SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2017-2018

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Lad was talking utter nonsense. 

Singling out Ozil is absolutely embarrassing when loads of them didn’t turn up. Why on earth Mhikitaryan (sp.?) didn’t start was beyond me. 

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Lad was talking utter nonsense. 

Singling out Ozil is absolutely embarrassing when loads of them didn’t turn up. Why on earth Mhikitaryan (sp.?) didn’t start was beyond me. 

But surely for a player who on 350k per week he should be performing in these big games? 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But surely for a player who on 350k per week he should be performing in these big games? 

I know you don’t rate Ozil, Chaddy and nothing I say will change your mind, but they hardly set the team up to get the best out of him.

Plus, salary is all relative. They didn’t have to pay him that much....

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

This time I agree that Ozil was useless. He would have played better on the bench!

Having said that Bellerin looked like he had never seen a footballl before and Monreal not much better.

When will Arsenal realise that a good defence starts with a good goalkeeper.

• Moderation Lead

These links with Barca of Bellerin must simply because he's from Catalonia and he's rapid. He's a liability time and again for them IMO.

Arsenal were never going to score 2 in Atletico's stadium. The better side won. Simeone puts out an exceptionally well drilled team. For all their annoyance the back 4 of Godin, Hernandez, Giminez, and Thomas are very good. Their midfield works well defensively too. 

We've debated Ozil to death on here. I think singling him out was harsh. He did have a bad game, but Atletico played a large part in that, and it's not like anyone else played well.

I do miss Costa in the Premier League. He's a bit of a mentalist but can play.

I said the other week that the new Arsenal manager has a decent platform to build on. I am rethinking that today. Lacazette looked like a schoolboy. Their full backs and midfielders were woeful. Mustafi and Chambers did OK against Griezmann and Costa.

Koscielny's injury was bad, he will be out for a while. Unfortunately he keeps up his record of going off in games where it matters. 

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

To be fair lacazette got absolutely no service what would ever. Monreal and bellerin where abysmal. Bit harsh singling ozil out when there is enough hate to spread around. 

Like with Rovers mate, people have their favourites or the ones they pick on. 

I cant think of many Arsenal players to emerge with much credit last night tbh.

Archived