BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

• Backroom

Funnily enough after the question was asked; 'would Nuttall have scored Gladwins chance?' 

He had a near identical one last night maybe a little closer but it appears he thought better than passing it to the defender on the line!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mowbray on Nuttall last night. He spells out several attributes which none of our other strikers have together.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/boss-im-delighted-for-nuttall/

However it sounds like once Samuel is back from suspension Nuttall will be back to fourth choice. And Graham working extremely hard? Do me a favour.

Insulting our football intelligence again.

1 hour ago, Garage Flower said:

Came on hassling defenders, forcing errors, looked hungry and he scored. Start him next game. What do we to lose? Can’t stick with Graham half arsing it all game and failing to chase anything down or even challenge for a header.

Mowbray won't start Nuttall against Barnet - he daren't in case he notches 1, 2 or 3 goals which would make him 'undroppable' for Bury and would have Graham, Samuel, Antonnson etc (or whoever looks after them!) throwing their expensive toys out of their prams.  Just my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I am beginning to think Graham , is Mowbrays biggest mistake , like you say 'his legs have gone ' problem is Mowbray nor anyone could see it .....Or they tried to off load him in the summer but no one wanted him !

Rumours someone was offering him about to every championship club because of wages, strange no one bit with his record in there last season. Must still be on a fair whack now or his fitness issues are well known, he played like he had half a wooden leg last season, it's like a whole one now.

• Backroom

Nuttall should be an option ahead of Antonsson up front and on merit now in their last two showings should be picked before Samuel. 

Graham isn't performing but can see why he's our main striker still but he can't just get by on past exploits alone 

No reason for Nuttall not to be at least on the bench from here on in 

Nuttall will be dropped quicker than Chapman. He was saying as much in his post-match interval. As BDS says, a positive manager would start Nuttall and Chapman at the drop of a hat. Unfortunately the stubborn old mule Mowbray has painted himself into a corner with his previous comments on both players and Tony doesn't like to be seen to be wrong.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray won't start Nuttall against Barnet - he daren't in case he notches 1, 2 or 3 goals which would make him 'undroppable' for Bury and would have Graham, Samuel, Antonnson etc (or whoever looks after them!) throwing their expensive toys out of their prams.  Just my opinion of course.

I would be amazed if Nuttall doesn't start on Saturday. After scoring on his debut and be all accounts doing well, even if it was a league game, he should be given his head. It is a no brainer for me to start him and I will be disappointed if he doesn't.

Movement, energy, pressing and a goal. What's not to like? Very impressed with his little cameo last night.

Wring decision imo to bring him on for Graham as I actually think these two would work well as a pair, plus the fact Antonsson is absolute gash and shouldn't have even started.

One more thing, who came up with the song? Come on. Who are you?  "Feed the Nut and he will score"?? I think the irony with reference to Yakubu (Feed the Yak) and even earlier from City for Shaun Goater (Feed the Goat) is a little bit lost on you. For those who are unclear, a Yak is an animal which required feeding, likewise a Goat. To my knowledge you don't actually feed a Nut (at least not in the traditional animalistic sense)

However, it must've made the lad's night to have his name sung.

How ToMo can ignore him now is beyond belief.

12 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Movement, energy, pressing and a goal. What's not to like? Very impressed with his little cameo last night.

Wring decision imo to bring him on for Graham as I actually think these two would work well as a pair, plus the fact Antonsson is absolute gash and shouldn't have even started.

One more thing, who came up with the song? Come on. Who are you?  "Feed the Nut and he will score"?? I think the irony with reference to Yakubu (Feed the Yak) and even earlier from City for Shaun Goater (Feed the Goat) is a little bit lost on you. For those who are unclear, a Yak is an animal which required feeding, likewise a Goat. To my knowledge you don't actually feed a Nut (at least not in the traditional animalistic sense)

Pretty big cameo considering. Mowbray showing indecision and uncertainty and the fact he said "its too big a risk for ME" says an awful lot. Sometimes you have to take risks and sometimes you don't like when Samuel decided to kick someone. That might turn out to be the best thing that could have happened if Nuttall keeps playing his way into full contention.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6409299-rovers-head-coach-tony-mowbray-tells-us-that-striker-joe-nuttall-will-have-to-remain-patient-for-now

From about 2m 40s in:

19/10/17 - "When I look at his attributes it's too big a gamble to give up on (the other strikers at the club)"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15631922.Ewood_Park_point_against_Fleetwood_felt_like_defeat__says_Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray/?ref=mac

31/10/17 - "Joe’s got a lot of great attributes – he’s 6ft 3, he’s fast, he’s mobile"

Tony's making it up as he goes along isn't he?

