Do do do do-dooooo

x3

Do do-do-do dooooo

Do do-do-do do-dooo

Do do do do do do do do do do-dooooo

Do do-do-do dooooo

Do do-do-do dooooo

Do-do-do dooooooooooooo

It's actually quite catchy. Can I ask for 'The Best of Union J' as part of my BRFCS 'secret santa' gift?

3 minutes ago, den said:

To you guys that have seen him play - apart from his goal scoring, anyone want to outline his strengths and weaknesses?

Big, strong, mobile and capable of winning headers from the bits I've seen. Not as quick as Samuel would be my guess but looks a more natural poacher. I think those two up front would be pretty handy.

Going off what I saw on Tuesday night he's a very promising player. He took the one decent chance he got , having taken up a clever position to get the opportunity, so he's no mug. He had absolutely no service after the sending off and he had to feed off scraps. Having said that he kept plugging away and never gave up the fight. He kept their centre halves occupied to the best of his ability. I wouldn't like to pass an opinion until I've seen him in a game were it's 11 v 11 and he gets some decent ball to work with.

I was expecting him to take a penalty but he didn't , maybe he was too knackered.

I was surprised when Samuel was subbed and not Nuttall because Samuel was looking really sharp. Maybe Mowbray wanted to see how Nuttall would deal with the situation and what level of commitment he'd produce. I'm pretty sure Samuel wouldn't have run around as much.

I can't see him and Samuel as a pair unless we play a more attacking line up in midfield. On Tuesday night the gap between those two up the front and Harper and Smallwood back in our half was enormous.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't see him and Samuel as a pair unless we play a more attacking line up in midfield. On Tuesday night the gap between those two up the front and Harper and Smallwood back in our half was enormous.

That would be a tactical issue, not a judgement on the strike pair.

4 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

That would be a tactical issue, not a judgement on the strike pair.

I'm still not convinced, they're very similar in style. The best partnerships are when the players compliment each other skills wise. 

Having said that if we are going to play two out and out strikers I'd rather it be Samuel and Nuttall than Samuel and Antonnson.

It could be before your time but Wales had three terrific centre forwards many years ago. John Toshack, Wyn Davies, and Ron Davies, all fantastic headers of the ball. They were in the Gestede class in that respect.

Wales weren't doing all that well and there was a campaign to get the manager to play all three up front in a 4-3-3 formation . Eventually he did. It was a disaster, they never saw the ball up front and Wales lost the game pretty badly. They never repeated the experiment.

We had Ron Davies at Rovers as a kid but we let him go. He was a pal of Mike England's I believe.  He went off to Chester but worked his way back up the leagues to be a top class player. I remember him scoring a hat trick of headers for Southampton at Old Trafford. Not many players do that.

We tried to sign Wyn Davies in the relegation season of 65-66 but his club wouldn't accept our offer so we signed Martin Britt instead. He was a flop who came with an existing knee injury that finished his career after about 12 games and 0 goals.

• Backroom

I said feed the Nutt ages ago on twitter jokingly, seems many had the same daft idea that makes no sense 

For me if you want to go with a classic:

NUTTALL, NUTTALL,

JOE JOE NUTTALL

HE GETS THE BALL HE SCORES A GOAL

JOE JOE NUTTALL

Easy for everyone to join in 

Amazing turn around for Nuttall in the space of just a few months. From absolute zero (read the comments when we signed him!) to hero in no time. Should be an inspiration to not just every kid, but everybody out there.

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Amazing turn around for Nuttall in the space of just a few months. From absolute zero (read the comments when we signed him!) to hero in no time. Should be an inspiration to not just every kid, but everybody out there.

They reckon every player has a club that suits him maybe he has found his just look at some players we have had and they did next to nothing when they left Gestede ,santa cruz, bentley just to name a few.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You've got good eyesight all the way from Germany.

We went to bury home game and saw develop squad 2 times, in U.K. ever month, joe looks good.You bburn and don't get to bury? Why?

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:36, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say ToMo is on it 

He's not.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15683508._He_feels_really_comfortable_here____Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_believes_Joe_Nuttall_is_at_the_right_place_to_maximise_his_potential/?ref=mac

Strange comments.

"If Joe keeps scoring goals at the rate he is then the phone will ring and we will have to decide whether we offer him a new deal or do we take the money and find another striker that is better so we take that and spend half on that player? Football is a business”

We'll get a lot less for him if he isn't under a long-ish term contract.

At least it clears up that it was Johnson who brought him to the club.

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's not.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15683508._He_feels_really_comfortable_here____Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_believes_Joe_Nuttall_is_at_the_right_place_to_maximise_his_potential/?ref=mac

Strange comments.

"If Joe keeps scoring goals at the rate he is then the phone will ring and we will have to decide whether we offer him a new deal or do we take the money and find another striker that is better so we take that and spend half on that player? Football is a business”

We'll get a lot less for him if he isn't under a long-ish term contract.

At least it clears up that it was Johnson who brought him to the club.

I had to read that quote several time to get any semblance of sense and I'm still not sure.

Archived