BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FOOTBALL QUIZ QUESTIONS

I'm sure we all love a good football quiz question or two so let's do this thang. It will help when the winter nights draw in and we're marooned to the foot of the table:angry::) The one who gets the answer gets to ask the next question. What japes!!

For starters, which Prem team has the most Champions League Winners in it's squad?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It was for a day in 2002.

I thought he was born in Salford. I will retire to lick my wounds...

Nah, I think he ended up in Salford as his Dad moved to a rugby league team there, as did the family. Admittedly, he's probably spent more time living in England than in Wales by now, I'd have thought.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Nah, I think he ended up in Salford as his Dad moved to a rugby league team there, as did the family. Admittedly, he's probably spent more time living in England than in Wales by now, I'd have thought.

Yes you are correct.  I played against and with Ryan, and he was then the captain of england schoolboys and represented salford at district level and gtr manchester at county level.  So actually represented england, but chose wales as he got older.  His mum is welsh and he took her name when his dad and her split up...His dad is Danny Wilson, think he played for swinton and leigh....

On 8/20/2017 at 00:42, Sparks Rover said:

Yes you are correct.  I played against and with Ryan, and he was then the captain of england schoolboys and represented salford at district level and gtr manchester at county level.  So actually represented england, but chose wales as he got older.  His mum is welsh and he took her name when his dad and her split up...His dad is Danny Wilson, think he played for swinton and leigh....

He represented England at Schoolboy level because he went to school in England - that was the criteria for selection, as opposed to where you were born so I don't think he had any choice in the matter at that level. Conversely I think that he could have played for either country at 'full' level - Wales because of birth/parentage and England because he was educated there.

Is it right that his first major trophy as a schoolboy footballer was a cup final victory against Blackburn & Darwen schools (for Salford)? I seem to remember him making a comment during our glory years about the blue and white halved kit holding fond memories for him?

Archived