BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v MK Dons

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly flattering score I thought, for a long while I'd have been happy to cling on to the 2-1 but scoring 4 should give us confidence going into the unwanted international break. Thank God for Mulgrew, he looks a cut above everyone else and it will be a real bonus if we can keep hold of him.

Individually Williams is turning into a real liability and is costing us a goal a game at the moment. Conway and Bennett do one or two  bits of minor decensive tidying up but offer absolutely nothing going forwarx and young Chapman showed more in a few minutes after coming on  than they did in 90. The youngster surely has to play a more prominent role.

Up front Samuel looks a great player at this level,  a proper handful. Conversely on early impressions Antonsson looks very disappointing.

As others have said, Smallwood much improved. A lot of improvement still required but we 're up and running at last.

Onwards and upwards.

Before today, it was over a year and a half since we last won a competitive match by a 3-goal margin. Great result, and nice to see us going for it when we went comfortably ahead.

I like Samuel's determination; he's one of very few players looking confident. He just needs to rein it in a bit, or he'll soon be looking at a quick suspension. But if he's bagging goals for us, I'll forgive him a few suspensions throughout the season!

Mulgrew's set-pieces are going to be invaluable this season. Let's hope he stays injury-free.

Seeing Graham on the bench, with two supposed lesser strikers ahead of him, I'd agree that he's likely to go before the end of the month. Sounds like the destinies of the two smoggies aren't intertwined.

17 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

You predicted 3-1.

'Big' bet goes on the win, a cheeky small bet on the score.  Using a golfing analogy 'drive for show, putt for dough' !

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Slightly flattering score I thought, for a long while I'd have been happy to cling on to the 2-1 but scoring 4 should give us confidence going into the unwanted international break. Thank God for Mulgrew, he looks a cut above everyone else and it will be a real bonus if we can keep hold of him.

Individually Williams is turning into a real liability and is costing us a goal a game at the moment. Conway and Bennett do one or two  bits of minor decensive tidying up but offer absolutely nothing going forwarx and young Chapman showed more in a few minutes after coming on  than they did in 90. The youngster surely has to play a more prominent role.

Up front Samuel looks a great player at this level,  a proper handful. Conversely on early impressions Antonsson looks very disappointing.

As others have said, Smallwood much improved. A lot of improvement still required but we 're up and running at last.

Onwards and upwards.

Any 'waves' from Mulgrew at the end that could possibly be construed as thanks and goodbye?

5 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Beat Bolton in 2013 4-1 reckon that could be last one. 

There was also the FA Cup match against Stoke on Valentine's Day 2015.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:30, Dreams of 1995 said:

6 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Before today, it was over a year and a half since we last won a competitive match by a 3-goal margin. Great result, and nice to see us going for it when we went comfortably ahead.

I like Samuel's determination; he's one of very few players looking confident. He just needs to rein it in a bit, or he'll soon be looking at a quick suspension. But if he's bagging goals for us, I'll forgive him a few suspensions throughout the season!

Mulgrew's set-pieces are going to be invaluable this season. Let's hope he stays injury-free.

Seeing Graham on the bench, with two supposed lesser strikers ahead of him, I'd agree that he's likely to go before the end of the month. Sounds like the destinies of the two smoggies aren't intertwined.

Great win but mk dons were very poor. 

Smallwood and Mulgrew were excellent today as was Evans. 

I agree i think Graham could be on his way seeing gladwin put on ahead him must have been a kick in the teeth.

I thought antossan looked lost. Worrying I didn't think our two strikers offered anything. 

Thought Chapman was excellent took over from where Conway.

Enjoying a nice cool fosters in the postal order to celebrate a good win.

See you all at Rochdale 

• Moderation Lead

Agree with Revidge (for a change) that 4-1 was slightly flattering, but my God did we need that. Some points of concern like Evans ducking out of a challenge, Williams looking nervous a lot, lad just needs to relax! Samuel is quality, Chapman looks exciting, albeit a bit raw, but when he skinned the MK Dons defender and put a cross in at pace that was a particular highlight for me. 

