BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers (may) have the option to postpone Fleetwood game

On 8/21/2017 at 17:31, meadows said:

The point Sharpe is making is that Rovers HAVE guaranteed provision for the game to be called off. I'll believe it when I see it but his reputation as a reporter will be shot if it isn't the case, as will the football secretary's 

Sharpe can now sleep at night.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mercer said:

Or tonight !  Tonight will be physical and tough.

I want physical and tough every game. Most players injuries aren't caused by rough and tumble challenges. The majority have a strained this or that caused by nothing more than running.

Just now, Stuart said:

The right decision. We need to be playing our strongest team whenever possible. Cold and ruthless is pursuit of promotion.

Reminds me of this crying we did over Huddersfield last season. Never really taken notice of by the footballing world, and now all but forgotten, save for a few bitter fans. That cold ruthlessness sees a difference of 60 league positions between the two. Football really isn't for whining losers.

We're called "b*stards" by those in claret and poo. Strange... Maybe to them, we used to be! Let's start being that again.

Just now, Phil T said:

Reminds me of this crying we did over Huddersfield last season. Never really taken notice of by the footballing world, and now all but forgotten, save for a few bitter fans.

We're called "b*stards" by those in claret and poo. Strange... Maybe to them, we used to be! Let's star being that again.

Yes, Huddersfield should have been playing their strongest team in every game in the league. They didn't, they lost, and it relegated us.

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

Yes, Huddersfield should have been playing their strongest team in every game in the league. They didn't, they lost, and it relegated us.

I blame Gallagher more than Huddersfield for his failure to keep the ball in the corner against PNE. That's what relegated us.

Correct call to postpone the game, others in danger are Blackpool (a), Walsall (h) & Doncaster (a) as they all fall on international weekends too.

Did we buy the Swiss wannabe Canadian just as a 'pass' on International days?

Did he get a go v Dingles in TMs weakened team? Did he feck.

The reality is we are plissing ourselves on having to play anyone if we are without Mulgrew.....and Evans.

We are damm lucky that neither are injury prone :wacko:

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Did we buy the Swiss wannabe Canadian just as a 'pass' on International days?

Did he get a go v Dingles in TMs weakened team? Did he feck.

The reality is we are plissing ourselves on having to play anyone if we are without Mulgrew.....and Evans.

We are damm lucky that neither are injury prone :wacko:

What? Why should we play without our full strength team if the option and facility not to is available? 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

What? Why should we play without our full strength team if the option and facility not to is available? 

BDS please engage brain before posting.

I did not in fact say I was against using the escape card conveniently created by signing a keeper who has only just decided to take a pot at playing for Canada.......what is it 2 sub appearances to date?

By all means play the card.

I could not care feckin less tbh.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

BDS please engage brain before posting.

I did not in fact say I was against using the escape card conveniently created by signing a keeper who has only just decided to take a pot at playing for Canada.......what is it 2 sub appearances to date?

By all means play the card.

I could not care feckin less tbh.

Re engage tin foil hat man. Do you hear yourself? We signed a reliable and proven league 1 keeper as back up, who just happens to be an international player and you are saying the club signed him so they can get games called off:lol: If that's not what you are saying,  please clarify 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Re engage tin foil hat man. Do you hear yourself? We signed a reliable and proven league 1 keeper as back up, who just happens to be an international player and you are saying the club signed him so they can get games called off:lol: If that's not what you are saying,  please clarify 

He's hardly reliable and proven. 1 good season and then poor since by all accounts.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have you ever seen him play? 

I would say conceding the fewest goals in a season would make someone reliable and proven, no? 

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Have you ever seen him play? 

I would say conceding the fewest goals in a season would make someone reliable and proven, no? 

In League 2, yes. He then had an injury, came back and was unable to retain his place in a mediocre League 1 club as they shipped him out to us. Again, hardly proven and reliable at this level.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why were you watching League 2 games? 

Pardon? I don't have to be watching League 2 games to know his record, and his great season, happened when Shrewsbury were in League 2. As a matter of fact I have never seen him play. I can only judge him by his record and the trajectory of his career. He has gone down and down until he found a comfortable level in League 2. After that he was given a couple of years and then found himself down the pecking order and shipped off to be a number 2. That isn't a "reliable and proven" goalkeepers' career path.

