BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

The first team players are under pressure from the fans for better performances and wins. plus promtion

The whole of the 1st team needs a shake up.. Needs to be shown that the young lads are hungry and knocking on the door  for the places of the underperforming overpaid dollopers 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what nonsense? tbh Tom, you are acting like he the next Alan Shearer or something, we have no idea how he will do in League 1, but we don't have the time to give him game time when we need wins from forthcoming games and getting into the top 2 by end of the seasom . He could become a good player for us in the future but he shouldn't be starting and nowhere near the finish article yet. But with more development he will become the player he 

First choice should Samuel with Dack in 10 role with Antonsson left wing. Nuttalll should be coming off the bench like I said previously. 

The first team players are under pressure from the fans for better performances and wins. plus promtion

Is anyone asking for Nuttall to be starting? You've said that. I think everyone agrees he'd come off the bench.

Anyway, we all know you take it upon yourself to defend anything that comes from Tony or the club, for whatever reason. Even when there's every right to be angered by what is done.

Tony Mowbray should be at least considering this young lad for an appearance. To completely rule him out as "too much of a risk" is absurd management.

I'd say a big risk was starting the season with Mulgrew & Ward as our first choice cbs. He took that one. Why wouldn't you throw a young lad full of beans up front for the last quarter? 

Just now, darrenrover said:

Chaddy, I get your point but how many chances were provided for him against Bury? 

Can you honestly say that Samuel, Dack and Antonsson are great forwards at this level? Antonsson is that good he's been shunted out on the wing, where he's not much cop either. Dack is probably a link man. (what is he supposed to be by the way, forward or attacking midfielder? I genuinely don't know). Samuel I think has tailed off and doesn't offer much and what about Graham, who you didn't mention?

In a club like ours, freshen up the team from the start with players that are straining at the leash.

I'd start with both Chapman on the right and Nuttall up front. If it doesn't work it can be hardly any worse can it?

I asked about the Bury game cos I weren't there so I asking fans who attended how he did?

I like Antonsson on the wing and he having from there. 

Dack is a typical number 10 player. and that's where he should be playing. 

I like Samuel for his pace and ability to get behind the defence, My views on Graham are clear, not done enough all season to warrant any start. 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is anyone asking for Nuttall to be starting? You've said that. I think everyone agrees he'd come off the bench.

Anyway, we all know you take it upon yourself to defend anything that comes from Tony or the club, for whatever reason. Even when there's every right to be angered by what is done.

Tony Mowbray should be at least considering this young lad for an appearance. To completely rule him out as "too much of a risk" is absurd management.

I'd say a big risk was starting the season with Mulgrew & Ward as our first choice cbs. He took that one. Why wouldn't you throw a young lad full of beans up front for the last quarter? 

I posted Nuttall should be coming off the bench but not starting. should that for the last game aswell. 

Just now, RV Blue said:

How did Graham play against Bury in the Checkatrade trophy you pratt? Or against Stoke u23s?

Not playing a lad who is scoring for fun when your first choice strikers are awful is just rank bad management. If I was your boss Tony, I would sack you on the spot.

Havent I said I wouldn't be picking Graham and not even on the bench. Ive been saying it for a while. 

Just now, RV Blue said:

So why are you defending Mowbray then? Make your mind up.

I'm not defending anyone but saying he shouldn't games, Coming off the bench is the right way to do it. Tom is after him starting games

I've been saying for weeks that Nuttall should be coming off the bench and Graham shouldn't even on the bench. did you miss this? Now just on the bandwagon recently. 

I asked about the Bury game cos I weren't there so I asking fans who attended how he did?

I like Antonsson on the wing and he having from there. 

Dack is a typical number 10 player. and that's where he should be playing. 

I like Samuel for his pace and ability to get behind the defence, My views on Graham are clear, not done enough all season to warrant any start. 

I accept your opinions but don't necessarily agree with them.

