BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ex Rovers FC - Best 11 still playing

Ricky

There was a discussion on the transfer thread about players who have moved on recently and done well. Lead me to thinking of our strongest 11 still playing. We may struggle in some positions but it would be an interesting one to look at, gone for a 442 to keep it simple. Remember they must still be playing.

for a starter:

GK - Mark Bunn

RB - Ben Marshall

CB - Phil Jones

CB - Michael Keane

LB - Martin Olsson

RM - Alan Judge

CM - Stephen N'Zonzi

CM - Tom Cairney

LM

ST - Anthony Modeste

ST - Niko Kalinic

Others: Gestede, Rhodes, King, Morris,

struggling for a left winger but apart from that it's not a bad side at all. Keeper seems to be the weak area which probably comes down to the number of poor keepers we've had. Steele, Kean, Bywater, Eastwood could all have got the spot I guess.

Hoilett, the other Olsson, not sure how Petrovic is doing these days, Hanley, Duffy could all push for bench places. 

Also Shay Given would be number one or backup keeper. Without a club currently but technically not reitred.

On 23/08/2017 at 08:28, Ricky said:

struggling for a left winger but apart from that it's not a bad side at all. Keeper seems to be the weak area which probably comes down to the number of poor keepers we've had. Steele, Kean, Bywater, Eastwood could all have got the spot I guess.

I can't even remember the last time we played with wingers,

On 23/08/2017 at 08:28, Ricky said:

There was a discussion on the transfer thread about players who have moved on recently and done well. Lead me to thinking of our strongest 11 still playing. We may struggle in some positions but it would be an interesting one to look at, gone for a 442 to keep it simple. Remember they must still be playing.

for a starter:

GK - Mark Bunn

RB - Ben Marshall

CB - Phil Jones

CB - Michael Keane

LB - Martin Olsson

RM - Alan Judge

CM - Stephen N'Zonzi

CM - Tom Cairney

LM

ST - Anthony Modeste

ST - Niko Kalinic

Others: Gestede, Rhodes, King, Morris,

Who is this Bywater who played for us?

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who would be the manager? 

Has to be Sparky, right? 

If the manager still has to be managing I would say he is the outstanding candidate. (With apologies if that phrase makes people want to vomit)

Archived