BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray picks the team. Clearly you dont know Mowbray at all. Maybe a time to give it a rest. 

Maybe Mowbray has sole responsibility for team selection, maybe he doesn't. 

What I would say is that I, and I am not the only one based upon conversations with Rovers' fans and what's posted on here and other social media sites, find a lot of both his selections and substitutions very puzzling. 

If Mowbray has sole responsibility for team selection then I do not think he is the manager for Rovers - it's very likely he is, at best/worse, curtailing/killing the hopes and aspirations of our young talent.  Just how the hell do they get a chance in the first team; it's not as though we are a highly successful team loaded with talent that is conquering all before them.

If Mowbray does have interference in team selection then as a man of principle he should surely resign and tell the football world just what is going on at Ewood.

Whichever way you look at it with Mowbray, IMV, it isn't good.

As for knowing Mowbray, I am confident that I know him as much or as little as you do Chaddy.  Maybe it's time that you stopped being an apologist for all things Rovers.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

If i was Nuttall I would already be thinking about moving on at the first opportunity. Banging them in for the u23's as soon as he signed up and has been overlooked for most of the season despite Graham being well off the boil and Samual being no better than average. Has not even been able to make the bench which is scandalous. Only makes the bench when Samual gets injured and finally gets a chance from the bench. Two goals in two games from the bench and his reward is to be told that he has to do more to convince TM that he will play more.

He needs to be rewarded with a start - otherwise im sure there are plenty of other teams that have noticed his exploits and would treat him far better than we have.

This is the danger. Its happened already with Mahoney.

Nuttall might miss a few chances, but the main thing is that he creates a lot chances by being an intelligent player. If you look at Cavani at PSG, he misses loads of chances but he creates that many chances (through his movement etc). that he scores loads of goals as well, Nuttall is a similar type of player and will only improve.

Anyone else remember a certain James Beattie ? Knocked them in for fun in the youth team and reserves - was then put in against Arsenal for his first team debut - and it was men against boys. Possibly if we hadn't rushed him into the team - who knows whether his career would have come good at Rovers rather than selling him on. 

From everything I have read - and due to other commitments not seen him in the flesh yet - his all round game is far from the finished article. However the one thing we have missed all season - is somebody to put the ball in the back of the net - even if the rest of his game is lacking we need somebody to put the ball in the net, even if only tap ins. It is possibly a risk - but this is only league 1 - if he is genuinely going to make it as a player - there would be no better place to start.

BTW - anyone know if he was loaned out as a City player - and how that went ?

47 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Anyone else remember a certain James Beattie ? Knocked them in for fun in the youth team and reserves - was then put in against Arsenal for his first team debut - and it was men against boys. Possibly if we hadn't rushed him into the team - who knows whether his career would have come good at Rovers rather than selling him on. 

From everything I have read - and due to other commitments not seen him in the flesh yet - his all round game is far from the finished article. However the one thing we have missed all season - is somebody to put the ball in the back of the net - even if the rest of his game is lacking we need somebody to put the ball in the net, even if only tap ins. It is possibly a risk - but this is only league 1 - if he is genuinely going to make it as a player - there would be no better place to start.

BTW - anyone know if he was loaned out as a City player - and how that went ?

He joined Aberdeen after being released by city, didn't work out for him 

• Backroom

For me Graham should remain the main man at the moment but Nuttall has earned a spot ahead of Samuel, surely now the onus should be on Samuel to win it back or the message to people waiting in the wings is a terrible one.

In the second half of the Barnet cup tie Graham's game improved dramatically. I wonder if that was because he had Nuttall playing alongside him. They looked good together. They complement each other.

Manager should start them both keeping Samuel and Antonsson on the bench. Or maybe Antonsson on the left if Conway is injured.

I thought similar myself last week when he took Graham off for Nuttall. I said to the guy next to me that he should've tried them together. I think that their contrasting styles would suit each other as a pairing. Would be good to see if they could strike up a decent partnership.

On 05/11/2017 at 22:13, RV Blue said:

Nuttall might miss a few chances, but the main thing is that he creates a lot chances by being an intelligent player. If you look at Cavani at PSG, he misses loads of chances but he creates that many chances (through his movement etc). that he scores loads of goals as well, Nuttall is a similar type of player and will only improve.

I agree so much, i've put together a graphic to illustrate the point. :P

cavani.jpg

• Backroom

To 'You got it all' by Union J:

We used to have Dunn
We used to have Jansen
We used to have Tugay
Now we've got Nuttall!

We used to have Cole
We used to have Sutton
We used to have Shearer
Now we've got Nuttall!

We used to have Parkes
We used to have Clayton
We used to have Douglas 
Now we've got Nuttall!

Some goals are tap-ins
Some goals are from distance 
You're everything I ever want at Rovers

'Cause you're Joe Nuttall
You're Joe Nuttall!

And I want all your goals
Every single one of all your goals!

*cowers in the corner*

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Nuttall is 21 in January, so he's not a kid making his way any more. If he's going to make it as a player he should be in the first team now and playing regularly. 

Or---if he's going to make it as a player he should be seeking a transfer. That's my fear.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

To 'You got it all' by Union J:

We used to have Dunn
We used to have Jansen
We used to have Tugay
Now we've got Nuttall!

We used to have Cole
We used to have Sutton
We used to have Shearer
Now we've got Nuttall!

We used to have Parkes
We used to have Clayton
We used to have Douglas 
Now we've got Nuttall!

Some goals are tap-ins
Some goals are from distance 
You're everything I ever want at Rovers

You're Joe Nuttall!

And I want all your goals
Every single one of all your goals!

*cowers in the corner*

I don't know who Union J are but if they've been on X-Factor or similar shyte you need to be having a good long look at your life!  Is there a dance routine to go with it we can all do in the stands?

Anyway, Joe is hitherto only to be called 'Nuttigol' in homage to 'Batigol'.

Nuttigol, Nuttigol, Nutti Nuttigol,

He gets the ball he scores a goal

Nutti, Nuttigol

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I don't know who Union J are but if they've been on X-Factor or similar shyte you need to be having a good long look at your life!  Is there a dance routine to go with it we can all do in the stands?

Anyway, Joe is hitherto only to be called 'Nuttigol' in homage to 'Batigol'.

Nuttigol, Nuttigol, Nutti Nuttigol,

He gets the ball he scores a goal

Nutti, Nuttigol

I have no idea who they are (although you sound correct). Just know that song is simple (in both senses of the word) enough to turn into a chant :P

Archived