldn't you say?

Not really. If he's banging them in for what used to be called the Reserves then he should be given a chance. That's how football has always worked, especially when your first team players couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've seen him mate. He's not the finished article at all. But, he's quite nippy, brave and exciting. He'd bring something different. An unknown quantity. Plus he keeps scoring. 

Should be on the bench for me.

40 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

I've seen him mate. He's not the finished article at all. But, he's quite nippy, brave and exciting. He'd bring something different. An unknown quantity. Plus he keeps scoring. 

Should be on the bench for me.

Manager clearly doesn't think he's ready, but if we keep missing chances like we did on Tuesday he'll get his chance I'm sure bob.

I have seen him play 6 times this season.  He is a talent and no where near the finished article.  He would however bring something different to what we currently have and it is worth giving him a shot even if it means coming off the bench.  He is confident.

My issue is that way Mowbray put his comments across today, it will be very discouraging for the youngsters as there is already a perception that he doesn't trust youth.  He could have acknowledged that Nuttall has been doing well and simply said if he carries on this kind of form it would make it difficult not to give him a chance.  

Just now, Gav said:

Manager clearly doesn't think he's ready, but if we keep missing chances like we did on Tuesday he'll get his chance I'm sure bob.

If we keep missing chances like those on Tuesday then it won't be TM's problem much longer I suspect.

The club gets a young lad in from Liverpool - the wing back, and a 17 year old from West Brom on loan, yet our U23's don't get near. Strange to say the least. Particularly as they're doing so well. Surely one of them must be worth a look to see if they can step up?

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Certainly agree on this one Gav. We've played 2 strikers or 3 upfront with two wide, and a number 10. We've got Graham, Antonsson and Samuel, Bennett, Chapman, Dack, Conway and Gladwin for a maximum of 3 or 4 positions.

Its probably apt to mention that we'd probably have seen more youngsters had the actual "Seniors" put us in a position to relax a little. It's a catch 22 scenario, if we struggle further by trying to bed in 3/4 more youngsters on top of the relatively green Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Chapman et al - the criticism would be rightly placed at the managers door, if he plays it safer but falls on his more experienced players who fail to produce, he still takes the blame.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

How did Graham do against Bury?

I wasnt there. Thats why I asked how he played. 

Ive said plenty of times I not been impressed by Graham all season. Wasnt impressed by him on Tuesday. Spends far too much time playing the man then watching and playing the ball. 

17 minutes ago, Biz said:

Certainly agree on this one Gav. We've played 2 strikers or 3 upfront with two wide, and a number 10. We've got Graham, Antonsson and Samuel, Bennett, Chapman, Dack, Conway and Gladwin for a maximum of 3 or 4 positions.

Its probably apt to mention that we'd probably have seen more youngsters had the actual "Seniors" put us in a position to relax a little. It's a catch 22 scenario, if we struggle further by trying to bed in 3/4 more youngsters on top of the relatively green Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Chapman et al - the criticism would be rightly placed at the managers door, if he plays it safer but falls on his more experienced players who fail to produce, he still takes the blame.

Strange post. We are talking about one player being given a chance (probably from the bench) to try and improve on our woeful goalscoring record. Where do you get '3 or 4'  from? And why include Lenihan who is fairly experienced now and can hardly be called green and is injured anyway?

50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What did he expect when he just threw a team together with zero preparation ?

Not sure what you're getting at, are these fringe players like Nuttall not playing games? of course they are, he expected a performance from hungry fringe players and got let down badly by all accounts.

Archived