BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Tuesday was probably the best Rovers performance I've seen in a long time rigger, frustrating to have missed so many sitters I agree, but we battered them?

Whilst playing well and having lots of chances is a 'nice to have' the most important thing is winning. Questions should be asked of Mowbray given our current form and position considering what he has spent on players and his budget. A lot of conversations I have had with fellow Rovers fans have been about Mowbray and his shortcomings. The consensus was that he has cost us points this season and I believe that is why questions are being asked. Nobody I actually spoke to mentioned the 's' word but if our points tally doesn't improve soon the frustrations will manifest themselves into nastiness.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, arbitro said:

Whilst playing well and having lots of chances is a 'nice to have' the most important thing is winning. Questions should be asked of Mowbray given our current form and position considering what he has spent on players and his budget. A lot of conversations I have had with fellow Rovers fans have been about Mowbray and his shortcomings. The consensus was that he has cost us points this season and I believe that is why questions are being asked. Nobody I actually spoke to mentioned the 's' word but if our points tally doesn't improve soon the frustrations will manifest themselves into nastiness.

Unless things pick up, its looking like Wigan will be that game.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

There's a new ''fake news' filter been added. You're going to have to change your settings;)

You've already shown yourself up by quoting the wrong post in your haste to get a row going.

It ended badly for you last time you had a pop at me, so my advice is keep on topic or you'll be out to pasture again.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

You've already shown yourself up by quoting the wrong post in your haste to get a row going.

It ended badly for you last time you had a pop at me, so my advice is keep on topic or you'll be out to pasture again.

No I quoted  you but the quote came out as being made by TS. A computer glitch not mine. Try not to threaten me and don't be precious about your posts. I don't agree with you so I offered an alternative opinion. Don't be paranoid or conceited enough to think I want to start an argument with you. If you don't like people disagreeing with you don't post on a MB would be my advice.

Play the ball not the man.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

No I quoted  you but the quote came out as being made by TS. A computer glitch not mine. Try not to threaten me and don't be precious about your posts. I don't agree with you so I offered an alternative opinion. Don't be paranoid or conceited enough to think I want to start an argument with you. If you don't like people disagreeing with you don't post on a MB would be my advice.

You're fooling nobody blueboy, we've seen it all before.

Enjoy the game today, make sure you wrap up well :tu:

46 minutes ago, Gav said:

You should know better than to be calling for the managers head when we're 2 points of the playoffs and only a few weeks into the season.

You should also have realised by now that changing the manager once a season ends one way, badly! hence the fact we're in 3rd division TS!

We shouldn’t call for the manager’s head to be held accountable for his job when...

...a town our size should be happy with a steady mid table club

...we can still stay in the division

...we aren’t in the relegation places

...we are still within reach of survival

...before a ball has been kicked in the division below

...when there is a chance to bounce straight back up

...before 10 games

...til Christmas

...there’s no point now as it’s too late for a new manager to turn it around

...while we are in the reach of the play-off places / top 10 / top half

We are now in the third cycle of this nonsense, two divisions below, and still the same people call for calm / “sanity” / “stability” / “acceptance that nothing will change til Venkys leave so keep your voices down and let the manager do what he likes with complete impunity”.

If we have to accept we are stuck with the Raos then those of us left cannot just accept a stubborn failing manager’s performance as well. If so then there is nothing left but to walk away from Rovers/football.

53 minutes ago, Gav said:

Tuesday was probably the best Rovers performance I've seen in a long time rigger, frustrating to have missed so many sitters I agree, but we battered them?

We couldn’t break down the worst team in the division. Sitters? Were you watching the Liverpool game on your phone? I saw a lot of frustrated play ending in wayward shots from well out of range. The could easily have got a second but for a reaction save from Raya. The best/worst moment and only “sitter” being the unbelievable miss from the Nuttall-Slayer when about two yards out with the goal gaping.

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We couldn’t break down the worst team in the division. Sitters? Were you watching the Liverpool game on your phone? I saw a lot of frustrated play ending in wayward shots from well out of range. The could easily have got a second but for a reaction save from Raya. The best/worst moment and only “sitter” being the unbelievable miss from the Nuttall-Slayer when about two yards out with the goal gaping.

