Just a feeling they’ll go through 

Edit - there’s one, poor defending

Double Edit - was offside, Liverpool won’t care 

triple edit - 2-0! Tie will be over tonight 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I can’t stand Liverpool, but fair play to them, they’ve done a number on City tonight. They were shocking. They did miss Aguero, but they should have had enough to put up a fight or have a meaningful chance at the very least. 

Absolutely appalling performance from City.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I fancy Liverpool to win 3-0 or 3-1 tonight

Did you definitely post that before the first goal haha? Great shout if so!

Excellent from Liverpool and Klopp certainly knows what it takes to beat Guardiola. One goal for Liverpool in the second leg and it's tie over.

• Backroom
Just now, frosty said:

Did you definitely post that before the first goal haha? Great shout if so!

Excellent from Liverpool and Klopp certainly knows what it takes to beat Guardiola. One goal for Liverpool in the second leg and it's tie over.

I did 

I’m a terrible tipster I usually just predict the opposite of what I want to happen, not keen on Liverpool just had a feeling we’d be hearing about ‘another famous European night at Anfield’ ?

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Klopp’s natural caution obviously came over to the players in his half time talk, so they’ve dropped back second half inviting pressure instead of piling on more goals.

Oh wait, that was Mowbray on Monday...

Yes but MK Dons do have Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Gundogan etc

Oh wait, that was City tonight.

4 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

I see they smashed citys coach up as they arrived I wonder if there will be be any repercussions from UEFA for that, if that happens at Millwall the press would be all over it.

Well UEFA haven't exactly gone out of their way to appease City in the past especially with that ludicrous reaction over the CL anthem. As for the bus attack can't say I was particularly bothered when West Ham did similar to someone else! Bit ridiculous for Guardiola to compare it to Dortmund.

Imagine Liverpool fans taking all the credit for the scoreline. Nothing egotistical about that fanbase at all...

12 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Well UEFA haven't exactly gone out of their way to appease City in the past especially with that ludicrous reaction over the CL anthem. As for the bus attack can't say I was particularly bothered when West Ham did similar to someone else! Bit ridiculous for Guardiola to compare it to Dortmund.

Imagine Liverpool fans taking all the credit for the scoreline. Nothing egotistical about that fanbase at all...

Must have been a hard watch for you tonight mate seeing your beloved City crumble like that? 

8 hours ago, had.e.nuff said:

I see they smashed citys coach up as they arrived I wonder if there will be be any repercussions from UEFA for that, if that happens at Millwall the press would be all over it.

That was disgraceful and ultimately self defeating. What's the betting that exactly the same thing happens to the Liverpool coach for the second leg. Liverpool should be made to play the next leg in a closed stadium if they get through. This is England not Turkey.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That was disgraceful and ultimately self defeating. What's the betting that exactly the same thing happens to the Liverpool coach for the second leg. Liverpool should be made to play the next leg in a closed stadium if they get through. This is England not Turkey.

I wonder what effect (if any) the incident had on some of the City players. Normally the team are fast starters but on this occasion they were sluggish. Guardiola definitely looked shaken up by the events.

Hopefully UEFA will come down hard on Liverpool and not just with a pointless fine.

You can't really prove that and its an excuse really. What if City had won 3-0 would people say it was because they were so angered by what Liverpool fans did? If people play poorly they should just admit it.  Liverpool players may have been helped by support but away players should never be intimidated by a crowd. It's not like people were running on the pitch every 5 minutes (far as I know)

The Liverpool v City game is at half time and as we know teams can come back from 3 down. If City score first it's game on, if Liverpool score first probably game over. It's going to be very watchable.

Not much comment on here about Ronaldo's worldie overhead kick goal....but as Zlatan said ... can he do it from 40 yards out? LOL.

Ronaldo also missed a couple, one so bad it made Samuel's chance at MK look very difficult.

• Moderation Lead
11 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

The midfield three of Liverpool were unreal. Get them on that plane!

The difference in the Ox since going to Liverpool has been like night and day.

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Very true. I really thought Klopp was making a huge expensive mistake but Ox has been a revelation.

Those Liverpool fullbacks are a bit special too.

• Moderation Lead
26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Very true. I really thought Klopp was making a huge expensive mistake but Ox has been a revelation.

Those Liverpool fullbacks are a bit special too.

Robertson has been exceptional this season since he's been in the team. Alexander-Arnold apart from that game against United has looked very composed considering his age.

Clyne has a really big job on getting back into the team.....

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

He obviously responds well to lots of hugs. I wouldn't say Wenger is the hugging type. Klopp loves a hug

What a performance last night by the pool. City definitely weren't at the races, but whether that was because of what happened pre game with the bus or due to the absolute shell shocking they got at being 3-0 down so quickly, its hard to know. Nothing went right for them anyway. I thought Liverpool had a good second half too, obviously shatered, but defensively they did the right thing, constantly making City play the channels. Roberston and Arnold were immense. I found Sane very frustrating to watch last night. Greedy ,with a terrible end product. 

What a game that was. Liverpool took City to the cleaners. However, it's far from over. I can see City doing the same next week.

I don't think the bus incident had anything to do with City's performance. Liverpool's energy plus Guardiola's iffy team selection are reasons enough. Laporte at left back. Walker on his own on the right, and Gundogan doing nothing in midfield. Very strange. I can understand Sterling as sub, despite his good season. He hasn't played well against Liverpool since leaving and he was crap when he came on last night, and picked up a booking.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I said time and again that he should sign for Klopp. He's a player who thrives on energy. He would have been stifled at Chelsea.

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

I wonder what effect (if any) the incident had on some of the City players. Normally the team are fast starters but on this occasion they were sluggish. Guardiola definitely looked shaken up by the events.

Hopefully UEFA will come down hard on Liverpool and not just with a pointless fine.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it had had a big effect. These superstar footballers are so sheltered from everyday life by agents, aides, minders etc I imagine that being in the middle of a violent baying mob of scousers foaming at the mouth mustve made them feel like Marie Antionette on Bastille Day. It might have crossed a mind or two what on earth would getting out of Liverpool be like if they won the game.

10 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if it had had a big effect. These superstar footballers are so sheltered from everyday life by agents, aides, minders etc I imagine that being in the middle of a violent baying mob of scousers foaming at the mouth mustve made them feel like Marie Antionette on Bastille Day. It might have crossed a mind or two what on earth would getting out of Liverpool be like if they won the game.

I was in a people carrier going to Man City when it was attacked by an irate cyclist with what looked like a knife but it could have been a piece of metal. Although this incident had nothing to do with the game shat themselves and they were petrified (but they were soft Southerners). Of course being a Darrener I wasn't scared in the slightest ?. They definitely went into the match with this on their minds.

Archived