SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I think he just can't be arsed. He is just going through the motions. With that attitude, he needs to go.

He has had lots of injury problems throughout his career, maybe he just doesn't have it in his body to run around and hassle defenders like he did when he first joined under Lambert.We do need another striker in January but Nuttall should be given a start now without a shadow of a doubt

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, bazza said:

On today's performance Nuttall is ready for regular starts in the first team. Harper is not.

Antonsson scoring has given Mowbray the perfect excuse to leave Nuttall as fourth choice I think 

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

He has had lots of injury problems throughout his career, maybe he just doesn't have it in his body to run around and hassle defenders like he did when he first joined under Lambert.We do need another striker in January but Nuttall should be given a start now without a shadow of a doubt

He has had injuries and is aging but I was watching him a couple of games back and he didn't have any effort. Simple things like giving the defender a nudge and peeling off his man, he just couldn't be bothered. At best he was grabbing the defender's shirt and shrugging his shoulders. I was a big fan of his but not any more.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray on Nuttall and the under 23's.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/november/boss-on-nuttall/

“He has to keep going and make my life really difficult. We have Graham and Samuel and Antonsson so, when I’m picking teams, he has to put his name at the top of the list"

I'd put myself in contention for the top of that list, and I can't run. Nuttall should have no problems. But we can all read between the lines here.

"I like to play young players but we do have to try to win matches"

“Let’s see what happens, sometimes it needs a man to get the job done but there’s a lot of quality bubbling underneath here"

There you go. Excuses made. Nuttall won't get a look-in with boring Mowbray's 1 up front negative BS. 

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

“He has to keep going and make my life really difficult. We have Graham and Samuel and Antonsson so, when I’m picking teams, he has to put his name at the top of the list"

I'd put myself in contention for the top of that list, and I can't run. Nuttall should have no problems. But we can all read between the lines here.

"I like to play young players but we do have to try to win matches"

“Let’s see what happens, sometimes it needs a man to get the job done but there’s a lot of quality bubbling underneath here"

There you go. Excuses made. Nuttall won't get a look-in with boring Mowbray's 1 up front negative BS. 

Them comments from Melton Mowbray are outrageous. 

Nuttal still has to convince him that hes worth picking over three lazy 1st team strikers who rarely score despite scoring more goals than games played in u23s and 2 in 2 for 1st team. 

You need a man in games rather than out top of the league u23s??? Pull the other one pie man. 

Getting more and more irritated by our lack of hometown youth over lame loan players. 

2 minutes ago, benhben said:

Nuttal still has to convince him that hes worth picking over three lazy 1st team strikers who rarely score despite scoring more goals than games played in u23s and 2 in 2 for 1st team. 

You need a man in games rather than out top of the league u23s??? Pull the other one pie man. 

Getting more and more irritated by our lack of hometown youth over lame loan players. 

It was the "I like to play young players but we do have to try to win matches" line that got me. It was 1 win in 5 before yesterday's comeback against nearly the worst team in the Football League...a comeback that 'young player' Joe was the catalyst for by all accounts. I'm beginning to think Mowbray is perhaps not the sharpest tool, or there is a self-serving reason for not playing the youngsters.  

• Backroom

The blokes really grating now he really doesn't want to give the youth players a chance and is setting targets of them that are higher than the standards produced by the Senior guys.

Give DJ a chance 

If i was Nuttall I would already be thinking about moving on at the first opportunity. Banging them in for the u23's as soon as he signed up and has been overlooked for most of the season despite Graham being well off the boil and Samual being no better than average. Has not even been able to make the bench which is scandalous. Only makes the bench when Samual gets injured and finally gets a chance from the bench. Two goals in two games from the bench and his reward is to be told that he has to do more to convince TM that he will play more.

He needs to be rewarded with a start - otherwise im sure there are plenty of other teams that have noticed his exploits and would treat him far better than we have.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

The blokes really grating now he really doesn't want to give the youth players a chance and is setting targets of them that are higher than the standards produced by the Senior guys.

Give DJ a chance 

I think Mowbray is a managerial Jaffa. 

I've had my suspicions for a little while now and I posted on the Plymouth match thread: "I'll leave you with a thought - who thinks Mowbray picked this team !?!?"

What manager in their right mind would continue to deny a player who scores goals for fun in the U23's and has notched twice in two league appearances !?!?  It's staggeringly beyond reason when we are struggling for goals and managers up and down the country are looking for strikers who can consistently score goals - they are like gold dust.

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I've had my suspicions for a little while now and I posted on the Plymouth match thread: "I'll leave you with a thought - who thinks Mowbray picked this team !?!?"

What manager in their right mind would continue to deny a player who scores goals for fun in the U23's and has notched twice in two league appearances !?!?  It's staggeringly beyond reason when we are struggling for goals and managers up and down the country are looking for strikers who can consistently score goals - they are like gold dust.

I don't believe Mowbray isn't picking the team,I just think he is being clueless and stubborn.

In fairness the two highest earners at the Club in Whittingham and Graham have found themselves on the bench quite a bit if someone else was picking the tean I.e the owners then surely they would be playing the guys they are paying the most out for.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

had my suspicions for a little while now and I posted on the Plymouth match thread: "I'll leave you with a thought - who thinks Mowbray picked this team !?!?"

As much as I think that Mowbray is underperformng, rubbish like this is just baseless scaremongering and youve got nothing to back it up, yet again.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I think most people think Mowbary picked the team cos everyone was slating his selection.

I personally think that Nuttall has done enough to displace Samuel or Antonsson.

If he’s not in the next Mowbray Squad then he is never going to make it as long as Melton is here.

He and his agent would be justified in pushing for a loan exit in January. Of course, the usual fans who can’t think past the emblem on the managerial blazer would call him a mercenary or other insult but I certainly wouldn’t blame him.

He’s still raw and probably lacks ‘real’ pace, which is why he’s here. However, he’s strong, good in the air, always on the move and looks to have a knack for a goal.

What does Samuel have, for example that would give him the nod over Nuttall?

7 hours ago, benhben said:

Play them or lose them. I would try Samuel and Nuttall up front. Far more strength and pace than Graham and Antonsson.

Antonsson can go back to Leeds for me.

By kicking that defender, Samuel did enough to warrant a place lower down the pecking order.  My parents go to all of the U23's games and say that Nuttall isn't the finished product by any stretch of the imagination, misses a lot of chances but he is pacey and obviously, also scores. That's enough to warrant a place in this 1st team imo. Antonsson has an appalling goals to chances ratio and Gladwin is not a strikers aunty.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Mowbray picks the team. Clearly you dont know Mowbray at all. Maybe a time to give it a rest. 

Nuttall is doing well but not the finishing article or close to it. Speaking to my dad who see every under 23's game at home says Nuttall has been impressive all season and is improving each game. Misses chances but hes young. Has pace, Strength, work rate plus knows where the net is. 

4 hours ago, OJRovers said:

Was Nutall a Paul Senior signing?

Was Mowbray signing. Came in on trial. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray picks the team. Clearly you dont know Mowbray at all. Maybe a time to give it a rest. 

Nuttall is doing well but not the finishing article or close to it. Speaking to my dad who see every under 23's game at home says Nuttall has been impressive all season and is improving each game. Misses chances but hes young. Has pace, Strength, work rate plus knows where the net is. 

Was Mowbray signing. Came in on trial. 

Whilst I agree that hes talking rubbish, do you "know Mowbray?" Would explain a lot.

Archived