Its interesting that we saw things completely different on Tuesday, in fact the majority of the site thought we were awful? hardly a positive thing to say?

At half time we all said we should be 3/4 up with better finishing, and in the second half we should have had 3/4 more with better finishing. Chapman pulled the ball back to the edge of the box numerous times in 2nd half and we fluffed the shots, we did the same in the first half without Chapman? we created loads of chances in and around the box.

"Much better than Oldham was the popular view"

So how can the 5 of us see things so different than you and the rest of the site? 4 are season ticket holders?

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its interesting that we saw things completely different on Tuesday, in fact the majority of the site thought we were awful? hardly a positive thing to say?

At half time we all said we should be 3/4 up with better finishing, and in the second half we should have had 3/4 more with better finishing. Chapman pulled the ball back to the edge of the box numerous times in 2nd half and we fluffed the shots, we did the same in the first half without Chapman? we created loads of chances in and around the box.

"Much better than Oldham was the popular view"

So how can the 5 of us see things so different than you and the rest of the site? 4 are season ticket holders?

That’s life Gav. Different perspectives.

Would be good if you could remind me of some of those sitters though.

I can remember second half there being so many shots from outside the box going high and wide. Were you the DE or BBE?

Just now, Stuart said:

That’s life Gav. Different perspectives.

Would be good if you could remind me of some of those sitters though.

I can remember second half there being so many shots from outside the box going high and wide. Were you the DE or BBE?

Yes agreed.

BBE - we knocked a number over the bar in the first half and wide of the far post, cutting in from the left.

Same second half, I was up and down like a fiddlers elbow, Chapman put a few on a plate then started putting them straight on to the centres halfs head. But I did miss the the one at the very end which apparently was the worst of the lot....

Just now, Gav said:

Yes agreed.

BBE - we knocked a number over the bar in the first half and wide of the far post, cutting in from the left.

Same second half, I was up and down like a fiddlers elbow, Chapman put a few on a plate then started putting them straight on to the centres halfs head. But I did miss the the one at the very end which apparently was the worst of the lot....

That’s the rub. What you are calling sitters, I called desperation. Chapman terrifies fullbacks and usually has to (and does) beat two markers’butvon Tuesday the end product was lacking.

If the game was so exciting, at 1-1, why did you leave before the end? Was it the Sadloss substitution that ruined your night? :P 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I would expect to batter the bottom team at Ewood. What I would expect also is professional footballers to do the job they are paid for. I agree Tuesday was the best performance in a long while, but that goes to show just how poor we have been. I will say again, I am not enjoying our games

45 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would expect to batter the bottom team at Ewood. What I would expect also is professional footballers to do the job they are paid for. I agree Tuesday was the best performance in a long while, but that goes to show just how poor we have been. I will say again, I am not enjoying our games

Can't disagree with any of that rigger.

As fans we turn up week in week out more out of a sense of duty rather than for the enjoyment!

Hope we win today you enjoy the game pal.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

As fans we turn up week in week out more out of a sense of duty rather than for the enjoyment!

That's the main reason many no longer go. I can't remember the last time I really enjoyed watching rovers play. Probably, as a consistent event, under Hughes. Eventually that lack of enjoyment and feeling were going out of obligation wears most of us down

At 2 or 3 nil up today it would have been perfect time to bring on a young hungry striker to replace Graham when he was knackered and look to kill them off just like the other night was calling for something like that. Gladwin comes on, lopes about then misses a chance your granny would score, today Samuel comes on lopes about then gets sent off !

It'll be interesting if he gets a spot on the bench now or not, no excuse really striker for striker but somehow I think it will be swerved. Who'd be surprised if he picks up a knock in training this week ;)

Leading to more raised eyebrow questions and theories and nudging raging 'Anti Conspiracy' theorist Biz nearer to his final complete meltdown :D

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It'll be interesting if he gets a spot on the bench now or not, no excuse really striker for striker but somehow I think it will be swerved. Who'd be surprised if he picks up a knock in training this week ;)

Leading to more raised eyebrow questions and theories and nudging raging 'Anti Conspiracy' theorist Biz nearer to his final complete meltdown :D

My final complete BRFCS meltdown will be far more explosive TP, at least give me some credit.

Think "Johnson Out"... (euphemism intended) :) 

Archived