Smallwood was everywhere and looks like the stopper we need.

Onwards and upwards.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Great win but mk dons were very poor. 

Smallwood and Mulgrew were excellent today as was Evans. 

I agree i think Graham could be on his way seeing gladwin put on ahead him must have been a kick in the teeth.

I thought antossan looked lost. Worrying I didn't think our two strikers offered anything. 

Thought Chapman was excellent took over from where Conway.

Enjoying a nice cool fosters in the postal order to celebrate a good win.

See you all at Rochdale 

You must know more about football than you do about beer.

4 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Antonsson needs game time. He hasn't been playing regularly at Leeds, but Mowbray has obviously seen something in him.

But to say that Samuel doesn't offer anything is plain wrong. He's got goals (4 in 6 this season), works hard, and has some Rooney-esque "passion". More of the same please!

Goid performance, still a lot to improve on but we should go up if Mowbray keeps it simple like he did today. Much better when we went to a 4-4-1-1 than a 4-4-2.

Raya: Didn't have a lot to do but didn't really put a foot wrong. 7

Caddis: Not great, Nyambe first choice for me. 5

Ward: Played well like he did against Bradford. 7

Mulgrew: A class above like usual, but should have done better for their goal. 8

Williams: Ok. 6.5

Bennett: Excellent, never stopped running. 8

Evans: Not much wrong, good performance. 7

Smallwood: Just what we need in midfield, none stop. 100x the player Jason Lowe ever will be. 9

Conway: Disappointing performance from him. 6

Antonsson: Just bad, looks a poor signing. 2

Samuel: I really rate him, he'll be a big player for us this season. 8

Chapman: Definitely deserves a start, excellent when he came on. 8

Looking forward to seeing Dack, Chapman and Bennett playing behind Samuel when Dack's fit.

Thought the score flattered us, in what was a very dull game despite 5 goals being scored.

William's goal was a stunner, looking forward to seeing the replay to that.

MK Don's were very poor, their keeper will be kicking himself over the free-kick, it wasn't one of Mulgrew's cleaner struck shots but it somehow found itself past the wall and into the net. 

Chapman's introduction gave Rovers their best offensive passage of the game, with us looking dangerous the last 15 minutes.

I think Raya had the most touches of any player on the pitch today despite not having a save to make, as we went backwards more than forwards as we lacked any real creativity, Its easy to look at 4 goals and think we must of created loads, but truth is it was completely the opposite.

Surprised Gladwin was chosen over Graham to come off the bench which may signal that Graham is one of the players potentially moving on, with my guess being Birmingham if this is the case?

Antonsson, was poor again, looked very low in confidence and offered very little. Samuel is going to improve with games, he is putting himself about and going looking for the ball, when it does not come, which is what we have been crying out for

Both sides on show today Rovers and MK Don's will need to show a lot more as the season progresses if they want to challenge for a top six finish. 

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Agree with Revidge (for a change) that 4-1 was slightly flattering, but my God did we need that. Some points of concern like Evans ducking out of a challenge, Williams looking nervous a lot, lad just needs to relax! Samuel is quality, Chapman looks exciting, albeit a bit raw, but when he skinned the MK Dons defender and put a cross in at pace that was a particular highlight for me. 

Smallwood was everywhere and looks like the stopper we need.

Onwards and upwards.

To be fair with better composure we could have scored 4 by half time.  We didn't play brilliantly but I thought we looked a lot brighter than MK.  

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

To be fair with better composure we could have scored 4 by half time.  We didn't play brilliantly but I thought we looked a lot brighter than MK.  

Oh aye, we were far superior and you're right re the two chances in the first half (Antonsson and Samuel). I do think Antonsson will get better, he seems short on confidence and sharpness, but I don't think he's played much in a while. 

I don't think we will play many poorer teams than MK this season. Also, that has to be one of the worst away followings I can remember!

Archived