4 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

You do to a squirrel

Massive Fleetwood defenders needed turning and  playing balls along the floor. Antonnsson and Graham seemed to be sticking(almost marking) their defenders,instead of moving them around and working the side angles. Only Dack was doing this but wore himself out by the time 'our Joe' came on, bringing more positive energy than the front two put together in 5 matches.

And how many other Under 23 players are being held back by over-cautious Mowbray.

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray on Nuttall last night. He spells out several attributes which none of our other strikers have together.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/boss-im-delighted-for-nuttall/

However it sounds like once Samuel is back from suspension Nuttall will be back to fourth choice. And Graham working extremely hard? Do me a favour.

Insulting our football intelligence again.

Whilst on the evidence of last night Nuttall should clearly be in the side on merit I think we all know that under TM once the manager's illegitimate love child Elliot Bennett is available along with one or two others Nuttall will be forgotten about again, Chapman will be restricted to the odd cameo role and the other old lags like Graham and Conway will continue to be selected no matter how poor they are.

There was a suggestion made to me the other day by someone who knows one of the Academy lads (who understandably wants to leave) that if one of the youngsters is selected Venky's query why such and such a player they're paying 5k a week for isn't playing.

No idea if there's any truth in this but if so we need a manager with a big enough pair to pick players on merit. That said I very much get the impression that TM is one of those managers who'd rather play a crap "experienced' player than take a risk on a promising youngster anyway.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There was a suggestion made to me the other day by someone who knows one of the Academy lads (who understandably wants to leave) that if one of the youngsters is selected Venky's query why such and such a player they're paying 5k a week for isn't playing.

It wouldn't surprise me. Who wouldn't ask where there money is going, especially when they don't know the first thing about football.

Who's the lad by the way, anyone with potential who should be getting a look-in at 1st team level?

1 hour ago, mhead said:

Massive Fleetwood defenders needed turning and  playing balls along the floor. Antonnsson and Graham seemed to be sticking(almost marking) their defenders,instead of moving them around and working the side angles. Only Dack was doing this but wore himself out by the time 'our Joe' came on, bringing more positive energy than the front two put together in 5 matches.

And how many other Under 23 players are being held back by over-cautious Mowbray.

Interesting you should bring that up because I was watching Dack last night when we were passing the ball slowly round midfield and I was wondering why he wasn't dropping in to space and looking for the ball like he normally does. Whenever he tried Graham called him back towards him. You could see Dack was desperate to get involved and make himself available but he was obviously under orders to play off Graham and stick close by him. Trouble was they had a couple of beasts marking Graham so it didn't work. Like you say it changed when Nuttall came on because he can actually move.

Do you think they might eventually twig, that we once sold a lad, who started in the academy for £17 million. If the owners are questioning the logic in playing U23 players tell them to 3 cough, or should that be 4?

10 minutes ago, lraC said:

Do you think they might eventually twig, that we once sold a lad, who started in the academy for £17 million. If the owners are questioning the logic in playing U23 players tell them to 3 cough, or should that be 4?

"They" don't give a shit. They have proved that time and time again. If the shadow reads this board he could have quite a go at League 1 manager. "They" will leave Tinkerman to it. At some point, when it's too late, something might happen. Usually, not for the good of BRFC.

50 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Who wouldn't ask where there money is going, especially when they don't know the first thing about football.

Who's the lad by the way, anyone with potential who should be getting a look-in at 1st team level?

It's who you would imagine I would say.

Sam Hart seems constantly overlooked though maybe his brief appearances haven't shown much. People always talking about Nuttall and Chapman (who's not even permanent) though Harper's been overlooked too. Not sure why WBA sent him here if club aren't even going to play him.

12 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

yer know, it makes absolute sense to me. you have two nuts beside your equipment. feed it and you are scoring tonight.

back to topic, Nuttall shows that he's possibly ready. we need wingers etc.? let's look at our youth and get some of them in. surely they can offer much more pace.

On 01/11/2017 at 10:55, Garage Flower said:

Based on what I’ve seen past few months Graham is finished. Shame.

I think he just can't be arsed. He is just going through the motions. With that attitude, he needs to go.

Archived