31 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Pardon? I don't have to be watching League 2 games to know his record, and his great season, happened when Shrewsbury were in League 2. As a matter of fact I have never seen him play. I can only judge him by his record and the trajectory of his career. He has gone down and down until he found a comfortable level in League 2. After that he was given a couple of years and then found himself down the pecking order and shipped off to be a number 2. That isn't a "reliable and proven" goalkeepers' career path.

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

He's hardly reliable and proven. 1 good season and then poor since by all accounts.

According to looking at his Wii page :rolleyes:

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

According to looking at his Wii page :rolleyes:

"By all accounts" usually refers to the opinions of others. I, like many others when the link was posted, read the comments from Shrewsbury fans. It was also hard not to notice his "record breaking" season in League 2 considering it was plastered everywhere he'd kept more clean sheets than Barcelona or something along those lines.

All of that aside though it's hardly irresponsible, or something worthy of your sarcastic comments, to have picked up information from Wikipedia. Where exactly are you picking up the info that leads you to believe he's "reliable and proven"? His stats? His clean sheets? Where did you obtain that information? It certainly wasn't from Shrewsbury fans because the forums upon his departure were 50/50, at best, with most saying he's found himself above his station in League 1 and selling him was the right idea, even for the pittance nominal fee they received.

Perhaps you should consider your own position before questioning others. Not the first time you've spouted nonsense and tried to decry reasonable responses against you. You are calling it a good signing with no information to back that up and then weirdly trying to attack somebody else for disagreeing with you. At least I, and others here, had the decency to do a little bit of background reading before considering him a reliable and proven goalkeeper.

19 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

"By all accounts" usually refers to the opinions of others. I, like many others when the link was posted, read the comments from Shrewsbury fans. It was also hard not to notice his "record breaking" season in League 2 considering it was plastered everywhere he'd kept more clean sheets than Barcelona or something along those lines.

All of that aside though it's hardly irresponsible, or something worthy of your sarcastic comments, to have picked up information from Wikipedia. Where exactly are you picking up the info that leads you to believe he's "reliable and proven"? His stats? His clean sheets? Where did you obtain that information? It certainly wasn't from Shrewsbury fans because the forums upon his departure were 50/50, at best, with most saying he's found himself above his station in League 1 and selling him was the right idea, even for the pittance nominal fee they received.

Perhaps you should consider your own position before questioning others. Not the first time you've spouted nonsense and tried to decry reasonable responses against you. You are calling it a good signing with no information to back that up and then weirdly trying to attack somebody else for disagreeing with you. At least I, and others here, had the decency to do a little bit of background reading before considering him a reliable and proven goalkeeper.

I did as much research as you pal. I would suggest the season he had would put him in the "reliable and proven" category. He is also an international footballer, does that not count for anything in your eyes? Ultimately I will make a decision on his ability after seeing him play a few times, and won't be writing the guy off without seeing him play, as seems to be the MO for yourself and some other keyboard managers on here. 

14 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I did as much research as you pal. I would suggest the season he had would put him in the "reliable and proven" category. He is also an international footballer, does that not count for anything in your eyes? Ultimately I will make a decision on his ability after seeing him play a few times, and won't be writing the guy off without seeing him play, as seems to be the MO for yourself and some other keyboard managers on here. 

Who else have I wrote off before seeing them play?

He's hardly a proven international - he's had a few appearances for a country that he didn't even play with at youth level. A country, I may add, that also plays SIMEON JACKSON because they are that short of quality.

You can't put him in the reliable and proven category based on his record; you can't put him in the reliable and proven category by your own judgement as you haven't seen him; you can't put him in the reliable and proven category because of his shoddy international record. So, again, I ask you, what has he done for you to claim he is? Except, of course, blind loyalty.

Game re-arranged for 31st of October, seemed a strange one to be so late, at first I thought it was due to half term and the option of getting more through the door with the kids off, but think it;s a week later.

Out of interest I was checking the next one as was planning to go Blackpool A when the next internationals are on, doesn't appear that Canada have a friendly that block.  Obviously might just mean it's not published.  However if they don't I presume we'd have to play this game without Mulgrew & Evans?

Archived