BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v MK Dons

The sense of anticipation and excitement for this game is almost palpable. I know I won't be the only one who has talked about nothing else all week.

MK Dons were formed in 2003 (ish) out of the ashes of Wimbledon, whose fans started AFC Wimbledon in protest at the decision to take the original 'Dons' out of Sarf Landon and up to Milton Keynes. 

Milton Keynes itself is famous for concrete cows. This picture was taken during Burnley's last visit there.

Image result for Liz Leyh

The biggest 'cow' ranks just above Danny Graham in the Opta Stats for 'distance covered'.

There are four players that have played for both teams including Ex-Rovers 'favourite' and 'Pointer' Sister, Keith Andrews.

Large

The others are Aaron Daron, Sam Gallagher and Jemal Johnson. Paul Ince has managed both teams. He learnt a lot at MK Dons, we were lucky to get him:-

sBa1Cw2.jpg

Their current manager is Robbie Neilsen who they got from Hearts in 2016. Osman Sow, who' they've just signed from the same place, is their star striker. Well, he's scored their only goal so far this season in the League. They've only conceded two though. This promises to be a cracker!

Sky Preview: http://www.skysports.com/football/blackburn-vs-mk-dons/preview/375208

Prediction: 1-0 Rovers (Samuel) Att; 9,001.

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Wednesday I really don't know what to expect but I sincerely hope there will be several changes to the starting line up. Mowbray should really have come to understand that we need to play play a back four although injuries may restrict his options. Jack Doyle should start for me in place of Williams and if we had an option at right back I would leave Caddis out. 

As for the result I haven't a clue.

I'll go for a 1-0 win. We seem to have done OK after being beaten by B*rnley in recent times.

Time to put the defeat behind us and focus on the important thing this season.

This is a massive game both for us and for Mowbray. After resting the likes of Evans, Bennett, Conway, Graham and Samuel he has to live up to the expectation and bring a home win. Can't see them bringing many and I can't see us having many on after Wednesday. Attendance below 8k in my opinion.

I hope Dack is fit for this game as we severely lacked any creativity. Any news on Lenihan or is he on the train to Sheffield? Is Wharton fit? 

GK: Raya

Defence: Caddis, Mulgrew, ANYONE BUT WARD, Doyle

Midfield: Smallwood Evans

AM: Bennett, Dack, Conway

FW: Samuel

Chapman and Graham on the bench. Rest can do one.

30 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Looking forward to getting over tomorrow for 1st game of the season.  Hopefully we can get the win. For I'd expect Conway  samuel  Bennett to come in. 

If Dack is out then TM may go with graham and samuel up top. Don't be surprised if Chapman starts. 

See yous tomorrow 

Dack is out till at least after the International break. I think 2 nil to Rovers.

Just hoping for a positive performance and we take the initiative as we need to in the home games.  I'd prefer 2 up front but won't be desperately upset, as long as the 1 isn't isolated as has happened.  MK Dons look sound defensively so you'd very much expect them to get men behind the ball and make it tough, so absolutely huge for us to get first goal and get them out.

The last time we scored first, in the first half of a game and actually went on to win at Ewood in the league was all the way back in October last year against Nottingham Forest. Let that one sink in.

This game has 0-0 written all over it.

Must win for Mowbray, it's unforgivable if we don't after the team he picked on Wednesday. I would go with:

Raya

Caddis Ward Mulgrew Williams

Chapman Smallwood Evans Conway

Bennett

Samuel

That team should be more than capable of winning this game.

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

Must win for Mowbray, it's unforgivable if we don't after the team he picked on Wednesday. I would go with:

Raya

Caddis Ward Mulgrew Williams

Chapman Smallwood Evans Conway

Bennett

Samuel

That team should be more than capable of winning this game.

This would be my team too, maybe switch around Bennett & Champman? I don't know, but I'd certainly start with that lineup and bring Graham on for the last half hour if we're still drawing, or maybe even losing.

Stop fecking about with formations Mowbray and keep it simple.

Given our injury list, I would go 442 with:

Raya / Nyambe, Mulgrew, Ward, Doyle / Conway, Smallwood, Bennett, Chapman / Graham, Samuel

With that formation and those players, there should be more than enough to see off MKD.  3-1 to Rovers.

11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I can't believe people are still willing to give Ward a go at centre back. It's like everyone is blind to how detrimental he is to our team.

What's the alternative at the moment?

9 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I can't believe people are still willing to give Ward a go at centre back. It's like everyone is blind to how detrimental he is to our team.

Unfortunately no alternative. Lenihan still 'injured' along with Wharton. Despite the manager saying he wanted more bodies things have gone very quiet indeed on the transfer front given it is only a week until the window shuts.

A cynic would suggest nothing can/will happen with incomings until there's an outgoing or two...

• K-Hod pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, alcd said:

What's the alternative at the moment?

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately no alternative. Lenihan still 'injured' along with Wharton. Despite the manager saying he wanted more bodies things have gone very quiet indeed on the transfer front given it is only a week until the window shuts.

A cynic would suggest nothing can/will happen with incomings until there's an outgoing or two...

Williams at centre half with Doyle left back. Nyambe at centre half with Caddis on the right.

Either of them two have to do a better job than Ward. It is at least worth a go.

37 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

He played well against Bradford and there is no one else. We desperately need a new one.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If Nyambe is fit I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Mowbray went back his ill fated three at the back. 

Ya, if we click in attack though it may work,although if we don't, we will probably concede first. That's the gamble. Personally, I would just stick with 4-4-2 and let our more talented players do their jobs. 

I am going to lump on Samuel for first goal 

Archived