BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Blackburn Pubs

Good

1 hour ago, GreenRover said:

Thanks. Are there any good pubs near Ewood? Any good match day pubs? 

Good atmosphere usually in the Fox & Hounds at the bottom of Livesey Branch Rd. Easy stagger walk over to the ground after a couple of beers, and the matchday volumes sold mean the pints are fresh and bright. A bit further up the hill there's the Brown Cow, Moorgate and White Bull, all of which are a decent place for a beer and a chat pre-game. Which part of the Green are you coming from (I used to live & work in Galway) but now am a blow in back n Blackburn :)

2 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Good

Good atmosphere usually in the Fox & Hounds at the bottom of Livesey Branch Rd. Easy stagger walk over to the ground after a couple of beers, and the matchday volumes sold mean the pints are fresh and bright. A bit further up the hill there's the Brown Cow, Moorgate and White Bull, all of which are a decent place for a beer and a chat pre-game. Which part of the Green are you coming from (I used to live & work in Galway) but now am a blow in back n Blackburn :)

I am from Co. Clare just south of Galway. Not many of us Blackburn supporters ere but doesn't stop me raving about them. Can't wait to Nov 25th. Bringing over a few friends who are not Rovers supporters but want to see Ewood. So am looking for a few good pubs before and after and hopefully a big Blackburn Rovers win. ???⚽️?⚪️??

There's a few good pubs in Blackburn and you can tell the council are really making an effort to improve the social side of the town. Pub by pub we seem to be dismantling all the poor, cheap ones and they're being replaced with some decent pubs. Unfortunately, it seems the price of beer goes up as the class of people you are with does.

You can get cheap beers during the day in the likes of Molloys but the people in there are there for the cheap beer - it's not a nice pub to sit and have a chat in.

The Drummers Arms in town is a nice, but rather small, pub. Always get a good chat with whoever else is in because you are forced to sit so close

The Blackburn Times is a good pub. Nice to watch the football in. I'd say after that the Postal Order is the only other pub in town I'd frequent. The Napier has its moments too I suppose.

They are renovating around Blakeys, presumably when the bloke that owns that horrible takeaway "Godfathers" eventually sells up. That's meant to include new bars etc.

On match days I'd stick around Ewood. The White Bull, Brown Cow, Moorgate and Fox & Hounds are usually buzzing, even now. Decent pubs, nice crowd, decent prices and a nice sing song if it's a particularly rowdy day. Can't see that happening for Bristol Rovers though, sorry!

On 8/27/2017 at 14:12, Ozz said:

Err no.

The place is crying out for a decent matchday home boozer, even in these lean times.

Decent ale, good quality premium larger, bit of food, old Rovers games on big screens, bit of sports news.

The problem is turning over the business during the week and closed season, many have tried and failed.

But we digress.

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

There's a few good pubs in Blackburn and you can tell the council are really making an effort to improve the social side of the town. Pub by pub we seem to be dismantling all the poor, cheap ones and they're being replaced with some decent pubs. Unfortunately, it seems the price of beer goes up as the class of people you are with does.

You can get cheap beers during the day in the likes of Molloys but the people in there are there for the cheap beer - it's not a nice pub to sit and have a chat in.

The Drummers Arms in town is a nice, but rather small, pub. Always get a good chat with whoever else is in because you are forced to sit so close

The Blackburn Times is a good pub. Nice to watch the football in. I'd say after that the Postal Order is the only other pub in town I'd frequent. The Napier has its moments too I suppose.

They are renovating around Blakeys, presumably when the bloke that owns that horrible takeaway "Godfathers" eventually sells up. That's meant to include new bars etc.

On match days I'd stick around Ewood. The White Bull, Brown Cow, Moorgate and Fox & Hounds are usually buzzing, even now. Decent pubs, nice crowd, decent prices and a nice sing song if it's a particularly rowdy day. Can't see that happening for Bristol Rovers though, sorry!

Thanks for the info. Will make the most of the day anyway. Hopefully a win to top it off????

Archived