BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2017-2018

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for security, how can 20,000 away fans turn up in London and the MET not know they're coming? 

Last year London tax payers forked out almost £7m for policing football in the capital, they should get a rebate after last nights debacle.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

So much for security, how can 20,000 away fans turn up in London and the MET not know they're coming? 

Certainly an odd one is this.There were thousands of away fans who had bought tickets for home areas too,how?

No major trouble but could have been nasty.

I don't like to say this but English clubs now seem fair game away and home for Foreign troublemakers,we appear to them a soft touch..

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Certainly an odd one is this.There were thousands of away fans who had bought tickets for home areas too,how?

I don't like to say this but English clubs now seem fair game away and home for Foreign troublemakers,we appear to them a soft touch..

Reputation proceeds them(unfairly in 99% of the supporters cases). If I was English I would seriously consider not going to Russia. Even as an Irish person I would. I think things could get nasty over there. 

Last night could definitely have ended up worse. I'm not sure fans of other clubs see English supporters as a soft touch, what makes you think this? I think it is the same old s**t of pockets of hooligans from both clubs organizing a brainless fight. 

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Thing is SG, football hooliganism was a 70's and 80's phenomena in the U.K as we both know, and mostly died out in 90's early 2000's.

Europe, a bit like burnley, are about 25yrs behind the times, we've moved on, but that doesn't stop us now being easy targets for these idiots. Our press play a big part In hoodwinking everyone into thinking it's still the English disease, when in fact it's not been the English disease for 20yrs and despite the drivel written by wet behind the ears middle class hacks, the real football fans in this country know the score. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ancelotti has been given the boot at Bayern after their 3-0 loss to PSG yesterday. I wouldn't bet against a Premier League return for him. West Ham perhaps? Or Arsenal?

There's no shame in getting beat in a group stage match against a talented PSG team. Mbappe is a class above. If he keeps it up France will win another World Cup soon enough.  

2 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Ancelotti has been given the boot at Bayern after their 3-0 loss to PSG yesterday. I wouldn't bet against a Premier League return for him. West Ham perhaps? Or Arsenal?

There's no shame in getting beat in a group stage match against a talented PSG team. Mbappe is a class above. If he keeps it up France will win another World Cup soon enough.  

West Ham? Ancelotti's an A-list manager who's won countless titles and 3 Champions Leagues, West Ham would be some fall after Madrid, Bayern, PSG etc!

Personally think he might fancy a return to Italy, back to Milan now they've got a bit of money or even the national side.

13 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I always felt rashford was as good as mbappe. Still do

For England's sake I hope that he is.

4 minutes ago, frosty said:

West Ham? Ancelotti's an A-list manager who's won countless titles and 3 Champions Leagues, West Ham would be some fall after Madrid, Bayern, PSG etc!

Personally think he might fancy a return to Italy, back to Milan now they've got a bit of money or even the national side.

West Ham have always had ideas above their station. His name will be bandied around when Bilic gets the boot.

He's already won it all at Milan. Why go back?

3 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

He's already won it all at Milan. Why go back?

I think he was tempted by a return when there was a vacancy there after he left Madrid a couple of years ago. Great manager, although they do always say never go back.....

• Moderation Lead

It's incredibly ambitious (delusional, really) of West Ham to think they could attract Ancelotti. It would be a hell of a coup if they managed it, but I doubt he'd go there tbh.

21 hours ago, K-Hod said:

It's incredibly ambitious (delusional, really) of West Ham to think they could attract Ancelotti. It would be a hell of a coup if they managed it, but I doubt he'd go there tbh.

Thanks to Sky, West Ham are one of the richest clubs in the world...

• Moderation Lead

I’m not disputing that they could throw plenty of cash at him and the reasons for that, heck, he’s probably still got his house from when he was manager at Chelsea!

I just imagine either:

1) He’d get a much better job offer

2) He really doesn’t need the money and would consider the job ‘beneath him’.

Happy to eat my words like, but I can’t imagine he would go there....

On 9/30/2017 at 14:30, Stuart said:

Thanks to Sky, West Ham are one of the richest clubs in the world...

Not to mention the generous British tax payer contributing heavily to the tenancy of the  new shiny stadium*. Bargain or what

*Some of you might have missed it that Wham moved from Upton park , don't think it was covered in the news much :) 

• Moderation Lead
7 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Not to mention the generous British tax payer contributing heavily to the tenancy of the  new shiny stadium*. Bargain or what

*Some of you might have missed it that Wham moved from Upton park , don't think it was covered in the news much :) 

That last game at the 'Boleyn Ground' (when did it cease to be Upton park?) thing on Sky was cringeworthy as well!

On 9/30/2017 at 12:45, philipl said:

Following on from this week's games, beginning to wonder if this season the Prem might dominate the Champions League after a few lean seasons.

I think they will. Only real madrid, barce, bayern and juve are any better than the 5 english clubs..maybe psg should be in there too.

• 2 months later...

The last round of Champs League group fixtures are today and tomorrow.

City, Spurs, Chelsea are already in the hat for the knockout stage, and barring a miracle set of results so are Man U. If Liverpool avoid defeat at Anfield against Spartak Moscow they are through too.

This BBC article summarises it well; http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42085437

Hopefully all 5 get through.

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

The last round of Champs League group fixtures are today and tomorrow.

City, Spurs, Chelsea are already in the hat for the knockout stage, and barring a miracle set of results so are Man U. If Liverpool avoid defeat at Anfield against Spartak Moscow they are through too.

This BBC article summarises it well; http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42085437

Hopefully all 5 get through.

The same United and Liverpool who supported FUP? No chance. Couldn't care less what country they represent that's the England players job anyway.

I can't understand why people on here don't hate UEFA more. Rovers have been victims of their ridiculous rules. Even if you want to blame Venkys incompetence that transfer ban was unjust. You might say "oh some billionaire won't come in anyway" but who knows? Regardless of that its about the principle and nobody on here can endorse FUP without insulting Jack Walker.

Archived