BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v MK Dons

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not my opinion. Hopeless he was not but its suits your argument. 

Worked hard, should have scored in 1st half but tired second half. 

Grajsm looks out of favour and possibly on his way

Should have but he ...DID NOT !     FAIL !

If your a true Rover chaddy you'd be questioning the abilities of the foreign wankdog and not a fellow Rover.

Why ?

Looking forward to Nyambe watch when he comes on. ?

Several posters say Antonsson is a bad one, enough said, if,  he getting a starting line up and failing miserably send the useless ferker back 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We were good today Chaddy -  but Antonsson was awful. Really awful.

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Antonsson was dire.

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Need a striker replacement..

Jamie Hanson at Sheff Utd?

I posted a link about Hanson possibly coming here from the Sheffield Star a week or two ago. The LT poured cold water on it the day after.

7 minutes ago, JAL said:

If your a true Rover chaddy you'd be questioning the abilities of the foreign wankdog and not a fellow Rover.

Why ?

Several posters say Antonsson is a bad one, enough said, if,  he getting a starting line up and failing miserably send the useless ferker back 

:lol:

I'll admit that's a new one on me!

5 minutes ago, donnermeat said:

:lol:

I'll admit that's a new one on me!

must admit was laughing at that one, thinking must remember that for future use

although PhilT's "Is Ben Gladwin a footballer? He's like an over-enthusiastic spaniel." wins the quote of the thread today for me.

Raya didn't really have much to do today. Needs to stop kicking straight into touch. 

Caddis scares the daylights out of me. Too small and slow, he was okay today but I think I prefer Nyambes athletic ability back there.

Ward and Mulgrew strolled the game game again. Ward showed some nice touches today and Mulgrew was spectacular.

Williams was poor again apart from a cracking strike. His general play is panicy and rushed. Cleared the ball out of play on numerous occasions in the second half. Goal hides his overall performance.

Bennett flatters to deceive for me, but played well enough today. Lots of drifting inside which caused us to have zero threat on the right.

Evans and Smallwood were excellent. I thought Smallwood was the very best player on the pitch. One man wrecking machine. A proper defensive midfielder, showed some passing range today also. 

Conway is good positionally but I need a winger to beat a man, didn't do that once today. Again he was okay today, he puts some nice balls into the box.

Antonsson doesn't work particularly hard, expect him to close down quicker. Should have scored first half. Apparently he is an excellent finisher. Jury still out.

Samuel was excellent again, looks like the total package, big fast strong etc. improved after half time.

Gladwin looked dreadful when he came on but did play a nice ball into Chapman for the assist in the 4th.

Chapman-Wow. The boy is lightning quick, positive player who looks awful to mark. Get him in the starting 11 Tony.

All in all a great win for us, although we didn't really play as well as the score line suggests. We didn't look in too much trouble today.

Shopping list for Tony midweek:

Ship Danny Graham out

Sign Lucas Joao asap and play him up top with Samuel.

Sign an animal of a centre half, I think the correct term we are looking for is uncompromising

Need a starting left back.

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Can you stop this. Of course people post things that back up their argument. That's kind of the point of a messageboard.

I have to agree with this. This whole "in my opinion he wasn't hopeless, but you say he is because it suits your argument" thing is pathetic. What kind of man are you? It suits YOUR argument to say he wasn't hopeless. It's not the first time he's tried to belittle an opinion with the little chirp "you would say that, it suits..." as if an argument isn't based on an opinion to begin with. Pathetic.

Aside from that gripe it's been a good day as a Rovers fan. A pleasing performance, although the scoreline is rather flattering. I'm a huge fan of Samuel - thought he did well when he came on against Burnley and played well today. Gets himself about, bullies defenders and has a decent right peg on him too. I think he'll become a firm fan favourite this season.

Can we send Antonsson back? There's much better out there. He has the touch of a brick wall and has no confidence whatsoever. I'm sorry but I'm sick of Rovers being a club to get others' back up to pace. Another terrible performance by him.

Williams is poor. Hits the panic button almost every time he's closed down.

I agree with the QPR fans about Ben Gladwin. He's a very poor player and flatters to deceive. One or two good touches shouldn't overshadow the generally dismal performance he serves up. I can't see him lasting long at the club, with any luck.

I will top my hat to Ward today. He had a better game than usual. You won't hear me repeat that.

Overall it was nice to send the franchise packing to their roundabout-laden shanty town.

• Backroom

Personally find it very hard to grumble at the turnaround. First two games we lost too easily.

Last two games (league) we've kept it simple and ground out a 1-0 vs our (hopefully) promotion rivals and battered a poor team while flattering to deceive.

I believe both of those are meant to be the sign of a good, winning team?

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Smallwood was unreal today. 10/10. I will post a deeper review later, got get the party food going for the fight.

what the hell is Smallwood doing here at least a top half championship player on what I have seen so far this season

29 minutes ago, JAL said:

Why ?

Not attend Jal today?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Antonsson was absolutely hopeless chaddy, and bottles challenges.

Totally agree.  He looks very poor at the moment and offers little or nothing.  Samuel worked non-stop but had little or no support from the Leeds lad who constantly lost the ball.  Chapman looks a player and would happily see him playing alongside Samuel.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Totally agree.  He looks very poor at the moment and offers little or nothing.  Samuel worked non-stop but had little or no support from the Leeds lad who constantly lost the ball.  Chapman looks a player and would happily see him playing alongside Samuel.

Oh dear. This leaves chaddy in all sorts of bother - he can't like a parson post.

Great win today poor match quality how Mowbray can select Antonsson before Danny Graham is a complete mystery to me unless Graham is the player Mowbray said was leaving the club next week.Antonsson runs around a lot but is physically to slight and when a golden chance came in the first half he passed it back to MKDons keeper if Leeds have paid money for him then they were robbed and if he scored a lot of goals in Sweden then  all I can say is their league must be of a poor standard anyway thank God for Charlie Mulgrew a class above.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

I've not seen the lad play but if he's as good as people say he is he's best kept out wide were he can get around the side of teams. Playing up front against big centre halves might not suit his game. Would you have played the young Damien Duff up front ?

Archived