BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v MK Dons

On 26/08/2017 at 20:04, chaddyrovers said:

What assurances did the club give the so called footballing authorities that the players were safe to play yesterday ?

For me it should have been played behind closed doors after Wednesdays cup game incident.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, JAL said:

What assurances did the club give the so called footballing authorities that the players were safe to play yesterday ?

For me it should have been played behind closed doors after Wednesdays cup game incident.

How the hell do I?

You missed a good game. Rovers win. 

Played behind closed doors? You are having a laugh lad.  ???

17 minutes ago, JAL said:

I normally agree with you, but you've gone a bit doolally here. Why would you want that as a rovers fan? 

Just now, MGPensioner said:

He isn't having a laugh

There is an investigation pending

100% big fine and likely 1-3 games behind closed doors.

it's called responsibility 

If someone goes on the pitch and attacks a player the club is responsible.

Fine. No game behind closed doors

41 minutes ago, JAL said:

For me it should have been played behind closed doors

That'll be the next Burnley match if one comes around in the next few seasons.

12 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

He isn't having a laugh

There is an investigation pending

100% big fine and likely 1-3 games behind closed doors.

it's called responsibility 

If someone goes on the pitch and attacks a player the club is responsible.

Just a fine. Nothing more. 

14 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

An Arsenal corner is cleared out to one of the Arsenal centre halves standing inside the Liverpool half, he's the last man in centre field. It's a looping clearance but instead of going forward to meet the ball and heading it back into the mixer he hangs back and tries to control a bouncing ball.

Heading the ball into the mixer is beneath Wenger's style of play.

Managers live and die by their own sword. Wenger will always go down in history as a successful manager, but his stubbornness and lack of pragmatism will always stop him from being one of the greats.

10 hours ago, thorpefleet said:

Was Burnley the Tonic to waken the squad ??? 

Looks like we're drinking partners with Chelsea and Tottington.

4 hours ago, Phil T said:

Heading the ball into the mixer is beneath Wenger's style of play.

Managers live and die by their own sword. Wenger will always go down in history as a successful manager, but his stubbornness and lack of pragmatism will always stop him from being one of the greats.

Like I said earlier - play the percentages. If that ball had have been headed back into the goal mouth what would be the odds on Liverpool scoring from that bit of play ?

Surprised at the amount of negative comments after what was on the whole a decent display.  After the early goal we were well on top and should have had a second, switched off and bang 1-1.  I was happy with how we responded so quickly though and showed the right attitude.  We did cause our own problems at times and there are certainly things we need to improve on.  On Antonsson you'd just have to hope that with lack of game time at Leeds he's lacking a bit of confidence, however so far you'd be concerned.  Most of the players we've brought in have at least started off well, he's not even managed that.

Was a surprise and slight disappointment not to see Graham on in the 2nd half, would be very surprised if he's hear by weekend, just got to hope and pray Mulgrew is.  In fairness MK were started to get a bit of control and Mowbray told Gladwin to get stuck into the big lad in the middle for them which worked in terms of stopping them getting control.  Don't think they were the worst side we;ll see but did show that if we work hard and get in to teams we can force errors, like with the first goal, and have the quality to win well when not at our top level.

Another thing I hope that will stand us in decent shape is our squad size and options we've got.  There's options on the bench and out injured yet MK lost their best player in Agard and looked weak by comparison.  Just shows how important to keep and even add to the squad this week though, will be a tough old season and definitely need to keep that advantage.  Fully accept Charlie getting MOTM but Smallwood was a joy to watch must have won so many tackles it was unreal.

11 minutes ago, Manchester Blue said:

Mowbray told Gladwin to get stuck into the big lad in the middle for them which worked in terms of stopping them getting control.

In fairness to Mowbray his subs were spot on. Gladwin did occupy the space controlled by their big lad but Mowbray wasn't happy with him. There were lots of arms going up in the air and shouting at Gladwin to wake up. It was the third goal that killed it and that was because Chapman had started to push them deeper because they couldn't handle him. Good ball by Gladwin for the 4th, but he looked a man scared to be on the pitch. Mowbray alluded to the fact he was suffering a crisis of confidence after the game and it showed.  Hopefully with time his confidence will grow because he certainly has ability with the ball at his feet.

36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

In fairness to Mowbray his subs were spot on. Gladwin did occupy the space controlled by their big lad but Mowbray wasn't happy with him. There were lots of arms going up in the air and shouting at Gladwin to wake up. It was the third goal that killed it and that was because Chapman had started to push them deeper because they couldn't handle him. Good ball by Gladwin for the 4th, but he looked a man scared to be on the pitch. Mowbray alluded to the fact he was suffering a crisis of confidence after the game and it showed.  Hopefully with time his confidence will grow because he certainly has ability with the ball at his feet.

Fully agree he was getting frustrated he kept shouting at him you could tell that, I'm just meaning the intention was to stop Cisse having as much influence and it worked in that regard.  he's a strange one Gladwin, I said to my Dad about 10 mins after he'd come on he was trying and working his socks off but everything he did went wrong, such as misplaced passes etc.  He does seem to wander off as well hence I think Mowbray shouting.  Like you say, and in fairness you'd think with a few others if the confidence starts to come they could actually do decent things.  I know we'd all like to expect they are professionals and shouldn't need this but the the reality is we need to pick up this kind of player and hope Mowbray can work his magic.

Just now, Manchester Blue said:

He does seem to wander off as well hence I think Mowbray shouting.

That was it exactly. He didn't seem tuned in and wasn't concentrating properly. Like you say though that's where we are as far as recruitment goes, picking players up on the cheap and hoping the potential they have can be mined.

• Paul unpinned this topic

Archived