What do you see in Antonsson as a winger because he isn't one for me? he's just a player that has been shunted out of position and plays like a failed centre forward who has been asked to play on the wing where he's equally exposed.

Samuel: in the game at Rochdale he didn't look as if he could hit a barn door from 2 yards but made a nuisance of himself. Nuttall clearly knows where the 8 yards by 8 foot onion bag is whether that be under 23s or not the size doesn't change.

We need a lift on Saturday and to attack from the off.

Tomlinson, Travis, Chapman and Nuttall in for me and bloody attack!

I don't believe for one second that none of our youngsters are ready to step up.This is league 1 we are in,I don't see the point of funding a Cat 1 academy if the players we are producing are not good enough for this level.It just looks to me that Mowbray is trying to keep the dressing room on his side and keep the experienced players happy.I really don't see the sense in Mowbray coming out with that response,Nuttall must be thinking wtf no matter how many goals I score I'm not going to get a chance here and the forward players that are involved with the senior squad must be delighted as Mowbray has just laid it on the table that nobody from the youth set up will be challenging them for their places.What has happened to Harper,Mowbray was full of praise and told us all what a fantastic signing he would be yet he has only been involved twice

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what nonsense? tbh Tom, you are acting like he the next Alan Shearer or something, we have no idea how he will do in League 1, but we don't have the time to give him game time when we need wins from forthcoming games and getting into the top 2 by end of the seasom . He could become a good player for us in the future but he shouldn't be starting and nowhere near the finish article yet. But with more development he will become the player he 

First choice should Samuel with Dack in 10 role with Antonsson left wing. Nuttalll should be coming off the bench like I said previously. 

I've not said he's the next Alan Shearer or even the next Matt Derbyshire but he's a lad scoring nearly every time he steps on a pitch whilst our first team guys are going through the motions doing the bare minimum.

I personally think it's absurd of the manager to say that he's not even giving him something to think about.

When Mowbray brings Gladwin on when we need a goal but won't consider a goalscorer in form something is wrong in his head!

Just now, darrenrover said:

I accept your opinions but don't necessarily agree with them.

What do you see in Antonsson as a winger because he isn't one for me? he's just a player that has been shunted out of position and plays like a failed centre forward who has been asked to play on the wing where he's equally exposed.

Samuel: in the game at Rochdale he didn't look as if he could hit a barn door from 2 yards but made a nuisance of himself. Nuttall clearly knows where the 8 yards by 8 foot onion bag is whether that be under 23s or not the size doesn't change.

We need a lift on Saturday and to attack from the off.

Tomlinson, Travis, Chapman and Nuttall in for me and bloody attack!

Look at Antonsson performances against Rotherham and Plymouth where he kept beating his man and getting inside the full back, causing problems all the time. The other night he should have scored 2 goals. 

I agree we need to start on the front foot on Saturday and attacking from minute 1. 

Isnt Tomlinson banned after being send off for under 23's?

Just now, Tom said:

I've not said he's the next Alan Shearer or even the next Matt Derbyshire but he's a lad scoring nearly every time he steps on a pitch whilst our first team guys are going through the motions doing the bare minimum.

I personally think it's absurd of the manager to say that he's not even giving him something to think about.

When Mowbray brings Gladwin on when we need a goal but won't consider a goalscorer in form something is wrong in his head!

Gladwin came on and should have scored. played from centre midfield. Still don't know how he didn't score. crazy. 

The manager is clearly saying he's not ready.

Do we take his word for it? or the box packers, engineers and shop managers who post on here, incidentally most whom have never seen him kick a ball? 

Tough one  :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Some very good points.. Or TM has been told to play Antonsson or possibly if Nuttall gets on a clause takes it's course... What a messed up club 

The way he's handling the Leeds player does look very much like he's been guaranteed mins, who's favour are we doing now developing this player I wonder ?

Then again Mowbray seems obsessed with putting strikers on the wings the last 3rd of games.

Look at Antonsson performances against Rotherham and Plymouth where he kept beating his man and getting inside the full back, causing problems all the time. The other night he should have scored 2 goals. 

I agree we need to start on the front foot on Saturday and attacking from minute 1. 

Isnt Tomlinson banned after being send off for under 23's?

If we are going to start on the front foot then give Chapman a start.Antonnson isn't a good player imo but he has played better wide than he did when he wasaid up front.I agree with you to a certain extent about the younger players being introduced from the bench but that isn't even happening. Mowbray has made it pretty clear he won't be involving lads from the u23 unless we have an injury crisis which I find highly disappointing and any Rovers fan should as this group we have in the u 23s at the the moment is the most promising group we have had in a while.The lads nearing the end of their contracts won't be renewing and other teams will benefit.

• Backroom

I can't believe Mowbrays comments this afternoon, absolutely flabbergasted!! 

Danny Graham & Dominic Samuel couldn't score in a brothel, yet a young lad who is on a 1 year contract and scoring for fun isn't even being contemplated for selection!

Absolutely ridiculous and if I was Joe I'd be off like a shot in summer to someone who would give me a chance (and I'm sure there will be plenty of takers!)

Sorry, but after those comments Tony needs to grow some balls or resign. Fuming.

Just now, Gav said:

The manager is clearly saying he's not ready.

Do we take his word for it? or the box packers, engineers and shop managers who post on here, incidentally most whom have never seen him kick a ball? 

Tough one  :rolleyes:

Not like you Gav not to look outside the box. The same manager ain't saying the current crop of forwards  couldn't score in a brothel either.

There's clearly more to it than "he's not ready". He's not a kid and clearly knows where the net is.

• Backroom

It's the way he's gone about it, instead of saying Joe is making it tough for him and is banging down the door for a chance he's said he's not even considering him as his attributes don't make him worth thinking about.  

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Havent I said I wouldn't be picking Graham and not even on the bench. Ive been saying it for a while. 

Graham worked hard on Tuesday and linked up well with Dack, definitely shouldn't be dropped for Samuel whose been rubbish for most of the season since his purple patch.

Not sure Mowbray worded his comments about Nuttall correctly, but I do think the reaction has been unwarranted slightly, and i would have him around the squad but certainly not in the team.

I mean you chaddy in particular have defiantly defended Mowbray over the following weaknesses this season:

Hes tactically been very poor, over complicating things

His subs have been desperate and poor

The squad is imbalanced in certain areas

His formation and personnel has been too inconsistent and he cant settle on a best team

Hes not getting the best out of our best players

I'm by no means out to protect Mowbray but Nuttall should play in the cups and maybe be on the bench on occasions but I wouldnt have him in the first team.

30 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nice one, Tony. Because in Graham, Antonsson and Samuel we have three players who can't stop scoring, right? Completely sends the wrong message to the young lads and the older players in their comfort zones. Yet another error in an ever growing list by Mowbray.

I agree totally. The longer time goes on, I increasingly think Tony is not on the same agenda as us. I'm really p155*d off because I really want to warm to the guy.

BUT

he doesn't appear to have the ability to motivate anybody, his team selections and rational are bizarre to say the least. The comments in the press even more puzzling.

Could it be that the first team and squad are in one set of hands and the rest of the club in another?

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I agree totally. The longer time goes on, I increasingly think Tony is not on the same agenda as us. I'm really p155*d off because I really want to warm to the guy.

BUT

he doesn't appear to have the ability to motivate anybody, his team selections and rational are bizarre to say the least. The comments in the press even more puzzling.

Could it be that the first team and squad are in one set of hands and the rest of the club in another?

It could well be.. We're a basket case club 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't forget he is playing under 23's football only. so its ok scoring goals at that level but League 1 is a much higher standard. how did he do against Bury in checktrade trophy? 

I would like to see involved in first games from the bench. But he shouldn't be starting games when we have Samuel, Dack and Antonsson. 

can anyone regular watcher of the under 23's comment about how he is playing and what he bigger strengths?

How did Graham do against Bury?

Archived